• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump v. Hitler

As of this point in History, the comparison is preposterous. Hitler was much, much, much worse than Trump.

I believe that as History continues to go on (as time goes by) Trump is likely to walk into the sunset, happy with all his "wins" and adoration he has collected from his gullible followers.

So, Hitler is likely to remain the much worse monster.

But it is not entirely excluded that Trump might evolve to become a dictator. We'd think, "no, this is America, this will never happen." But the fact is, a bunch of stuff we thought would never happen in our country, is already happening under Trump, who broke away from tradition in the way an American president behaves, multiple time, both internally and internationally. So, it's impossible to be entirely sure.

Again, I find it really unlikely, but Trump's dictatorial impulses and his rabid followers do worry me.

History can only pass judgment once it's all said and done.

So at the end of the Trump years one might look back and revisit the comparison.

My guess is that Hitler will remain the much worse one. But one never knows.

Last edited:
The fact that people here are genuinly debating this just shows how stupid most people are. This thread is pure trash. Trump has done nothing that even comes close to the monstrous destruction that Hitler caused.

Yes our countries checks and balances are still holding....barely.

Yes our countries checks and balances are still holding....barely.

Just so we are clear, you think our checks and balances are preventing Trump from gassing millions of people?

I don’t know if the comparison is valid; what is being lost is the fact that Hitler did not hit the ground at full speed. I have no idea where this is heading but it best to be aware of history......

Just so we are clear, you think our checks and balances are preventing Trump from gassing millions of people?

His cultists are screaming for it. Although, like the real Nazis, they will start out with bullets.

Like Hitler, Trump believes he knows better than the experts.

Trump isn't the least bit interested in doing anything to help America, its people, or anything else.

1. Many people respectfully disagree with you.

2. They believe that President Trump is one of the most patriotic presidents whom we have had in a long time.

a. He wants jobs to come back to America.
b. He wants everyone to have equal rights, but not special rights.
c. He wants America to stop being the world's sugar daddy.
d. He wants people in the world to respect our immigration laws.
e. He wants people to have an effective and affordable health care system.
f. He wants the media to report the news without political bias.

Next year, Americans (no unauthorized immigrants, please) will vote for president.

I agree that there is a good chance that the Democratic candidate may win, for the media have been very successful in comparing President Trump to Herr Hitler. Such a comparison, of course, is a cruel insult to the memory of the millions of Herr Hitler's victims.

2. They believe that President Trump is one of the most patriotic presidents whom we have had in a long time.

Next year, Americans (no unauthorized immigrants, please) will vote for president.

I agree that there is a good chance that the Democratic candidate may win, for the media have been very successful in comparing President Trump to Herr Hitler. Such a comparison, of course, is a cruel insult to the memory of the millions of Herr Hitler's victims.

And I suppose that your (and their) basis for believing this is Mr. Trump's word? Despite the fact that Mr. Trump has been caught in demonstrable lies more than 7,000 times in the last few years?

You can disagree with my claim that the moon has no breathable atmosphere, but no amount of your disagreement, however respectful, will confer a human-habitable atmosphere on the moon.

Trump said the GOP's healthcare plans were "mean", but then he threatened GOP legislators who refused to vote for the mean plans.

I could argue against other of your points, but that healthcare one is flagrant. Anyone who claims with a straight face that Trump cares about Americans having access to healthcare is in denial of what Trump has made perfectly clear. All he wants to do is kill Obama's legacy. He acknowledges that people will be hurt by the agenda he is pushing. But he doesn't care.

Your list is only for propaganda purposes. There are a lot of low IQ voters who did put the monster in office.

If Hitler was alive today and the liberals were all Jews they would vote overwhelmingly for him.
By the way,what is this thread doing in the non-political forum?

If Hitler was alive today and the liberals were all Jews they would vote overwhelmingly for him.
By the way,what is this thread doing in the non-political forum?

More like Republicans are the Jews in today's scenario.

And in case you weren't aware, Hitler has been dead for a while. That would be a history discussion.

Trump is at worst a malicious con man. Deplorable, but in no way on the same level as genocidal maniac.

There are a lot of low IQ voters who did put the monster in office.

Oh, my!

1. Anyone who voted for Candidate Trump has a low IQ, does s/he? Then, I assume, anyone who voted for Candidate Clinton has a high IQ. Thank you for the information.

2. President Trump is a "monster," is he? Now I understand why angry people (presumably including you) are marching on the castle.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and rational explanation.

Everyone brace yourselves: F is about to start a holocaust denial rant.

And you pretend to be against lies? Your posts consist of little else. Are they deliberate or do they arise from a deep well of ignorance?

When I saw the title I thought I was gonna get to see a Celebrity Deathmatch!

And you pretend to be against lies? Your posts consist of little else. Are they deliberate or do they arise from a deep well of ignorance?

Do you plan to demonstrate any of these supposed lies, or will you just continue to yell about burning slacks?

Trump is at worst a malicious con man. Deplorable, but in no way on the same level as genocidal maniac.

Someone who adopts a policy of stripping thousands of children from their parents, without a plan for reuniting the families, to send a message that the border is closed to asylum seekers ... that's someone who has taken more than a couple of steps past "malicious con man" on the trail toward genocidal maniac.

Our Constitution, our ideals, the media, etc. should be strong enough to stop Trump from being more extreme than that, but that's not just "malicious con man". It should be something we can confidently declare to be unAmerican. But Trump has stripped us of the ability to make that claim honestly, and he has shown us that a supposedly enlightened nation can start traveling on a Hitler-esque path a lot more quickly than most of us thought possible.

Tell you what.

The moment he tries to suggest we put a huge segment of the US population into concentration camps and kills 6 million of them, give me a call.

Trump is not Hitler. Nor was Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc, etc, etc. And every time I see such nonsensical coprolite spewed out by either side, I pretty much just assume that individual has lost all rational thought and is mentally ill.

This does not even belong here in the History section. At best, it belongs in the political area. But I believe this is more like fodder for the Conspiracy Theory section.

After all, nobody expects any form of rational thought down there.

Back
Top Bottom