• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump v. Hitler

DifferentDrummr

Bald eagle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Who is/was the most malicious?

Hitler at least believed that he was doing something to benefit Germany. Trump isn't the least bit interested in doing anything to help America, its people, or anything else. His interest never goes farther than getting more money and getting others to idolize him.

The parallels of the two are quite similar in most aspects except military service and time in jail.

Though Trump expresses sickening affection for murderous dictators, and though he practically begs to be Godwinned, our constitution and our courts and the media spotlight which is continually shining on him will stop him from ever coming close to genocide.

He may severely traumatize children. He may inspire a new generation of uber-violent gangs with a grudge against the U.S. government. He may hasten the decline of the health of the planet and indirectly cause deaths in that manner, possibly even more deaths than happened in the the Holocaust. But, no, we should not minimize what Hitler did by suggesting that Trump is worse than Hitler.

Hitler at least believed that he was doing something to benefit Germany. Trump isn't the least bit interested in doing anything to help America, its people, or anything else. His interest never goes farther than getting more money and getting others to idolize him.

I think we are going too far with the Trump vs. Hitler bit.

I get it, I do not like Trump either, and disagree with him on just about everything.

But the reality is Hitler stood on the back of nationalism and weaponized it to the point of killing millions in a haze of hatred and capitalizing on multiple prejudices that engulfed an entire nation.

Trump may act like Hitler, have common ideologies and prejudices... but we demean all the victims at Hitler’s hands with questions like this.

Even I have to say that's a bit of a stretch asking who's worse. There is no comparison, however, if Trump were the dictator that Hitler was, there's no telling since he shows all the signs of being a cruel dictator just like all the others.

I get it, I do not like Trump either, and disagree with him on just about everything.

But the reality is Hitler stood on the back of nationalism and weaponized it to the point of killing millions in a haze of hatred and capitalizing on multiple prejudices that engulfed an entire nation.

Trump may act like Hitler, have common ideologies and prejudices... but we demean all the victims at Hitler’s hands with questions like this.

Agreed. When you add context it makes the person calling Trump Hitler look foolish.

Dumbest.
Thread.
Ever.

The fact that people here are genuinly debating this just shows how stupid most people are. This thread is pure trash. Trump has done nothing that even comes close to the monstrous destruction that Hitler caused.

Hitler was actually intelligent? Evil, but intelligent.

Oh, and he did serve in the military unlike Cadet Bone Spurs, so there is that.

But seriously, Trump is nothing like Hitler in any sense. It's not really cool to compare them. Trump is simply a pretty good con man, and we appear to have alot of gullible people in the US right now.

You have every right to say that Hitler was more malicious than Trump. But using either man’s victims to stifle discussion is out of bounds.

I'd say YOU are most malicious.

The irony is both the Jews in Europe and the Latinos in the Americas would probably support the regimes if not for their oppression. Latinos, by far, have more in common with the GOP than the Dems: anti-gay, anti-abortion, religious as ****. But, hey. I'm glad the GOP is stupid.

Likewise, the world is grateful the Nazis were stupid too. In the end, the stupid sink under their own stupidity.

The fact that people here are genuinly debating this just shows how stupid most people are. This thread is pure trash. Trump has done nothing that even comes close to the monstrous destruction that Hitler caused.

Its a conversation only the historically illiterate can have.

That is a very good point and I agree with with you...

However I think it is important to recognize the similarities in order to avoid history repeating itself.

it's hard to argue that Tweety even approaches Hitler. he's a ****ing asshole, though.

it's hard to argue that Tweety even approaches Hitler. he's a ****ing asshole, though.

He got off on shooting tier gas at women and children. So, don't be so sure.

He got off on shooting tier gas at women and children. So, don't be so sure.

Hitler killed millions of people in a reign of terror. Trump is a dumbass orange cult leader of the gullible who lies for a living and embarrasses the country daily. there is a difference.

Hitler killed millions of people in a reign of terror. Trump is a dumbass orange cult leader of the gullible who lies for a living and embarrasses the country daily. there is a difference.

Wait a year. See what happens at the border. I am quite sure that bodies will hit the floor.

Wait a year. See what happens at the border. I pretty much assure you bodies will hit the floor.

hopefully someone in the inept Democratic party leadership figures out that they need to get college kids to vote. a good candidate would help immensely.

Wait a year. See what happens at the border. I am quite sure that bodies will hit the floor.

Do you ever get tired of sounding like the left's version of Alex Jones?

Back
Top Bottom