• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump v Clinton

Or will they?

According to some, a good number of Democrats have been voting for Trump in the primaries. [estimates of up to 25%]

You got anything resembling evidence of that assertion?

Yes, the old "voting third party is throwing your vote away". It's only true if enough of you think that way. I refuse to give into defeatist theories and arguments.

I find the bolded statement rather ironic coming from you considering the number of times that I have seen you post something to the effect of, "It doesn't matter who you vote for because the corporate interests will always maintain power."

Looks like Trump vs Clinton.
Has to be by far the worst choices for president ever presented to the American public.

I used to think the 3rd party would break up the control the rich and powerful have over the 2 main parties. I am sure now they will just buy the third party as well. Another puppet for their illusion of choice they give us. Trump is a problem because he has won a major party but is not beholding to the party. Granted the rich and powerful still control both parties in congress as well as the SCOTUS so he will be neutralized. But with his willingness to say anything he could shake up their control they have of our government and possibly open the eyes of a lot of people who pull the party lever no matter who is running.

The other possibility is he is one of the puppet masters and may be just eliminating the need for a puppet. If not I assume they will get rid of him one way or another. Every president that held office could have been impeached for something they did. If he doesn't bow to the rich and powerful and is truly a candidate of the people they will remove him. Most likely their puppet Hillary will get in though. She is bought and paid for as well as a lot of hype and sensation for the media as the first woman president.

Hillary is indeed establishment, there is no doubt about that. You can't get more Republocrat than Hillary.

Trump is certainly not part of the party elite, but he's also a national embarrassment.

If a third party were to gain popularity and power, it would eventually become corrupted like the Republocrats, this is true. It's part of that never ending cycle necessary to keep the Republic. The Parties will eventually corrupt and then you have to replace them again. Sucks, but it's part of the game.

I find the bolded statement rather ironic coming from you considering the number of times that I have seen you post something to the effect of, "It doesn't matter who you vote for because the corporate interests will always maintain power."

I find it funny that you reference a bolded statement but there is none.

If is true, the Corporate elite does have its hands all over the government. We run a Corporate Capitalist model that is killing ingenuity and economic mobility. And it is true that so long as the Republocrats maintain power unopposed, it will stay that way. However, I am not yet willing to give up on the Republic and because of that, I vote third party.

I appreciate the citation, but I was asking for support on the notion that up to a quarter of the voters for Trump in the primaries thus far have been Democrats (whether disaffected or trying to submarine the GOP nomination).

I am also uncertain how much weight to put into a poll from January that also found 14% of Republicans would switch to Hillary.

Looks like Trump vs Clinton.
Has to be by far the worst choices for president ever presented to the American public.

Or you could see them as very good or representative of the people.

The question is what are you going to tell them to do?

I appreciate the citation, but I was asking for support on the notion that up to a quarter of the voters for Trump in the primaries thus far have been Democrats (whether disaffected or trying to submarine the GOP nomination).

I am also uncertain how much weight to put into a poll from January that also found 14% of Republicans would switch to Hillary.

Interestingly, I looked up the numbers yesterday for another thread. In the most recent poll with such a breakdown(It was a FOX news poll), Clinton did in fact get 11 % of the republican vote. Trump got 8 % of the democratic vote. Also note that the survey he sources was done online, and featured a proposed pro-Trump add before it asked the questions.

That remains to be seen. Lots of time to reconcile.

The Trump cannot reconcile with the True Conservatives, they know he is a Democrat in everything but name.

Or you could see them as very good or representative of the people.

Doesn't say much for the American people

The question is what are you going to tell them to do?
For the good of the country and the world drop out?

Interestingly, I looked up the numbers yesterday for another thread. In the most recent poll with such a breakdown(It was a FOX news poll), Clinton did in fact get 11 % of the republican vote. Trump got 8 % of the democratic vote. Also note that the survey he sources was done online, and featured a proposed pro-Trump add before it asked the questions.

Appreciate that one - would you mind linking the poll for me?

Hillary is indeed establishment, there is no doubt about that. You can't get more Republocrat than Hillary.

I like that word republocrat. We have had too many of them as president.

Trump is certainly not part of the party elite, but he's also a national embarrassment.

He is not a party puppet but the jury is still out on him. As far as an embarrassment I thought that was a prerequisite for the job. Our most beloved and greatest presidents of late were all embarrassment. JFK on drugs and alcohol chasing women around the Oval Office while his wife has an affair in Greece. Bill Clinton following his lead. Regan supporting terrorism and every wack dictator in the Middle East. Then there is George W. The list is long and most party people are proud of their shenanigans. Hillary or Trump could be the greatest of all time when it comes to embarrassing behavior. Hillary rewarding criminals with a citizenship and restricting the rights of law abiding people will somehow stop crime. I think an honest man supporting the interest of the people would probably be burned at the stake if he became president.

Appreciate that one - would you mind linking the poll for me?

Page 19 is the one with the head to head, Clinton v Trump breakdown. And it turns out I misremembered, it was 6 % of democrats for Trump.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/04/14/fox-news-poll-national-release-april-14-2016/

However, this got added to RCP since I last looked(or I missed it, which is more likely): Trump 41%, Clinton 39% - Rasmussen Reports™. While the poll looks like an outlier now, it has Trump picking up 15 % of democrats, to Clinton's 8 % of republicans. I stress again that the rasmussen poll looks to be an outlier, having Trump with a 2 % lead, while the RCP average has Clinton with a 6.5 % lead. It does bear watching, but as I have stated, polling for the general is going to be very hit or miss in terms of accuracy, as enthusiasm is likely to be low outside of strong pockets of supporters for each.

Guess we can't put too much into anything. The 'experts' been completely wrong about Trump and never figured Hillary would have such competition from Sanders.

The Trump cannot reconcile with the True Conservatives, they know he is a Democrat in everything but name.

They think they know. They 'know' they hate Hillary with a passion.

They think they know. They 'know' they hate Hillary with a passion.
Keep telling yourself that, maybe even you will come to believe it.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe even you will come to believe it.

That's what's cool. I don't have to believe anything. I'm one vote of many.

No angst here.

Back
Top Bottom