• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump v Clinton

MinRogerCooper

Reaction score
I have one simple question.
Do you guys think that these will be our choices for president come November?

~Roger T. Cooper~

Looks that way, less whatever the 3rd parties put up.

~Roger T. Cooper~

Probably, barring shenanigans at the GOP convention, or some hyped up anti-Trump advocate trying an assassination attempt.

I don't see trump being assassinated, but I don't dismiss the idea.

~Roger T. Cooper~

So you don't think Bernie has a shot?

~Roger T. Cooper~

In an "anything's possible" scenario I suppose.

However, I still think Clinton has a tight hold on the super-delegates which will push her over the top.

However, I still think Clinton has a tight hold on the super-delegates which will push her over the top.

Yep. A lot of people fail to fully grasp what it means that Bernie is not actually a Democrat. It means a lot, IMO.

What about a contested Dem convention?
I could see a contested democratic convention. The problem is the establishment would undoubtedly hand Hillary the nomination on a silver platter with dressings and everything lol.

~Roger T. Cooper~

Could be...but, I suspect the prospect of a President Trump will unite a lot of factions. IMO, Hillary will start looking like a pretty good option for many people when faced with the idea of President Donald.

So you don't think Bernie has a shot?

~Roger T. Cooper~

It would take shenanigans to get Bernie in. It's possible but very unlikely. It would take something major that would flip the superdelegates almost unanimously to Bernie, and without Debbie giving that order, it isn't going to happen. Under what circumstances would Debbie give said order? If it looked like Shillary was likely to lose to Trump, and Debbie and Shillary were willing to acknowledge it (my money is on denial up until the point of losing the general), they might, for the sake of the party, agree to have Shillary stand down and run with Bernie and his far better hypothetical general election poll numbers. But for that to happen her public image would have to take a seriously big hit, either through her own actions or some major dirt surfacing. And if that hasn't happened in the last year, its very unlikely to happen in the next 6 months.

But it's certainly possible. Stranger things have happened, they just usually seem to go Shillary's way instead of Bernie's.

I could see a contested democratic convention. The problem is the establishment would undoubtedly hand Hillary the nomination on a silver platter with dressings and everything lol.

~Roger T. Cooper~

The Dem establishment already has handed Hillary the nomination, all you have to do is look at the super delegate numbers, and this is pretty clear, so I'm not thinking any sort of contested convention is going to be allowed by the Dem establishment, the DNC.

Agreed. This was already preordained way early in the primary campaign already, and hasn't changed since.

Could be...but, I suspect the prospect of a President Trump will unite a lot of factions. IMO, Hillary will start looking like a pretty good option for many people when faced with the idea of President Donald.
Or will they?

According to some, a good number of Democrats have been voting for Trump in the primaries. [estimates of up to 25%]

I suppose we have to wait and see.
I for one am not counting Bernie out, but I do recognize the appeal Hillary has simply because she isn't trump.

~Roger T. Cooper~

~Roger T. Cooper~

I think Trump or Clinton is a delightful choice.

You have your choice of two evils to throw at the evil world and third Parties can flourish and possibly come to the forefront in 2020 but I think either Trump or Clinton will be doing very well and on to their second Term.

Or will they?

According to some, a good number of Democrats have been voting for Trump in the primaries. [estimates of up to 25%]

Some of that is rat****ing though isn't it? And don't forget the republicans who are #NeverTrump.

Trump's major problem is that a good deal of Republicans hate him, and most Democrats hate him. That makes for a massive loss in the general election.

~Roger T. Cooper~

~Roger T. Cooper~

I think that's certainly what we're going to get. The establishment wants Clinton and the GOP couldn't shake Trump.

So I'll be voting third party.

I think that's certainly what we're going to get. The establishment wants Clinton and the GOP couldn't shake Trump.

Now see, I've thought about that, but I refuse to vote for someone or for a party that has no chance at winning. I know my vote counts, but I want it to matter too.

~Roger T. Cooper~

Now see, I've thought about that, but I refuse to vote for someone or for a party that has no chance at winning. I know my vote counts, but I want it to matter too.

~Roger T. Cooper~

Yes, the old "voting third party is throwing your vote away". It's only true if enough of you think that way. I refuse to give into defeatist theories and arguments. Voting for the Republocrats will not change them, not voting will not change them. The only lever you have to put force on the main party is through the third parties.

So support Clinton or Trump, your vote will still not count or matter. And in so doing, you'll help to bolster the status quo through support of the status quo.

~Roger T. Cooper~

Vote so it hurts.

Or will they?

Trumpeteers come in all colors. But, the gain in D voters will not offset Trump's loss in R voters.

I used to think the 3rd party would break up the control the rich and powerful have over the 2 main parties. I am sure now they will just buy the third party as well. Another puppet for their illusion of choice they give us. Trump is a problem because he has won a major party but is not beholding to the party. Granted the rich and powerful still control both parties in congress as well as the SCOTUS so he will be neutralized. But with his willingness to say anything he could shake up their control they have of our government and possibly open the eyes of a lot of people who pull the party lever no matter who is running.

The other possibility is he is one of the puppet masters and may be just eliminating the need for a puppet. If not I assume they will get rid of him one way or another. Every president that held office could have been impeached for something they did. If he doesn't bow to the rich and powerful and is truly a candidate of the people they will remove him. Most likely their puppet Hillary will get in though. She is bought and paid for as well as a lot of hype and sensation for the media as the first woman president.

Back
Top Bottom