• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump unlikely to declare emergency at U.S. southern border: report

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-at-u-s-southern-border-report-idUSKCN1P228P

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is unlikely to declare a national emergency at the southern border with Mexico during his speech on Tuesday night, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person who reviewed drafts of the speech.

The nationally televised address did not include any declaration, according to the person, who was not identified. The speech will try to explain why the Republican president considers the situation at the border as a crisis, the newspaper said.
==============================================
In layman's terms, Trump will be trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

The only crisis is for his ego.

Well it’s 4 hours now, why don’t we just wait and see, shall we?

So Trumps going to go on the air and do a speech? Damn I think I'd rather watch paint dry. And for anyone that isn't blindly partisan it's going to be obvious he will play the blame game and make it all about himself.

If it was such a crisis, why didn't he address it when the Republicans controlled the House and the Senate and the Oval Office?

If it was such a crisis, why didn't he address it when the Republicans controlled the House and the Senate and the Oval Office?

I suspect this will be a rah rah tv Trump style rally. Unfortunately the networks are once again giving him free campaign time.

So Trumps going to go on the air and do a speech? Damn I think I'd rather watch paint dry. And for anyone that isn't blindly partisan it's going to be obvious he will play the blame game and make it all about himself.

Nah, it'll be fun. He knows that Pelosi and Schumer will be fact-checking everything he says (and he'll be ignoring his script, to the familiar horror of his handlers)...and so it will be fun to see how he manages under the pressure, knowing they'll refute everything he says immediately after.

I suspect this will be a rah rah tv Trump style rally. Unfortunately the networks are once again giving him free campaign time.

Yes, but he'll have Schumer and Pelosi rebut everything he says and then his only rebuttal will have to be Twitter tonight.

Yes, but he'll have Schumer and Pelosi rebut everything he says and then his only rebuttal will have to be Twitter tonight.

But he also knows that so he could change his whole speech. Its already apparently been taped. He watches tv all day so he must know whats being said. Will be a rally. Then he is off to the border to meet with Border Patrol again.

But he also knows that so he could change his whole speech. Its already apparently been taped. He watches tv all day so he must know whats being said. Will be a rally. Then he is off to the border to meet with Border Patrol again.

It's not going to be live?

Exactly. What's changed?
And, if it's so all-fired important why isn't the truth bad enough? Why inflate 6 terror suspects into 4,000?
Whatever the truth is one thing's for sure- any government project of this size makes tons of mony for the right people. People who probably don't have to tender contract bids.

Last edited:
It's not going to be live?

CNN said awhile ago he was pre taping. So I assume that means it wont be live? Arent they usually all pre taped? Except for State of the Union?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-at-u-s-southern-border-report-idUSKCN1P228P

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is unlikely to declare a national emergency at the southern border with Mexico during his speech on Tuesday night, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person who reviewed drafts of the speech.

The nationally televised address did not include any declaration, according to the person, who was not identified. The speech will try to explain why the Republican president considers the situation at the border as a crisis, the newspaper said.

The whole use of the wall and illegal immigrants (They're tekk err jerbs!) is just an emotional fear appeal to the angry rubes out there who allow themselves to be ginned up in fake crises and don't realize that they are forever being played.

I will be at the pub playing trivia and beating burnt out old biker hippies who never finished high school...

Well, that must be a letdown for the liberals on this board ... :lamo

Having twisted their nickers into all sorts of shape over the last 24 hours with speculations galore ... :lol:

Having twisted their nickers into all sorts of shape over the last 24 hours with speculations galore ... :lol:

Thats why I truly wonder what he will say. He loves saying fake news so it wouldnt surprise me if he got up and just talked about the jobs numbers or something else.

Thats why I truly wonder what he will say. He loves saying fake news so it wouldnt surprise me if he got up and just talked about the jobs numbers or something else.

He already told us yesterday what he's gonna talk about ...

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern.

10:44 AM - 7 Jan 2019

I think he is going to make the case for the wall look for a fair amount of facts and figures and maybe some clips of Obama, Pelosi and Schumer say we need to stop illegal immigration from a few years back. He will be trying to turn the American public Pelosi and Schumer..

Actually, it would be a let down for the alt right knuckle draggers on this board that have no problem with their cult leader acting like a petty dictator.

Right they have been running around like Michael Jackson with his hair on fire. :lol:

Actually, it would be a let down for the alt right knuckle draggers on this board that have no problem with their cult leader acting like a petty dictator.

It's not the "alt right knuckle draggers" on this board who have spun themselves into a tizzy since the announcement was made ... :lamo

It's not the "alt right knuckle draggers" on this board who have spun themselves into a tizzy since the announcement was made ... :lamo

The knuckle draggers love themselves a dictator, and they will do whatever their cult leader tells them to do.

Because Paul Ryan wouldn't help. Why did Obama not solve the DACA when the Democrats controlled the House the Senate and the WH?

Back
Top Bottom