• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump University Fraud Case Deposition

"When the written transcript of the deposition video was made public, media attention focused on an exchange about Trump’s memory. Forge had asked him to evaluate his own memory, and Trump said, “My memory’s good.” Forge reminded Trump that he had once described it as “one of the all-time great memories,” and Trump kept calling it “good” before acknowledging he had used that phrase. When Forge asked, “Do you believe you have one of the best memories in the world?” Trump replied, “That I can’t tell you.” Forge noted that Trump had previously stated he indeed possessed one of the best memories in the world and referenced an NBC News report from the previous month in which Trump had declared he had “the world’s greatest memory.” Trump said, “I don’t remember that.”

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"Next, Forge tried to trap Trump with Trump’s own words. He cited a book Trump had written in which Trump declared, “The education industry is delivering less for more money and claiming no ground has been lost. It’s fraud, pure and simple.” Forge asked Trump, “Would you agree that when educators deliver less than promised for more money and claim they’re doing something great, it’s a fraud, pure and simple?” Trump, who now stood accused of committing fraud, apparently could see where this was heading. After his lawyer objected to the question, Trump said, “I would say it’s…no, it’s not a fraud.” Forge countered: “So this statement in your book is not accurate?” Trump replied, “It’s not accurate, yes. It’s trying to get a point across.”

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"In several instances during the deposition, Trump dismissed false statements made by Trump University instructors. Asked by Forge about a script that had been sent to instructors advising them to tell prospective students that they had dinner with Trump and discussed real estate with him—though the instructors had not dined or chatted with him—Trump called this “hyperbole” and “innocent exaggeration.” Pressed on whether terming this statement “hyperbole” was the “same thing as saying something is not accurate,” Trump answered, “It depends on how you’re talking about accurate. But I would say that a thing like that’s pretty innocent. I can see a lot of people doing it.” That is, Trump would not call a lie a lie."

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

Who could have known back in 2016 that a person who defrauded thousands of regular Americans out of nearly a quarter billion dollars would go on to be a bad President?

Who could have known back in 2016 that a person who defrauded thousands of regular Americans out of nearly a quarter billion dollars would go on to be a bad President?

If only there was a track record; there certainly is one now!

" During one exchange, Trump asserted that he did “very well” in another lawsuit—though he had actually lost. Trump had sued journalist Tim O’Brien for libel after O’Brien wrote in his 2005 book, TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald, that Trump was no billionaire and, instead, worth between $150 million and $250 million. Trump at the time claimed that he was worth over $5 billion. A New Jersey judge dismissed the case in 2009, and two years later Trump lost an appeal. Yet when Forge questioned Trump about this case, the reality TV star claimed he had done “well” in it. Reminded that he had not won, Trump replied, “I made a very good point with that lawsuit.” He maintained that the issue had been a question of damages. But that was not true. The case had been thrown out by a state judge who rejected Trump’s claim that O’Brien had acted maliciously. The case had won Trump nothing. In depositions for that lawsuit, Trump was forced to admit 30 times that he had lied about assorted matters."

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Goomer and Goober would probably fall all the Trump cons.

But Andy would bail them out. Trump voters don't have an Andy.

" During one exchange, Trump asserted that he did “very well” in another lawsuit—though he had actually lost. Trump had sued journalist Tim O’Brien for libel after O’Brien wrote in his 2005 book, TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald, that Trump was no billionaire and, instead, worth between $150 million and $250 million. Trump at the time claimed that he was worth over $5 billion. A New Jersey judge dismissed the case in 2009, and two years later Trump lost an appeal. Yet when Forge questioned Trump about this case, the reality TV star claimed he had done “well” in it. Reminded that he had not won, Trump replied, “I made a very good point with that lawsuit.” He maintained that the issue had been a question of damages. But that was not true. The case had been thrown out by a state judge who rejected Trump’s claim that O’Brien had acted maliciously. The case had won Trump nothing. In depositions for that lawsuit, Trump was forced to admit 30 times that he had lied about assorted matters."

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Trump talks to anyone like they do not understand simple truths.

"In several instances during the deposition, Trump dismissed false statements made by Trump University instructors. Asked by Forge about a script that had been sent to instructors advising them to tell prospective students that they had dinner with Trump and discussed real estate with him—though the instructors had not dined or chatted with him—Trump called this “hyperbole” and “innocent exaggeration.” Pressed on whether terming this statement “hyperbole” was the “same thing as saying something is not accurate,” Trump answered, “It depends on how you’re talking about accurate. But I would say that a thing like that’s pretty innocent. I can see a lot of people doing it.” That is, Trump would not call a lie a lie."

And they attack "It depends what the meaning of is, is."

Of course he can see a lot of people doing it - thieves think everyone steals.

Back
Top Bottom