• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump tweets spiky, 'beautiful' barrier rendering as border wall funding debate rages

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump loves steel bars??? That's gonna be his ultimate There's a Tweet For Everything.

As disagreements over funding for President Donald Trump's long-promised border wall brought the government to the brink of a shutdown Friday, Trump tweeted a rendering he described not as a wall but rather a "Steel Slat Barrier."

The rendering highlights spikes on top of the proposed barrier, which Trump described as "beautiful" and "totally effective."

I can make this thing in MS Paint. Pathetic. Does anyone actually like this???
steelslats.jpg

Trump also wrote that a high tech border won't be nearly as effective because he knows more about tech than anybody and he also believes himself to be reinventing the wheel. This man is delusional.

Trump tweets spiky, 'beautiful' barrier rendering as border wall funding debate rages

“A big beautiful slatted barrier,” has a nice ring to it.

Trump loves steel bars??? That's gonna be his ultimate There's a Tweet For Everything.

View attachment 67246496

Trump also wrote that a high tech border won't be nearly as effective because he knows more about tech than anybody and he also believes himself to be reinventing the wheel. This man is delusional.

We could mount "suspected terrorist" heads on the spikes, neat huh? Trump = real life Lannisters only stupid.

Even before he ascends to the*Iron Throne,*Joffrey is spoiled, arrogant, cowardly, childish and sadistic, though he tends to hide these traits before his ascension. These traits are further exacerbated upon Robert's death and his ascension to the crown.[6]

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Joffrey_Baratheon

RR Martin tried to warn us.
976f146a14de8beddd8008753d8c2ba3.jpg

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

View attachment 67246496

:lamo

When I first saw this I thought it was something from The Onion. Based on that image it just looks like a bunch of long metal spikes. Is it me, or am I the only one not finding the beauty in that? Oh, and seriously folks....how are you going to let the POTUS tweet something that looks like a 5th grade project in Paint? Come on guys, I know most folks have left the WH but aim higher!

View attachment 67246496

You know, if it looks like a picket fence, sounds like a picket fence, acts like a picket fence, hangs around with picket fences, and went to picket fence school then the only natural conclusion to reach is that it is "The Wall".

Agent Orange isn't real. Yeah, sure, all the so-called "experts" say that it's real, but I know what my gut says and I'll go with my gut over the so-called "opinions" of any so-called "experts" any day of the week.

Sound vaguely familiar?

PS - Why do those whiners think that they have an "entitlement". They should have taken out insurance and because they chose not to take out insurance then why should anyone who wasn't exposed have to pay for the deliberate choice those people made not to take out insurance?

We could mount "suspected terrorist" heads on the spikes, neat huh? Trump = real life Lannisters only stupid.

I felt the same way when I first saw that drawing.

Carrying one of these has got to be much easier than a 20-30' ladder.

KH990-2.jpg

View attachment 67246496

You must admit a wall wouldn't have as many moving parts to break or need replacing.

View attachment 67246496

Looking at the scale (the vehicle) it looks like one should be able to just squeeze through between the laterally unsupported bars. It probably costs more than any other actual submission for the wall, with the amount of steel needed for that poor design. The bars would need to be massively thick in order to keep them from bending at that height. And well also you could hook a cable up to the individually standing bars and pull them down pretty easily. Of course a cutting torch would destroy the barrier within minutes. Even a hack saw would make the barrier easily broken.

I hope that he uses this design it will be fun watching the photos come in of it being easily destroyed.

You must admit a wall wouldn't have as many moving parts to break or need replacing.

Given the going price for scrap metal, you can expect large sections of "The Fence" to vanish on a regular basis.

Given a couple of hours prep time, I could probably take down a hundred yards or more of "The Fence" in less than 10 seconds.

A fence with a hole in it doesn't do a very good job of keeping things either in or out.

Carrying one of these has got to be much easier than a 20-30' ladder.

KH990-2.jpg

In 10 minutes you should be able to drive through the hole made with that torch. Personally I would worry more about Mexican metal scrapers stealing the metal for scrap.

Another irony of a "steel slat" fence is that steel prices have increased ~25% since Trump's tariffs.

And? So what?

Are you serious?

Trump is busy shrieking for billions of dollars for a pointless joke.....but his cultists refuse to help people who actually fought for the United States.....which would cost far less.

Do you seriously not see the problem here?

Given the going price for scrap metal, you can expect large sections of "The Fence" to vanish on a regular basis.

Given a couple of hours prep time, I could probably take down a hundred yards or more of "The Fence" in less than 10 seconds.

A fence with a hole in it doesn't do a very good job of keeping things either in or out.
I'm sure you "think" you could. Why don't you try it. Then you can write us from prison and let us know how it work out for you. :lol:

Are you serious?

Trump is busy shrieking for billions of dollars for a pointless joke.....but his cultists refuse to help people who actually fought for the United States.....which would cost far less.

Do you seriously not see the problem here?

Again, so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt the same way when I first saw that drawing.

Anybody who genuinely feels this is "America first" is not a part of any America I ever knew or wanted anything to do with.:roll:

Anybody who genuinely feels this is "America first" is not a part of any America I ever knew or wanted anything to do with.:roll:

Let us not forget who comprised the original American First crowd in 1940 and 41 and where we would be today had they gotten their way. If there are any questions, they can go to Netlfix and watch THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE.

Back
Top Bottom