• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump tweets spiky, 'beautiful' barrier rendering as border wall funding debate rages

The wall will do very little to stop illegal immigration and drugs, millions of people are screaming at the top of their lungs for this useless structure to be built solely for the vanity of one man...

You can’t reason with people like that.

Bizarre, innit?
D'ya suppose Trump will want lights all along the top so it will be seen from space?

*I* didn’t refuse to do anything. *our* duly elected representatives chose not to pass a piece of legislation. There is no moral aspect there.

Also Trump was not a draft dodger, he was simply not drafted. The majority of young men in that era were not. Also even if he was so what? That makes no difference to the pros and cons of specific legislation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Trump cultists decided their idiotic fantasy was more important than aiding American servicemen. Again, why should anyone support your little pipe dream?

Yes, he took full advantage of the system to avoid being drafted while claiming that avoiding STDs was "his Vietnam".

Yep, the fact that Donnie Draft Dodger hates people who actually served their country doesn't change the fact that your wall is dumb. Noted.

Too bad for the libs, the statistics show the exact opposite, existing border fence has been extremely effective

It has? You mean illegal immigration isn't the problem all those people say it is?

Yes, the Trump cultists decided their idiotic fantasy was more important than aiding American servicemen. Again, why should anyone support your little pipe dream?

No, “Trump cultists” decided no such thing. A bill to allow people who never set foot in Vietnam to claim agent orange exposure at the expense of benefits for GWOT veterans was defeated by the senate last year.

Yes, he took full advantage of the system to avoid being drafted while claiming that avoiding STDs was "his Vietnam".

No, and irrelevant anyway

Yep, the fact that Donnie Draft Dodger hates people who actually served their country doesn't change the fact that your wall is dumb. Noted.

Even if true, and it’s not because Trump had nothing to do with the HR299, it is irrelevant

Bizarre, innit?
D'ya suppose Trump will want lights all along the top so it will be seen from space?

Only if they spell out...........wait for it................T R U M P :thumbs:

It has? You mean illegal immigration isn't the problem all those people say it is?

The fencing is not complete and illegal immigration has shifted to unfenced sectors of the border.

No, “Trump cultists” decided no such thing. A bill to allow people who never set foot in Vietnam to claim agent orange exposure at the expense of benefits for GWOT veterans was defeated by the senate last year.

No, and irrelevant anyway

Even if true, and it’s not because Trump had nothing to do with the HR299, it is irrelevant

Yes, they absolutely did. That was the entire point--- Trump and his cultists masturbating about a useless wall while refusing to aid American servicemen.

Only to Trump cultists who have proven, via their support of Trump's attacks on POWs, that they didn't give a **** about the military anyway.

He does realize people may be impaled on those spikes?

Sick president, for a sick base.
Only if they are really stupid. You do realize that about 400 people a year die illegally crossing now.

The fencing is not complete and illegal immigration has shifted to unfenced sectors of the border.

From what I've read illegal immigrants mostly walk/fly/drive in to the US legally.

Yep the fenced areas saw a 95% reduction in illegal immigration according to Homeland Security. I'm good with that.

From what I've read illegal immigrants mostly walk/fly/drive in to the US legally.

Employers are desperate for the workers...Most of trump America, is too old, too lazy ,too unskilled to do the work

Yep the fenced areas saw a 95% reduction in illegal immigration according to Homeland Security. I'm good with that.

Statistics = creative mathematics.
Say that fenced area was a five-mile stretch eastward of San Ysidro, Cal. If they caught 100 illegals there before the fence and only 5 after, yeah it stopped 95%. But what if 90 illegals bought false papers that allowed them to walk across at San Ysidro to go shopping or to visit friends?

Statistics = creative mathematics.
Say that fenced area was a five-mile stretch eastward of San Ysidro, Cal. If they caught 100 illegals there before the fence and only 5 after, yeah it stopped 95%. But what if 90 illegals bought false papers that allowed them to walk across at San Ysidro to go shopping or to visit friends?
You have a vivid imagination. Any proof that you would like to offer? The ex Border Patrol chief also cites an example of how a barrier helped. https://www.breitbart.com/border/2017/04/05/wall-cut-illegal-crossings-94-says-fmr-border-chief/

Ok, so what?

First off, it’s only a slight majority, illegal crossings over land borders are still a major issue. For one thing if someone flies in with a visa and then overstays, we at least have some idea where they are, what their criminal record is, their ID is on file, etc.

Also the fact the law is violated in different ways is not a reason to not enforce other parts of the law. I mean this is the equivalent of the trope of the traffic stop where the cops pull over someone for doing 20 over the limit and he says “don’t you have rapists and murderers to catch” it’s a self interested non argument

You have a vivid imagination. Any proof that you would like to offer? The ex Border Patrol chief also cites an example of how a barrier helped. https://www.breitbart.com/border/2017/04/05/wall-cut-illegal-crossings-94-says-fmr-border-chief/

No, you missed my point. Most illegal immigrants crossed legally. Illegal border crossings could be stopped altogether without making much difference in the illegal immigrant issue. There's tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of legal border crossings each day. Mexican nationals walk up to the port of entry and say they're going shopping. They drive up and say they're going to visit friends or family. They fly across and say they're on vacation. They come with legal visas and they just stay. American employers hire them because they make big bucks off cheap labour.
It used to be, back when the border was more porous, that men would come seasonally, work for whoever they worked for last year and then take their wages home where they stretched much farther. They were called 'migrant labour'. Now they can't take the chance of crossing again next year so they bring their families and stay. And relatively few wade across the river.

You can't possible that dense. The fence has cause them to try in unfenced areas. Therefore we should erect barriers on all the border because its effective.

Ok, so what?

First off, it’s only a slight majority, illegal crossings over land borders are still a major issue. For one thing if someone flies in with a visa and then overstays, we at least have some idea where they are, what their criminal record is, their ID is on file, etc.

Also the fact the law is violated in different ways is not a reason to not enforce other parts of the law. I mean this is the equivalent of the trope of the traffic stop where the cops pull over someone for doing 20 over the limit and he says “don’t you have rapists and murderers to catch” it’s a self interested non argument

What it is, realizing where most of the problem lies, is an indicator of where to dedicate resources.
And I question your 'slight majority' qualifier. I suspect there's many more illegals overstaying visas than wading across the river. Many more.

You can't possible that dense. The fence has cause them to try in unfenced areas. Therefore we should erect barriers on all the border because its effective.

Jesus. Where to start...

Never mind. You're gonna KMA before I respond to you again, you loudmouthed blowhard. Take your juvenile schoolyard crap and stick it where it won't get rained on.

Trump loves steel bars??? That's gonna be his ultimate There's a Tweet For Everything.

I can make this thing in MS Paint. Pathetic. Does anyone actually like this???
View attachment 67246496

Trump also wrote that a high tech border won't be nearly as effective because he knows more about tech than anybody and he also believes himself to be reinventing the wheel. This man is delusional.

Trump tweets spiky, 'beautiful' barrier rendering as border wall funding debate rages

It's not a wall, its a metal fence. Fences are okay according to Ms. Nancy, so its time for Trump to press her to keep her promise.

No, you missed my point. Most illegal immigrants crossed legally. Illegal border crossings could be stopped altogether without making much difference in the illegal immigrant issue. There's tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of legal border crossings each day. Mexican nationals walk up to the port of entry and say they're going shopping. They drive up and say they're going to visit friends or family. They fly across and say they're on vacation. They come with legal visas and they just stay. American employers hire them because they make big bucks off cheap labour.
It used to be, back when the border was more porous, that men would come seasonally, work for whoever they worked for last year and then take their wages home where they stretched much farther. They were called 'migrant labour'. Now they can't take the chance of crossing again next year so they bring their families and stay. And relatively few wade across the river.
The stats say 60% cross the border illegally. The other 40 % needs to be addressed also. That is what ICE is for. I went to med school with three people that I personally were over staying their visas. Two from the Mideast and one from India. So yes we need to increase our efforts to find people that over stay their visas. But we catch over 1500 day illegally crossing the border. That has to stop. Who knows how many we don't catch. I'm for J Visas for migrant workers that come and go seasonally. But it should be very regulated.

Not as "most" as you seem to believe. The source of illegal immigration has varied throughout its history. The last estimate I saw was more than several years ago, wherein 57 percent entered legally vs. 43 percent that did not. A 60/40 ratio is a majority, but does not qualify for "most".

If it did, then "most" Americans voted for Ronald Reagan and Lyndon Johnson - also untrue.

Jesus. Where to start...

Never mind. You're gonna KMA before I respond to you again, you loudmouthed blowhard. Take your juvenile schoolyard crap and stick it where it won't get rained on.
Go take some Dilantin. :lol:

The most recent numbers indicate 42% of illegal aliens are visa overstays.

Back in the days of migrant labor we didn’t have a massive central welfare state, we didn’t have mandates that emergency rooms provide uncompensated care, etc. They’re bringing their families in part because of generous social welfare policies that benefit the family members and because there’s family links in many cases in the US and a lack of political will to enforce the law.

Mexicans can get on a plane and fly to Canada or the UK or Spain and can enter without a visa, why don’t they overstay and live illegally there? Because those countries would remove them and exclude them from benefits.

Back
Top Bottom