• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Tuesday? Polls say Yes. Yuuuuuge wins

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trump Tuesday? Polls say yes, yuuuge wins

Donald Trump is leading polls in all five states holding Republican primaries Tuesday. And it’s by a lot.

A survey released Monday by Public Policy Polling shows him leading Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz by yuuuge double-digit margins in three:

Connecticut

•Trump 59
•Kasich 25
•Cruz 13

Pennsylvania

•Trump 51
•Cruz 25
•Kasich 22

Rhode Island

•Trump 61
•Kasich 23
•Cruz 13

And recent polls in the other two states show similar victory margins for Trump.

Now we know why Cruz and Kasich are so desperate. They not only aren't "surging" as their supporters claim...they are going backwards. Trump leads every poll in the 5 states voting Tuesday by at least 2-1 margins. In some cases 3-1. Talk about a major trouncing Cruz/Kasich are going to take.

Donald Trump is leading polls in all five states holding Republican primaries Tuesday. And it’s by a lot.

A survey released Monday by Public Policy Polling shows him leading Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz by yuuuge double-digit margins in three:

Connecticut

•Trump 59
•Kasich 25
•Cruz 13

Pennsylvania

•Trump 51
•Cruz 25
•Kasich 22

Rhode Island

•Trump 61
•Kasich 23
•Cruz 13

And recent polls in the other two states show similar victory margins for Trump.

Now we know why Cruz and Kasich are so desperate. They not only aren't "surging" as their supporters claim...they are going backwards. Trump leads every poll in the 5 states voting Tuesday by at least 2-1 margins. In some cases 3-1. Talk about a major trouncing Cruz/Kasich are going to take.

At least Kasich is catching up. As the only sane Republican running, I can get behind him comfortably. Kasich may be our last chance to get a sane politician in the White House this cycle.

Connecticut

•Trump 59
•Kasich 25
•Cruz 13

Pennsylvania

•Trump 51
•Cruz 25
•Kasich 22

Rhode Island

•Trump 61
•Kasich 23
•Cruz 13

Close!

This is the more likely specific reason, I believe:

Real Clear Politics" Indiana Republican Presidential Primary

RCP Average 4/18 - 4/22 -- -- 39.3 33.0 19.3 Trump +6.3

At least Kasich is catching up. As the only sane Republican running, I can get behind him comfortably. Kasich may be our last chance to get a sane politician in the White House this cycle.

Going into the convention...having only won 1 state (his home state) and being behind by probably about 1000 delegates...I think there is about zero chance of that happening. It would cause the entire GOP to implode.

Going into the convention...having only won 1 state (his home state) and being behind by probably about 1000 delegates...I think there is about zero chance of that happening. It would cause the entire GOP to implode.

Well, I'm pretty sure the GOP is already imploding and in damage-control mode with Trump being so popular. They won't allow Trump or Cruz to be the nominee, that's a certain. Trump is too close to the Clintons and Democrats, and Cruz is unpopular and nobody likes him.

Why Cruz-Kasich Deal Has the Potential to Stop Trump

As I wrote recently, the whole Republican contest could come down to Indiana. The state has 57 pledged delegates, and it awards those delegates on a winner-take-all basis statewide and by congressional district. As a result, the difference between a narrow win and a loss is huge for Mr. Trump. If he wins statewide — even by a point — it will be fairly easy for him to reach 1,237 delegates with a victory in California, which on paper is probably an easier state for him than Indiana.

Why do you think Trump can't beat H dog? Seems like he would beat her pretty easily to me. She already has a nick name that sticks and is accurate.

Close!

This is the more likely specific reason, I believe:

Real Clear Politics" Indiana Republican Presidential Primary

RCP Average 4/18 - 4/22 -- -- 39.3 33.0 19.3 Trump +6.3

Look at those margin error ratios! 4.0 to 6.6 isn't exactly a certain lead for Trump. In each of those columns the lead is within the margin of error; either the sampling is showing a lot of flex or the surveyors are idiots. My suspicion is that the sampling is all over the place from confusion over what's happening. I can understand lifelong Republicans wondering WTF?, while a good number of Democrats squeeze their legs together, hold their nose and vote for Clinton, That, I figure would show up as a wide MoE in the survey

Why do you think Trump can't beat H dog? Seems like he would beat her pretty easily to me. She already has a nick name that sticks and is accurate.

Because he just won't. HRC will simply rig the election against him, like she has done in the only 2 primaries she's won in the past month. Voter purging.

Because he just won't. HRC will simply rig the election against him, like she has done in the only 2 primaries she's won in the past month. Voter purging.

Because he just won't is the best you can muster lol? I hear this all the time, yet i haven't heard any reasons for the amount of confidence people have in Hillary vs Trump. I can see her in the first debate imploding when Trump starts to call her out on things most people wouldn't.

Because he just won't is the best you can muster lol?

No. The second part of my post you ignored:

HRC will simply rig the election against him, like she has done in the only 2 primaries she's won in the past month. Voter purging.

Sorry if I failed to walk on eggshells for you. I was contemplating taking that first sentence out of my post completely, since it wasn't even the point.

Look at those margin error ratios! 4.0 to 6.6 isn't exactly a certain lead for Trump. In each of those columns the lead is within the margin of error; either the sampling is showing a lot of flex or the surveyors are idiots. My suspicion is that the sampling is all over the place from confusion over what's happening. I can understand lifelong Republicans wondering WTF?, while a good number of Democrats squeeze their legs together, hold their nose and vote for Clinton, That, I figure would show up as a wide MoE in the survey
Actually, you just drew my attention to the MOEs; Yowza!

I'm sure it's due to the unpredictability of all this, especially with Trump often under-performing and Cruz over-performing in these type of states.

But the point was: Cruz feels threatened in Indiana, where the #StopTrump movement essentially comes to an end next week if Cruz can't pull-off a win! (IMO)

It seems to me the "Stop Trump" beating of the drum from the GOP establishment has even backed-off recently, with it coming now mainly from the candidates campaigns themselves. The GOP establishment may be becoming resigned to their fate.

No. The second part of my post you ignored:

Sorry if I failed to walk on eggshells for you. I was contemplating taking that first sentence out of my post completely, since it wasn't even the point.

Simply rigging the election is kind of vague. Anything shady she does will come to light and come to light fast, therefore backfiring.

What did he name her, if you don't mind me asking?

Simply rigging the election is kind of vague. Anything shady she does will come to light and come to light fast, therefore backfiring.

It hasn't backfired in her race against Bernie, despite all the voters being purged only being Bernie voters and - curiously - none of them Hillaryites. HRC will be the next President unless the GOP nominates Kasich. They realize this.

I've seen three interviews with Kasich today and in each one he looks angry, desperate and frustrated. He isn't doing himself any favors. I've never seen the man look less Presidential than he has today. I've heard that the man has a temper...he was pretty good at hiding it until today.

I haven't seen any interviews with Cruz today....anybody who has...is he being his usual smary self?

It hasn't backfired in her race against Bernie, despite all the voters being purged only being Bernie voters and - curiously - none of them Hillaryites. HRC will be the next President unless the GOP nominates Kasich. They realize this.

Hilary will be the next President regardless. Kasich is looking horrible today. He's probably shedding the few votes that he had.

Hilary will be the next President regardless. Kasich is looking horrible today. He's probably shedding the few votes that he had.

Hillary looks horrible all the time.

Picture-17.png

Connecticut

•Trump 59
•Kasich 25
•Cruz 13

Pennsylvania

•Trump 51
•Cruz 25
•Kasich 22

Rhode Island

•Trump 61
•Kasich 23
•Cruz 13

Yeah, this is going to be the most interesting election of our lives (thus far).

Because Bernie doesn't want to ruin his relationship with Hillary so he is essentially fighting with his hands behind his back, Trump does not care about his future relationship with Hillary.

Actually, you just drew my attention to the MOEs; Yowza!

I'm sure it's due to the unpredictability of all this, especially with Trump often under-performing and Cruz over-performing in these type of states.

But the point was: Cruz feels threatened in Indiana, where the #StopTrump movement essentially comes to an end next week if Cruz can't pull-off a win! (IMO)

It seems to me the "Stop Trump" beating of the drum from the GOP establishment has even backed-off recently, with it coming now mainly from the candidates campaigns themselves. The GOP establishment may be becoming resigned to their fate.

They got the ball rolling with the candidate on side, they may as well, in fact better they do.

Back
Top Bottom