• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that he's

Re: Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that h

What??? There is no claim to back up. If he ordered the release of the documents - there are no other reasons outside of those tied to bias. It's foolish to have anyone tied to La Raza on the bench anywhere in America.

Indeed, there was and is. You claimed: "here was absolutely no reason for him to order their release before the trial other than to pollute the jury pool and throw political meat out there."

As of yet, you have yet to substantiate that claim, nor have you demonstrated any bias. Nor is being a member of a San Diego based lawyers organization evidence of anything nefarious.

Re: Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that h

The judge is not a Mexican, he is a Hoosier and American.
I would guess he wouldn't have the need to do so if Mexicans weren't beating the crap out of Trump supporters at his rallies. The fact they are is the most repugnant of all.

Of course, I hope they continue the display of violence, so the type of people Clinton and Sanders attract can be seen for what they are.

No, I'm not mistaken at all and called them the SDLRLA. "La Raza" is a common term and they are not a part of the La Raza that foolish people and suckers are led to believe they are by Trump and his bombast. I question why you lack the ability to discern between the two groups.

That article is rather blatantly dishonest, conflating the two groups, the SDLRLA and the National Council on La Raza, which is a fact that you seem to willfully ignore.

Sorry that simple reality frightens you and makes you reference credibility, when the source you cited has none.

Good luck with your magical thinking and denial of reality. You're going to need it.

LOL

Nice :spin:

And if there were such a thing as the KKK Lawyers Association, people shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

You have presented facts you have made up. Judge Curiel didn't refer to the LRLSD as "SDLRLA".

From Curiels own questionnaire

Curiel La Raza.jpg

You nuked your credibility. It's foolish to demand it be returned, when it was self inflicted.

Perhaps when you've had more experience on this site you won't make such simple errors in judgment.

LOL

Nice :spin:

And if there were such a thing as the KKK Lawyers Association, people shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

You have presented facts you have made up. Judge Curiel didn't refer to the LRLSD as "SDLRLA".

From Curiels own questionnaire

View attachment 67202195

You nuked your credibility. It's foolish to demand it be returned, when it was self inflicted.

Perhaps when you've had more experience on this site you won't make such simple errors in judgment.

You seem to be easily confused. I have made up no facts, and nothing I've cited has been refuted.

He's part of a local/municipal Hispanic attorneys association, and not part of what's commonly referred to as 'La Raza', which is either La Raza Unida or The National Council on La Raza, nor have you demonstrated that he is. Nor have you demonstrated an bias on his part or from his association with SDLRLA.

Sorry that facts seem to wound you. Given you rather delusional posts, I'm not interested in wasting time with you.

Again, good luck with your magical thinking.

Welcome to Planet Ignore. Population: you.

The judge is not a Mexican, he is a Hoosier and American.

I believe you missed the point. Clearly, the Judges affiliations and actions point towards his support of groups directly associated with issues of concern to people of Mexican decent, both in the US legally and illegally. Claiming his concerns had nothing to do with his affiliations makes sense when taken in the context of the volatile environment that has been invented to deal with him.

You seem to be easily confused. I have made up no facts, and nothing I've cited has been refuted.

He's part of a local/municipal Hispanic attorneys association, and not part of what's commonly referred to as 'La Raza', which is either La Raza Unida or The National Council on La Raza, nor have you demonstrated that he is. Nor have you demonstrated an bias on his part or from his association with SDLRLA.

Sorry that facts seem to wound you. Given you rather delusional posts, I'm not interested in wasting time with you.

Again, good luck with your magical thinking.

Welcome to Planet Ignore. Population: you.

I feel relieved.

Good luck.

:2wave:

Not defending trump but calling someone a mexican defines nationality. Not ethnicity or race. Many ethnicities in Mexico.

It is technically xenophobia, but in the US case it is also "race", since you define your citizens according to race.. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic... so...

Yeah, that's also why the words chink, beaner, wop, mick have no chance of getting anybody called a racist. Anyways, what did bringing up this judge's 'nationality' (he's an American btw) have to do with anything?

Well, the terms you give as an example are derogatory and are intended to be. Calling someone a mexican is the same as calling me an american. The point I was trying to make was to the OP saying trumps remarks were racist. Mexican isn't a race, neither is Latino or Hispanic. People who live in a constant state of being offended should invent a better term for people who dislike others. The term racist infers prejudice against another race, race is the root word of the term. Depending on which school you subscribe there are three to five races of people on the planet and mexican isn't one of them.
And you can answer your final question buy reading the first three words of my post you quoted as well as reading my posts that followed it. If that doesn't satisfy you, I think trump made the remarks in an attempt to detract from his court case by pointing out that the judge is a descendent of the country he wants to fence off and that the judge has an agenda because of that.

Well, the terms you give as an example are derogatory and are intended to be.

Derogatory? Racist slurs are derogatory too. Your understanding of these words is so bland that soon enough only the words nigger and cracker will seen as racist.

Indeed, there was and is. You claimed: "here was absolutely no reason for him to order their release before the trial other than to pollute the jury pool and throw political meat out there."

As of yet, you have yet to substantiate that claim, nor have you demonstrated any bias. Nor is being a member of a San Diego based lawyers organization evidence of anything nefarious.

Perhaps you can offer a legitimate reason why he would order the release of those documents before the trial that would counter my statement and show your claim that there is a legitimate reason.

And that last is laughable - is that "San Diego based lawyers organization" tied to La Raza, yes or no? If yes, it's indicates bias.

EDIT - strike that last question - you've already stuck your head in the sand in denial, refusing to acknowledge what is listed on his own CV.

Derogatory? Racist slurs are derogatory too. Your understanding of these words is so bland that soon enough only the words nigger and cracker will seen as racist.

Calling someone a mexican isn't racist nor is it a slur.

Calling someone a mexican isn't racist nor is it a slur.

Lol, again - you're trying to make his words so bland as to have zero meaning. However, we know that's not the case.

Perhaps you can offer a legitimate reason why he would order the release of those documents before the trial that would counter my statement and show your claim that there is a legitimate reason.

Surely. Anyone familiar with the case knows that it stems from the Washington Post's request back in April for the documents to be unsealed. Nothing nefarious about that whatsoever. Pity you shot off your mouth w/out knowing anything about the particulars. Acting on your emotions tends to end up that way.

Judge Orders Release of Documents in Trump University Lawsuit - WSJ

"Judge Curiel ordered the documents released by June 2. He was responding to an April request by the Washington Post for the records to be unsealed. Lawyers for Mr. Trump opposed making the documents public, arguing that the materials contained trade secrets."
And that last is laughable - is that "San Diego based lawyers organization" tied to La Raza, yes or no? If yes, it's indicates bias.

EDIT - strike that last question - you've already stuck your head in the sand in denial, refusing to acknowledge what is listed on his own CV.

Yawn. Nothing in his CV indicates any affiliation either of the two groups commonly referred as "La Raza" writ large, nor have you or can you demonstrate otherwise. The group on his CV is the same group I linked to.

What is it about reality that seems to frighten you so? You should try it sometime. You might come to like it.

Lol, again - you're trying to make his words so bland as to have zero meaning. However, we know that's not the case.

And you are using his words as a dog whistle to alert SJWs and the perpetually offended.

trump's comments lacked taste and class and reflect poorly on him, but it understandable as the man doesn't have much of a command of the English language nor does he have the ability to keep his mouth five seconds behind his brain. Unfortunate he wasn't more succinct in his delivery and called the judge a dirty beaner to satisfy you, or to say I want to build a wall with Mexico and this mexican judge doesn't like that idea, which would be inline with my perception of the statement.

Surely. Anyone familiar with the case knows that it stems from the Washington Post's request back in April for the documents to be unsealed. Nothing nefarious about that whatsoever. Pity you shot off your mouth w/out knowing anything about the particulars. Acting on your emotions tends to end up that way.

Judge Orders Release of Documents in Trump University Lawsuit - WSJ

"Judge Curiel ordered the documents released by June 2. He was responding to an April request by the Washington Post for the records to be unsealed. Lawyers for Mr. Trump opposed making the documents public, arguing that the materials contained trade secrets."

And again, there is no legitimate reason to honor that request by the Post. You have yet to provide a legitimate reason for their release, especially considering the damage they can do to a fair trial.

Yawn. Nothing in his CV indicates any affiliation either of the two groups commonly referred as "La Raza" writ large, nor have you or can you demonstrate otherwise. The group on his CV is the same group I linked to.

So, "La Raza Lawyers of San Diego" is not at all indicative of a connection to La Raza? Right. :roll:

What is it about reality that seems to frighten you so? You should try it sometime. You might come to like it.

The reality that some folks will say and do anything to hide their bias, that frightens me a bit. So no thanks, I'll leave that to you.

Last edited:

And you are using his words as a dog whistle to alert SJWs and the perpetually offended.

There is no dog whistle. He clearly brought attention to the person's 'nationality' (the judge is an American btw) in an effort to discredit them. This is no different than pointing to Irishness in order to attack the Irish. The only person who thinks this is a dog whistle does so because they have zero understanding of these slurs.

And again, there is no legitimate reason to honor that request by the Post. You have yet to provide a legitimate reason for their release, especially considering the damage they can do to a fair trial.

Again, since you're not familiar with the case, how on earth would you know?
So, "La Raza Lawyers of San Diego" is not at all indicative of a connection to La Raza? Right. :roll:

Please substantiate that it is. "La Raza" is a very common term. Here, let me help you:

The Name | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association
The reality that some folks will say and do anything to hide their bias, that frightens me a bit. So no thanks, I'll leave that to you.

You have demonstrated no bias on anyone's part but your own.

Good luck with your magical thinking. You'll need it.

I would guess he wouldn't have the need to do so if Mexicans weren't beating the crap out of Trump supporters at his rallies. The fact they are is the most repugnant of all.

Of course, I hope they continue the display of violence, so the type of people Clinton and Sanders attract can be seen for what they are.
That's a "chicken-and-egg" defense, and not a very good one.

There is no dog whistle. He clearly brought attention to the person's 'nationality' (the judge is an American btw) in an effort to discredit them. This is no different than pointing to Irishness in order to attack the Irish. The only person who thinks this is a dog whistle does so because they have zero understanding of these slurs.

I concur with your second sentence. Maybe you could school me on how being a mexican is discrediting. To me it means someone from Mexico. Trump called him a Mexican for a reason. The reason was to discredit the judges judgement. But the term alone cannot do that. Being mexican isn't pejorative or derogatory. Trump was using the judges nationality to claim victim status so he could cry foul.

And the judge is as American as Trump. Just sayin
I concur with your second sentence. Maybe you could school me on how being a mexican is discrediting. To me it means someone from Mexico. Trump called him a Mexican for a reason. The reason was to discredit the judges judgement. But the term alone cannot do that. Being mexican isn't pejorative or derogatory. Trump was using the judges nationality to claim victim status so he could cry foul.

I concur with your second sentence. Maybe you could school me on how being a mexican is discrediting. To me it means someone from Mexico. Trump called him a Mexican for a reason.

You're being obtuse. Trump's campaign has been adamant about portraying 'the people sent by Mexico' as murderers, rapists and scum. The association has already been made by this campaign. The point of pointing out the judge's 'nationality' (again, he's an American) is to tie him with other people sent by Mexico.

The reason was to discredit the judges judgement. But the term alone cannot do that. Being mexican isn't pejorative or derogatory. Trump was using the judges nationality to claim victim status so he could cry foul.

Your obtuseness is purposeful; not convincing.

Not defending trump but calling someone a mexican defines nationality. Not ethnicity or race. Many ethnicities in Mexico.

Most leftwingers either don't care or don't know. Calling you a racist and putting you on defense is the primary objective.

Most leftwingers either don't care or don't know. Calling you a racist and putting you on defense is the primary objective.

Lol, Democrats, blacks who vote for them, living in plantations. Continue to complain about your words.

Again, since you're not familiar with the case, how on earth would you know?

You claim familiarity with the case and thus should have no problem providing a legitimate reason. The request from the Post or any other news org is not a legitimate reason.

Please substantiate that it is. "La Raza" is a very common term. Here, let me help you:

The Name | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association

No it is not a common term. La Raza means what it means and your attempts to duck out of that are telling.

You have demonstrated no bias on anyone's part but your own.

Good luck with your magical thinking. You'll need it.

Indeed I have, and for your part you have failed to provide any other explanation, despite your claim to have knowledge of the matter.

That "magical thinking" bull****, I've heard that here before - what name did you used to post under?

Last edited:

Lol, Democrats, blacks who vote for them, living in plantations. Continue to complain about your words.

Incoherent babble, you can do better.

Back
Top Bottom