• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that he's

Re: Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that h

Plays to his base.
If true, then why did Trump feel the need to mention race at all?

Re: Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that h

Allow me to offer an apparent view in his trunk....

Trump University Judge Is Member Of La Raza | The Daily Caller

The article is from politically biased website, but the article contains links to qualify the claims.

IMO, under the circumstances, these connections should be enough for Judicial recusal.

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that he a member of the SDLRLA: San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association |

He's NOT a member of La Raza Unida or the the National Council of La Raza, which is what people who aren't familiar with the details seem to think.

His group espouses no racism that I know of, and doesn't constitute 'baggage' in even the most cosmetic sense.

It's the Trumpettes who are grasping at straws on this one.

The judge is one of "them." You know, the people we (great Americans that back Trump) need to take our country back from so we can make it great again. So thinly veiled it aint worth pretending.
What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that he a member of the SDLRLA: San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association |

He's NOT a member of La Raza Unida or the the National Council of La Raza, which is what people who aren't familiar with the details seem to think.

His group espouses no racism that I know of, and doesn't constitute 'baggage' in even the most cosmetic sense.

Plays to his base.
Exactly, which signals intent and foreknowledge that he knows, or should have a good idea by now, what will happen.

If this is the same judge that ordered the documents released before the trial he should be disbarred.

If true, then why did Trump feel the need to mention race at all?

I don't have all the details, but I believe Trump has called into question the fitness of the Judge based on his association with the La Raza Lawyers Association, and with groups providing scholarships to students who include illegal aliens. There also appears to be activities by the judge involving open borders groups.

Given these groups appear to be exclusively associated with promoting people of Mexican heritage, perhaps Trump sought to insure his concerns about the Judge were placed in proper context.

Then the judge is an American.

Of course he is. And for Trump to attack him for his heritage is the hallmark of racism and prejudice.

The judge is a Hoosier.
Of course he is. And for Trump to attack him for his heritage is the hallmark of racism and prejudice.

If this is the same judge that ordered the documents released before the trial he should be disbarred.

Really? What a quaint claim. On what basis?

It's well known that Mexicans can't have good judgment, or rule in a courtroom without bias. You know, because of their hot Hispanic blood, and, Winning, or Wall, or something.

Anywho, people who say that Trump judges people based on their looks or color or nationality are stupid! He just casually uses it to attack them, and retweets White Nationalists. :)

This man is the most dangerous candidate we have had for President since George Wallace ran in 1968? This is just one reason why. Trump is more than willing to play with the dynamite of racism not knowing where and when it will blow up and the extent of the damage it could wreak upon the nation. He is grossly irresponsible and unfit for the office.

I don't have all the details, but I believe Trump has called into question the fitness of the Judge based on his association with the La Raza Lawyers Association, and with groups providing scholarships to students who include illegal aliens. There also appears to be activities by the judge involving open borders groups.

Given these groups appear to be exclusively associated with promoting people of Mexican heritage, perhaps Trump sought to insure his concerns about the Judge were placed in proper context.
In a non-emotionally-charged environment, the judge's race/ethnicity was/is not a factor. If the judge is biased, that stands alone.

You may be absolutely correct in the judge's bias and motivation, but even if you are correct it does not excuse Trump blatantly and very clearly making sure everybody knows the judge is of Mexican heritage. (He was actually born in Ohio, IIRC.)

Not defending trump but calling someone a mexican defines nationality. Not ethnicity or race. Many ethnicities in Mexico.

Yeah, that's also why the words chink, beaner, wop, mick have no chance of getting anybody called a racist. Anyways, what did bringing up this judge's 'nationality' (he's an American btw) have to do with anything?

Really? What a quaint claim. On what basis?

Bias.

There was absolutely no reason for him to order their release before the trial other than to pollute the jury pool and throw political meat out there.

Bias.

There was absolutely no reason for him to order their release before the trial other than to pollute the jury pool and throw political meat out there.

LOL! Please substantiate your claim and demonstrate that is was done for that purpose.

Perfect bit of auto-edit in the thread title.

Trump's no racist, or so he says one minute and the very next minute he attacks someone based on their ethnicity (race)

I just dont know how the fudge he became the GOP nominee. What a black eye.

LOL! Please substantiate your claim and demonstrate that is was done for that purpose.

Try reading, I don't know if this jackhole is indeed the judge that ordered the release of the documents in the first place. But if he is, there is no reason for their release before the trial and good reason for them not to be released. There was no legitimate purpose for their release by the court.

This man is the most dangerous candidate we have had for President since George Wallace ran in 1968. This is just one reason why. Trump is more than willing to play with the dynamite of racism not knowing where and when it will blow up and the extent of the damage it could wreak upon the nation. He is grossly irresponsible and unfit for the office.

:( I have to concur.

It appears you are mistaken about the Judges affiliations. I question why you chose to be so.

Curiel lists “La Raza Lawyers of San Diego” as a legal association he has been a part of in the questionnaire. Curiel’s office at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California confirmed to TheDC the judge’s membership in the group.

Read more: Trump University Judge Is Member Of La Raza | The Daily Caller

There are a number of other citations with links in the article I posted that call into further question the fitness of Judge Curiel to preside over the Trump University case.

I question the credibility to anyone who choses to ignore these facts, and more importantly uses "Trumpettes" when describing anyone. Alas, you have no credibility, and your bias dismisses any reasonable review of your claims and opinions.

I just dont know how the fudge he became the GOP nominee.

One thing that comes to mind...

DJT Media.jpg

In a non-emotionally-charged environment, the judge's race/ethnicity was/is not a factor. If the judge is biased, that stands alone.

You may be absolutely correct in the judge's bias and motivation, but even if you are correct it does not excuse Trump blatantly and very clearly making sure everybody knows the judge is of Mexican heritage. (He was actually born in Ohio, IIRC.)

It would appear this case does not qualify for a non-emotionally-charged environment. Given the Judges rulings, his affiliations, and the extreme national attention the case is getting, a clumsy, yet perhaps appropriate declaration was called for.

It's rather clear there are a number of Mexicans who chose to beat up Trump supporters, riot, and violate freedom of speech and assembly rights of other people. Given their proclivity to cause physical harm, it seems to me to make sense to try and keep what appears to be legitimate concerns over the Judges neutrality in their proper context, while pointing out what appears to be clear conflicts of interest based on those the Judge has chosen to affiliate himself with.

Try reading, I don't know if this jackhole is indeed the judge that ordered the release of the documents in the first place. But if he is, there is no reason for their release before the trial and good reason for them not to be released. There was no legitimate purpose for their release by the court.

Ah, so you are unable to back up you claim and it's just breathless speculation on your part. Thanks for clearing that up.

It would appear this case does not qualify for a non-emotionally-charged environment. Given the Judges rulings, his affiliations, and the extreme national attention the case is getting, a clumsy, yet perhaps appropriate declaration was called for.

It's rather clear there are a number of Mexicans who chose to beat up Trump supporters, riot, and violate freedom of speech and assembly rights of other people. Given their proclivity to cause physical harm, it seems to me to make sense to try and keep what appears to be legitimate concerns over the Judges neutrality in their proper context, while pointing out what appears to be clear conflicts of interest based on those the Judge has chosen to affiliate himself with.
Agreed, it does not. Which makes Trump making clear the judge is Mexican (heritage) even more repugnant.

Ah, so you are unable to back up you claim and it's just breathless speculation on your part. Thanks for clearing that up.

What??? There is no claim to back up. If he ordered the release of the documents - there are no other reasons outside of those tied to bias. It's foolish to have anyone tied to La Raza on the bench anywhere in America.

It appears you are mistaken about the Judges affiliations. I question why you chose to be so.

Curiel lists “La Raza Lawyers of San Diego” as a legal association he has been a part of in the questionnaire. Curiel’s office at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California confirmed to TheDC the judge’s membership in the group.

Read more: Trump University Judge Is Member Of La Raza | The Daily Caller

No, I'm not mistaken at all and called them the SDLRLA. "La Raza" is a common term and they are not a part of the La Raza that foolish people and suckers are led to believe they are by Trump and his bombast. I question why you lack the ability to discern between the two groups.
There are a number of other citations with links in the article I posted that call into further question the fitness of Judge Curiel to preside over the Trump University case.

I question the credibility to anyone who choses to ignore these facts, and more importantly uses "Trumpettes" when describing anyone. Alas, you have no credibility, and your bias dismisses any reasonable review of your claims and opinions.

That article is rather blatantly dishonest, conflating the two groups, the SDLRLA and the National Council on La Raza, which is a fact that you seem to willfully ignore.

Sorry that simple reality frightens you and makes you reference credibility, when the source you cited has none.

Good luck with your magical thinking and denial of reality. You're going to need it.

Agreed, it does not. Which makes Trump making clear the judge is Mexican (heritage) even more repugnant.

I would guess he wouldn't have the need to do so if Mexicans weren't beating the crap out of Trump supporters at his rallies. The fact they are is the most repugnant of all.

Of course, I hope they continue the display of violence, so the type of people Clinton and Sanders attract can be seen for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom