• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that he's

Re: Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that h

it would be incorrectly if they didn't know it was the wrong group, they do know, so it is dishonest instead of mistaken. Big difference.

Uh, yes mak, I know they know it's a different group. I keep posting that. They keep ignoring it.

Re: Trump trashes judge overseeing Trump University fraud case, says it's fine that h

I'm sure there's a simple counter to this random comment I saw the other day, and so I thought I'd put it out there to see what the denizens of DP say....

What is substantially different between Trump's questioning that this Judge may not fairly and justly make decisions regarding justice with his legal issues and those who claim that "Old White Men" may not fairly and justly make decisions regarding justice for a minority such as an African American or woman?

I'm sure there's a simple counter to this random comment I saw the other day, and so I thought I'd put it out there to see what the denizens of DP say....

What is substantially different between Trump's questioning that this Judge may not fairly and justly make decisions regarding justice with his legal issues and those who claim that "Old White Men" may not fairly and justly make decisions regarding justice for a minority such as an African American or woman?
Fair question.

While I do not approve of Trump's tactics and comments, it has been noticed that many people are essentially flip-flopping their usual position to defend him.

I was wondering the same thing. So often we see negative stereotypes of cops, judges, etc. because they have white skin, and arguments that anyone but a white man should be considered for a given job, and when Trump decides that we should consider the ethnicity of a judge he is suddenly Hitler.

I don't agree with Trump, but I also don't agree with every other situation where people decide the suitability for a job, or deduce intent based on a person's skin color.

The reason this country is still stuck in the skin color divide is because the government still makes and enforces decisions based on skin color.

Fair question.

While I do not approve of Trump's tactics and comments, it has been noticed that many people are essentially flip-flopping their usual position to defend him.

I see it more as people flip flopping their position in order to attack him. Those attacking trump from the left have no problem doing what trump is doing so long as the judge in question is white.

if you really think some dumb crap like this will derail Trump you haven't realized how energized the right is.

The Right is split over Trump, and the only argument that seems to make any headway in winning people to him is the grudging notion that it's possible he is slightly less-awful than Hillary. That's not very "energized". Trump is going to keep saying stupid things, and - now that he is the nominee - the media is going to actually continue hammering him on it, driving that energy down for the rest of the cycle.

The left do NOT have the answers to solve our major problems.

They do have answers. They're just bad ones. In comparison, Trump hasn't even thought about the questions.

sure, they can make executive decisions on where sexually confused people can go to the bathroom;

:raises eyebrow: you are aware that Trump supports transgender bathrooms?

but as far as the economy? a total failure.

But not as bad as the failure that occurred the last time we tried implementing Trumps' idiotic Trade War idea.

as far as defeating our enemies? Obama(and hillary) won't even say the WORDS "islamic terrorist. another total failure

Saying words is good, but minor. Having a well-thought-out, consistent foreign policy with achievable goals tied to American interests is better. Trump doesn't even know who we are at war with, nor does he think it's important that he do so. Hell, he didn't even know what the nuclear triad - the most important decision a President can ever make - was.

in short, they are incompetent, and totally incapable of leading a nation that(until recently) dominated the globe.

Yup. Sadly, this cycle, so are the Republicans. Well Done, GOP Electorate. Well Done.

Joker.jpg

I see it more as people flip flopping their position in order to attack him. Those attacking trump from the left have no problem doing what trump is doing so long as the judge in question is white.
I can see that, too.

if you really think some dumb crap like this will derail Trump you haven't realized how energized the right is. The left do NOT have the answers to solve our major problems. sure, they can make executive decisions on where sexually confused people can go to the bathroom;
but as far as the economy? a total failure.
as far as defeating our enemies? Obama(and hillary) won't even say the WORDS "islamic terrorist. another total failure
they think climate change and Republicans are the biggest threat.

in short, they are incompetent, and totally incapable of leading a nation that(until recently) dominated the globe.

The right is "energized"? Wut?

You seem to forget that many of us on the right did NOT vote for Trump and will not vote for Trump in November. I've never voted for a Democrat to sit in the Oval Office and I don't plan to now. That is precisely why I won't vote for Trump. He's a Democrat masquerading as a Republican, feeding on and preying on people who are blaming Mexican and Muslims for all of your problems.

Yup.

Of course I was being facetious, but it was to make a point. A point that I'm sure is zooming right over the heads of the Trump lovers. If the great man says NOBODY can disavow their parents' ancestry and presumably anything else related to their parents, then that hypocritical asshole is married to a Communist and he wants to install a Communist in the White House with him.

I suspect one has to be a non-Trump lover to get this.

Even further, Trump's background is German; Drumph. Based on his comments, that no one can disavow ancestry, Trump is a Nazi.

So we have a Nazi married to a Communist running for president calling anyone different than he nasty names.

Fallows nailed it. Excellent article.

I did chuckle a little when he mentioned the name of the book he wrote decades ago.:mrgreen:

So, you can say Fallows wrote the book on "Making America Great Again"

****, even Trump's motto has been plagiarized. The guy's a complete fraud.

Even further, Trump's background is German; Drumph. Based on his comments, that no one can disavow ancestry, Trump is a Nazi.

So we have a Nazi married to a Communist running for president calling anyone different than he nasty names.
If Clinton is of Welsh decent, what does that make her? :2razz:

Me? It makes her what she is, an American woman.

I imagine Trump has some more entertaining epithets

It would make her a Gwrthddatgysylltiadaethan American. lol

Trumps parents were German.

So, according to the rational does that make Trump a Nazi.

Trump's ex wife also said he raped her, so that makes him a Mexican too.

Trump speaks plainly...and that's why a lot of people like him...but he doesn't always say things that really explains his position correctly. That only gives ammunition to those who are working against him, such as a whole lot of the mainstream media. But, the fact is he's absolutely correct that he won't get a fair trial from that judge and this has been pointed out by many in better terms than Trump used.

Here is one such person:

So...on one hand, Trump is correct to contend that the judge should recuse himself. On the other hand, Trump really needs to learn that condensing a course of reasoning down to a single sound bite doesn't do himself any favors.

I can't believe Fox News actually airs that ****.

Paul Ryan and other Republicans have condemned Trump's comments, and Fox is taking that road... it's no wonder the GOP is so divided.

I just watched that entire clip.

I feel pathologically more stupid.

Like under the influence of that clip, I might choke on Pringles.

And barf on infants.

THAT'S how stupid I feel.

What was that panel proposing... all African American juries for African-Americans, all white juries for white people, all Mexican juries for Mexicans, etc. :lol: and they moan about Obama being racially divisive. Justice is supposed to be blind. If the judge comes down too harshly on Trump, then he can take proper action and get a retrial.

I feel sorry for the judge. Trump supporters are calling into question this judges credentials, background, affiliations, etc. and questioning his legitimacy as a judge just because of his heritage. It's sick.

The Right is split over Trump, and the only argument that seems to make any headway in winning people to him is the grudging notion that it's possible he is slightly less-awful than Hillary. That's not very "energized". Trump is going to keep saying stupid things, and - now that he is the nominee - the media is going to actually continue hammering him on it, driving that energy down for the rest of the cycle.

They do have answers. They're just bad ones. In comparison, Trump hasn't even thought about the questions.

:raises eyebrow: you are aware that Trump supports transgender bathrooms?

But not as bad as the failure that occurred the last time we tried implementing Trumps' idiotic Trade War idea.

Saying words is good, but minor. Having a well-thought-out, consistent foreign policy with achievable goals tied to American interests is better. Trump doesn't even know who we are at war with, nor does he think it's important that he do so. Hell, he didn't even know what the nuclear triad - the most important decision a President can ever make - was.

Yup. Sadly, this cycle, so are the Republicans. Well Done, GOP Electorate. Well Done.

View attachment 67202423

Trump is a race baiter. He is like the posters who come here, and race bait without saying anything overtly racist but get accused of being stormfronters. Some of us can quickly recognize their tactics when we see it. They eventually can't help themselves and keep talking, and end up exposing themselves. Trump is going to keep talking and race baiting. Paul Ryan and others have already called his statements racist. The only people left to support him will eventually be prejudice, racists, apologists, and maybe people who just hate Hillary. I think his behavior is going to get worse.

The right is "energized"? Wut?

You seem to forget that many of us on the right did NOT vote for Trump and will not vote for Trump in November. I've never voted for a Democrat to sit in the Oval Office and I don't plan to now. That is precisely why I won't vote for Trump. He's a Democrat masquerading as a Republican, feeding on and preying on people who are blaming Mexican and Muslims for all of your problems.

Liberals blame Mexicans and Muslims?

I can't believe Fox News actually airs that ****.

Paul Ryan and other Republicans have condemned Trump's comments, and Fox is taking that road... it's no wonder the GOP is so divided.

Ryan and other Republicans had to condemn Trump. The contrived media brouhaha demanded that reaction from them since they really don't like Trump and since they'd actually rather see Hillary win and the status quo continue than seeing their world shook up. And this was an opportunity to slam Trump themselves while avoiding outright displeasure of that big group from their Party who like Trump.

But the GOP is so divided because Ryan and the other GOP Elites care more about their established power and agenda than about standing up to the media for what's right and when Trump put them in that position, due to his ill-advised comment, they had no other choice.

Last edited:

What was that panel proposing... all African American juries for African-Americans, all white juries for white people, all Mexican juries for Mexicans, etc. :lol: and they moan about Obama being racially divisive. Justice is supposed to be blind. If the judge comes down too harshly on Trump, then he can take proper action and get a retrial.

I feel sorry for the judge. Trump supporters are calling into question this judges credentials, background, affiliations, etc. and questioning his legitimacy as a judge just because of his heritage. It's sick.

That panel wasn't proposing anything. Crowley was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.

And yes, justice IS supposed to be blind and yes, a judge's credentials, background, affiliation, etc, can...and in this case, does...call into question his ability to judge this case fairly.

What exactly does the judge's heritage have to do with a fraud case against a for-profit university?
Wut? Who said it had anything to do specifically with the Fraud case? Any rational thinking person knows the claim go to a personal bias against Trump.

Just because Trump is racially biased, doesn't mean the judge is.
Irrational reply, as Trump has shown no racism or being racial biased. Unless you consider hiring other races than whites as being racially biased.

Trump was trying to make a case about the judge to take the media attention off of his racketeering and fraud cases.
iLOL No.
He brought it up to show that the case against him was weak and that it should have been dismissed. But wasn't.

Unfortunately for him, every judge, lawyer and legal scholar in the country saw what he was trying to do.

When the **** finally hit the fan....only one lowly conservative lawyer publically commented in his defense...and then he back peddled.
Thank you for showing you do not know what you are talking about.

Trump had to go back to 1984 to find that La Raza Legal Association had changed it's name to Hispanic National Bar Association. But that didn't stop him from calling it La Raza hoping his mostly middle aged, white, male base would take the bait. And boy, did they ever....look at you.
Thank you again for showing you do not know what you are talking about.

The judge has been presiding over Trumps case since what..2010(?)....and now Trump is concerned that the judge can't be impartial because of his heritage? Sorry, but that pig just ain't gonna fly.
Thank you again for showing you do not know what you are talking about.
He was assigned the case in Jan of 2013. Rulings are recent.

Btw....Gonzales is backpedaling now...

"...The call for a recusal of a judge [highlight]based solely on ethnicity[/highlight] in my judgment is wrong, and to do it, publicly, in my view, demeans the judge, and really does hurt the reputation of the judiciary and I just think it was inappropriate “

Alberto Gonzalez Now Backing Off Support of Trump’s Judge Attack | LawNewz
Thank you for showing you do not know what you are talking about, again.
1. Attorney General Gonzalez did not back peddle. He clarified.

2. You left out an important portions of what he said.
Here is one example.
"If there are any questions related to that impartiality, even the appearance of impropriety is enough to cause a judge to recuse himself…."

Here is the full interview where you can hear the other portions you didn't include.

Gonzales is of the same opinion that it is right to question when the appearance is there.
Though he does not like the way Trump went about it.
I am sure if he sat down with Trump and asked him what he meant he would see that Trump was not questioning on his ethnicity alone.
Which really is a stupid position for anyone to take since it was based on the Judges odd decisions. Which shows ethnicity isn't the only factor. And positions supported because of that ethnicity are also other factors which is not based on ethnicity alone.
The highlighted portion makes that distinction.
Trump did not question solely based on ethnicity.

Back
Top Bottom