• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump trashed/mocked Christians/Evangelicals

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump made condescending remarks on evangelicals after meeting: Cohen - Business Insider

"According to the excerpt, Cohen says Trump remarked after the meeting: "Can you believe people believe that bulls---?"

We tried to warn you guys. Not our fault now.

trump-praying-oval-gty-jt-191212_hpMain_2_16x9_992.jpg

That's one thing Trump said that ever made any sense. But regardless, glad he's being called out on his hypocrisy. His cult won't believe it, they are too brainwashed.

But regardless, glad he's being called out on his hypocrisy. His cult won't believe it, they are too brainwashed.

the most fake Christians won't believe that Trump isn't a Christian (an astonishing thing all by itself for such a vile President) and will continue to...

LM7D.gif

the most fake Christians won't believe that Trump isn't a Christian (an astonishing thing all by itself for such a vile President) and will continue to...

I’ll be expecting royalty checks.........:mrgreen:

What?!?! Trump mocked and trashed people in private that he otherwise spoke well of when needing their support... FFS, say it isn’t so!!!

I have grave doubts that Trump is a Bible believing Christian but so what? He isn't a lunatic leftwinger who hates the country and thinks arson equals social protest and that is all that matters. George Bush is probably much more of a personal Christian than Trump and he got us Iraq. Policy is what matters.

I have grave doubts that Trump is a Bible believing Christian but so what? He isn't a lunatic leftwinger who hates the country and thinks arson equals social protest and that is all that matters. George Bush is probably much more of a personal Christian than Trump and he got us Iraq. Policy is what matters.

Donald Trump is a lunatic period.

I guess that means you won't be voting for him.

Phonies. Every one of them. Including the one sitting down.

Yeah-- but see that is why it doesn't really matter. Those guys standing up know they will receive no support from the Democrats in pushing for what they believe. So they might as well throw in with Trump who talks the talk (sometimes) and has walked the walk (sometimes). The personal peccadillos of Trump are unfortunate, but no matter who they support, that person will be mocked anyways.
You'd think there would be a great opportunity for Democrats to move Right on social issues-- to offer up a choice between a personally flawed candidate and someone who has otherwise a fairly stable and compelling personal story. But the Dems won't. So there you go.

Every time I hear Trump talk about the sanctity of life, I know he is full of crap. Any reasonable person could look at a man like Trump and believe that he has paid for many many abortions.

Donald Trump is a lunatic period.

I guess that means you won't be voting for him.

I'm voting against rioting, arson, looting and those who make excuses for it. And that's just the tip of the iceberg about why nobody should vote for them.

Yeah-- but see that is why it doesn't really matter. Those guys standing up know they will receive no support from the Democrats in pushing for what they believe. So they might as well throw in with Trump who talks the talk (sometimes) and has walked the walk (sometimes). The personal peccadillos of Trump are unfortunate, but no matter who they support, that person will be mocked anyways.
You'd think there would be a great opportunity for Democrats to move Right on social issues-- to offer up a choice between a personally flawed candidate and someone who has otherwise a fairly stable and compelling personal story. But the Dems won't. So there you go.

No one should be promoting one religion over another. That's the whole point of the democratic platform.

Barry Goldwater called this 50 years ago. And he was spot on.

Every time I hear Trump talk about the sanctity of life, I know he is full of crap. Any reasonable person could look at a man like Trump and believe that he has paid for many many abortions.

My guess is that Trump has business expensed at least a dozen abortions.

I'm voting against rioting, arson, looting and those who make excuses for it. And that's just the tip of the iceberg about why nobody should vote for them.

No. You're voting for a lunatic who runs the country like a mafia boss.

And we all know why.

No one should be promoting one religion over another. That's the whole point of the democratic platform.

Barry Goldwater called this 50 years ago. And he was spot on.

Nobody is saying the government should promote one religion over another.

No. You're voting for a lunatic who runs the country like a mafia boss.

And we all know why.

He runs the country like a guy who cares about it, unlike the left who want to tear it up root and branch. Only a small minority want that and that is why they will lose, all the vote fraud they'll try notwithstanding.

So what if he has? Does that make it more or less likely you will vote for him?

the real question is does it make it more or less likely that evangelicals/Christians vote for him.

i already know he's a con man. i'm voting to kick his mafia like corruption out of DC.

He runs the country like a guy who cares about it

Holy Mother of God

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

Evangelicals certainly are.

Not entirely true, but it doesn't matter.

Evangelicals are backing Trump because they know it doesn't matter WHO they back, you folks will still slam that candidate as being personally unfit.
So they might as well back the candidate with personal flaws who will otherwise advocate for that they believe, than back a candidate who is more personally sound, but will advocate the opposite in what they believe.

Back
Top Bottom