• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump touted a contest for small-dollar donors to dine with him in New Orleans. But no winner met him.

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

Former president Donald Trump’s political group sent at least 15 emails in recent weeks offering small-dollar donors the chance to win a coveted prize if they gave money: dinner with Trump in New Orleans last Saturday. “We booked you a plane ticket,” one of the pitches said, complete with a photo of Trump superimposed in the French Quarter, beneath the dangling trademark ferns. “Contribute ANY AMOUNT RIGHT NOW to be automatically entered to have dinner with President Trump in New Orleans.”
Another pitch promised a full suite of perks. “We’ll cover your flight. We’ll cover your very nice hotel. We’ll cover your dinner,” the email promised, along with a picture with Trump. “All you have to do is enter.

A third pitch said: “He REALLY wants to meet you, Friend, which is why he’s holding (1) spot on the entry list for YOU only.” Some of the emails came from an account labeled “Dinner with Trump” that was set up by the former president’s leadership PAC, Save America.
But no such winner was flown to New Orleans last weekend, according to four people familiar with the matter. No flight or “very nice” hotel was booked. Trump had no individual meeting with a small-dollar donor, instead only privately greeting a handful of Republican Party donors who gave large checks, taking pictures with some of the party’s most well-heeled members and speaking to a larger group of donors who each gave tens of thousands of dollars.

Legal experts and former prosecutors said the question is whether the author of the fundraising solicitations knew there would never be a dinner with Trump. If so, the solicitations could be legally questionable, said Peter R. Zeidenberg, a former federal prosecutor in D.C. and now a partner at ArentFox Schiff. “If, on the other hand, they had planned a dinner but it fell through, then that’s definitely not a crime.”

Grifters gonna do what grifters do..

Hint, in case you haven't been paying attention in the past decade, when the WaPo says their reporting is according to "people familiar with the matter," it literally means they are just making shit up.
So, reveal who the winner was and show us proof

So, reveal who the winner was and show us proof
Sorry, I don't give a flying ****. I don't share in your unhealthy obsession with the man

Hint, in case you haven't been paying attention in the past decade, when the WaPo says their reporting is according to "people familiar with the matter," it literally means they are just making shit up.
The other outlets reporting this summarized the same thing. The guy is a Carny grifter, and really that's not even news.

A Trump Spokesperson has already admitted to this fact and it is in the article. You make yourself look silly when you do anything and everything to defend this man.

A Trump Spokesperson has already admitted to this fact and it is in the article. You make yourself look silly when you do anything and everything to defend this man.
I can live with the fact that TDSers think I look silly becasue I don't share their unhealthy obsession with this man

You would think his supporters would learn what a scammer he and hix superpacs are. Have they returned the recurring money to his supporters that they said was a mistake .... or the money Bannon stole for the "wall"

tinfoil.gif

“President Trump has awarded more than 100 prizes to contest winners across America, but due to an administrative error in this individual circumstance, the contest winner was not properly notified for last weekend’s event in New Orleans,” Taylor Budowich told the Post. “Consistent with the rules of the sweepstakes, a substitute prize will be awarded to the winner.”

Must be a day that ends in y. More truly stupid Trump bitching.
We know the Post has a very unhealthy relationship with president Trump.
They started after him close to the day he announced he was running in for president the 1st time.

1647278112007.png

I can live with the fact that TDSers think I look silly becasue I don't share their unhealthy obsession with this man
Well see, people tend to get interested when the person elected to lead their nation is revealed to be a thief, a fraudster, a racist and pathological liar. Naturally you'll shrug-off the aforementioned as inconsequential or 'fake news'. Evidence, however, will be provided on request.

Must be a day that ends in y. More truly stupid Trump bitching.
We know the Post has a very unhealthy relationship with president Trump.
They started after him close to the day he announced he was running in for president the 1st time.

View attachment 67380052
Trump isn't president any longer. In fact he never really was; he just did a laughably poor impression of one, and you mugs fell for it :ROFLMAO:

Well see, people tend to get interested when the person elected to lead their nation is revealed to be a thief, a fraudster, a racist and pathological liar. Naturally you'll shrug-off the aforementioned as inconsequential or 'fake news'. Evidence, however, will be provided on request.
Nah, didn't even slow you down pulling the lever for the corrupt demented simp you put in the White House.

Back
Top Bottom