• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump told Turkey's Erdogan in Dec. 14 call about Syria, 'it's all yours. We are done'

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Trump told Turkey's Erdogan in Dec. 14 call about Syria, 'it's all yours. We are done'

By Jeremy Diamond and Elise Labott, CNN

Updated 3:50 AM ET, Mon December 24, 2018

"I just had a long and productive call with President @RT_Erdogan of Turkey. We discussed ISIS, our mutual involvement in Syria, & the slow & highly coordinated pullout of U.S. troops from the area. After many years they are coming home. We also discussed heavily expanded Trade," Trump tweeted.

Wow, great job... idiot...

By Jeremy Diamond and Elise Labott, CNN

Updated 3:50 AM ET, Mon December 24, 2018

Wow, great job... idiot...

Sounds good to me. Let Turkey, Syria and the Russians spend their money and their lives dealing with ISIS.

In the meantime, Trump is protecting the Kurds by getting Saudi Arabia and the UAE to send their military to protect the Kurds in Syria and he's sending massive amounts of armament to the Kurds in Iraq. (while he's bringing OUR boys home)

Last edited:
In the meantime, Trump is protecting the Kurds by getting Saudi Arabia and the UAE to send their military to protect the Kurds in Syria and he's sending massive amounts of armament to the Kurds in Iraq. (while he's bringing OUR boys home)

Yeah, cause if the Saudis can't beat a bunch of goat herders and farmers in Yemen without causing a massive humanitarian crisis I'm sure they'll do fantastic protecting the Kurds. They might as well just hand out cardboard cut outs of American soldiers, they'd probably do more good.

Sounds good to me. Let Turkey, Syria and the Russians spend their money and their lives dealing with ISIS.

So do you believe the Saudis and UAE will protect the Kurds against Turkey?

Yeah, cause if the Saudis can't beat a bunch of goat herders and farmers in Yemen without causing a massive humanitarian crisis I'm sure they'll do fantastic protecting the Kurds. They might as well just hand out cardboard cut outs of American soldiers, they'd probably do more good.

Good post; the Saudi military is stretched a bit thin at the moment: ‘press 1 for service, 2 for parts, 3 for sales; all calls are very important to us........’

The Democratic Party - the party of war and death - is hysterical at the thought of us not being perpetually in war everywhere forever. Perpetual war. Perpetual Cold War. That is what the super rich want and that's who the Democratic Party works for.

Decisions aren't being thought-out, just random actions. This is from Financial Times.

DvMGAZNUcAAyyj9.jpg

Good post; the Saudi military is stretched a bit thin at the moment: ‘press 1 for service, 2 for parts, 3 for sales; all calls are very important to us........’

Not to mention they threatened terrorist attacks against Canada, have threatened other Western allies, and the buffoon-in-chief;s supporters actually believe they'll protect a minority group against yet another muslim regime that is on their spectrum of crazy. Yeaaaaaaa no...

Decisions aren't being thought-out, just random actions. This is from Financial Times.

DvMGAZNUcAAyyj9.jpg

Just because people have no idea why Trump is doing things, doesn't mean Trump has no idea why he's doing things.

The Democratic Party - the party of war and death - is hysterical at the thought of us not being perpetually in war everywhere forever. Perpetual war. Perpetual Cold War. That is what the super rich want and that's who the Democratic Party works for.

It's not just the Dems. There are plenty of Reps who want perpetual war.

It's about money and power. The Congressional Elites want it...and the global multinationals have it because of war.

Snark looks worse on you than it does on Maddow...and it looks pretty damned bad on her.

You are dismissed.

It's about money and power. The Congressional Elites want it...and the global multinationals have it because of war.

I laugh with glee when the elite have to deal with Trump's rampant stupidity and insanity.

I do not when it is average people...

Just because people have no idea why Trump is doing things, doesn't mean Trump has no idea why he's doing things.
Thinking that Individual-1 is some kind of stable genius that sees reality 12 moves ahead of everyone else falls into the wishful thinking category. If that were the case, he wouldn't have a revolving-door of senior staff all professing that the guy is a ****ing moron.

As another piece of that articles says, "Normally, US presidents stand at the end of a long chain of people preparing them to make decisions. Presidents get scenarios, consequences, precedents, and so even though they often make bad decisions, we seldom see them make disorienting, head-scratchingly weird decisions. On a football pitch, we might see a wing make a hopeless cross into traffic. That's a bad decision. But we never see a wing, say, pick the ball up off the field and shower it with glitter. That's a weird decision. It's not how anyone does football.

Good process limits a president to actions that are possible and plausibly legal, with at least guesses on consequences, plans to carry them out and a gut check that we're not all throwing glitter on a football. Which brings us to this announcement from the US Treasury Department:

DvIgvNUWsAA6TiM.jpg
"

Thinking that Individual-1 is some kind of stable genius that sees reality 12 moves ahead of everyone else falls into the wishful thinking category. If that were the case, he wouldn't have a revolving-door of senior staff all professing that the guy is a ****ing moron.

As another piece of that articles says, "Normally, US presidents stand at the end of a long chain of people preparing them to make decisions. Presidents get scenarios, consequences, precedents, and so even though they often make bad decisions, we seldom see them make disorienting, head-scratchingly weird decisions. On a football pitch, we might see a wing make a hopeless cross into traffic. That's a bad decision. But we never see a wing, say, pick the ball up off the field and shower it with glitter. That's a weird decision. It's not how anyone does football.

Good process limits a president to actions that are possible and plausibly legal, with at least guesses on consequences, plans to carry them out and a gut check that we're not all throwing glitter on a football. Which brings us to this announcement from the US Treasury Department:

DvIgvNUWsAA6TiM.jpg
"
the financial houses are prolly being told to freeze the actions of people who’ve bought stock on margin.

They've been doing that since November.

No, they've been stationed with US troops since then so they have not been protecting anyone. They were sent to support US troops. What makes you think they will stay once the US pulls out? I've seen nothing about them since Trump announced he was pulling out.

DvIgvNUWsAA6TiM.jpg
"

Oh...need to throw more **** against the wall, eh? Sorry, it still doesn't mean the ****-slingers know what Trump is doing.

You know...you should probably spend more time actually LOOKING at what Trump is doing.

No, they've been stationed with US troops since then so they have not been protecting anyone. They were sent to support US troops. What makes you think they will stay once the US pulls out? I've seen nothing about them since Trump announced he was pulling out.

I know I've posted this before. If not in this thread, then in others. Maybe you didn't see it. You should read it. (don't worry, it's short and to the point)

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20181122-saudi-arabia-uae-send-troops-to-support-kurds-in-syria/

Seriously? He went to the pacific and lead P-38 squadrons.

That was later. Before that he led the isolationist America First Movement to keep us out of WW2.

Tell you what...give me the name changes you would make and I'll consider your contention.

As the source I provided clearly demonstrates, Lindbergh spoke against our involvement in Europe in 40 and 41 when they were at war helping to create an environment which helped to postpone the American entrance into that conflict..

Back
Top Bottom