• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

vash1012

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing."

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/...p-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Sorry, but what grandstanding has Comey done on Russia? These guys are nuts. Grandstanding about Clinton's emails, sure, that's fair, but that's an entirely different investigation. Comey hasn't said much publicly on Russia outside of a congressional hearing where he said "I can't comment on that" more than anything else.

I note that Spicer did not dispute the story or the summary of the events and quotes.

Trump is a stinky of piece of crap as has ever soiled that office. He obviously is far far more comfortable with the Russians - our number one adversary since the end of WW2 - than many of his fellow Americans - especially if they don't kiss his bloated posterior.

He needs to be removed ASAP before he hurts this nation and its fine people beyond what he has already done.

Jesus, we started the same thread at literally the same time. Mine's better, though.

Duplicate thread and I lost the thread battle. Moderators delete please

Back
Top Bottom