• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to Woodward: "I have built a nuclear weapons system"

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
But I have built a nucle- a weap- I have built a weapons system- weapons system, that nobody’s ever had in this country before. We have stuff that you haven’t even seen or heard about. We have stuff that Putin and Xi have never heard about before. There’s nobody. What we have is incredible.

This is the one that really scares me. Woodward's revelations about Coronavirus are bad enough but Trump letting out that America has a new weapons system that even Putin doesn't know about????????:shock: Can you imagine Trump in conversation with Putin in one of their frequent private conversations over the phone and Putin saying to Trump,"What's this new weapon system I hear about? Tell me or I'll reveal to the American people all the dirt I have on you." :shock:

IS this going to ignite a whole new arms race or am I just getting too easily alarmed?:doh

Trump says he built a secret nuclear weapon. Here's what it probably is - Task & Purpose

yea, tRump built it

recall when he would not say what his strategy was in war zones, not wanting to give up any edge to our opponent

what happened? now he's telling a journalist about an undisclosed weapons development

quisling

But I have built a nucle- a weap- I have built a weapons system- weapons system, that nobody’s ever had in this country before. We have stuff that you haven’t even seen or heard about. We have stuff that Putin and Xi have never heard about before. There’s nobody. What we have is incredible.

This is the one that really scares me. Woodward's revelations about Coronavirus are bad enough but Trump letting out that America has a new weapons system that even Putin doesn't know about????????:shock: Can you imagine Trump in conversation with Putin in one of their frequent private conversations over the phone and Putin saying to Trump,"What's this new weapon system I hear about? Tell me or I'll reveal to the American people all the dirt I have on you." :shock:

IS this going to ignite a whole new arms race or am I just getting too easily alarmed?:doh

Trump says he built a secret nuclear weapon. Here's what it probably is - Task & Purpose

The good news is he's probably making that up as well.

Highly plausible. A few months after their private meeting at the G20 summit...Russia was testing a new missile.

I saw a TikTok video of a duck taking a **** on another duck today. Casually yet explosively.

In which way is that duck different from Donald Trump?

This is nothing new.

Since the massive spending increase for the military started in 2017/2018, one of the goals listed by the military was to upgrade our aging nukes and introduce new nuclear weapons systems.

Knowing Russia and China history though (especially intelligence), both countries have very likely been updated on our nuclear weapon upgrades as well as any new systems that may either be in progress or already deployed - as the program(s) went along.

Think back to the early 1940s and the Manhattan Project that developed nuclear weapons. The USSR (primarily Russia) had actual agents (scientists) planted inside the deepest and most secret areas of the project. These agents were somehow able to smuggle out complete design blueprints on how to manufacture both the U-235 and plutonium versions of the nuclear weapons.

The massive espionage that occurred at Los Alamos, NM, is the reason that the USSR was able to successfully detonate a nuclear bomb on 29 August 1949, at least ~10 years before the Manhattan Project scientists collectively thought that they would be ready to do so.

The USA did all of the work and the USSR/Russians copied everything - just like Russia and China still do today.

I don't think that either country has had an original thought in hundreds of years! They both just steal our technology.

This is the reason, depending on your job and employer, that you contact the FBI if you are ever approached by a foreign agent.

Trump is talking sh*t, as usual. And there is no way Putin wouldn't know because Trumpy would just have told him, or just leaked it on Twitter if it was true, so no. He's just talking sh*t again.

The massive espionage that occurred at Los Alamos, NM, is the reason that the USSR was able to successfully detonate a nuclear bomb on 29 August 1949, at least ~10 years before the Manhattan Project scientists collectively thought that they would be ready to do so.

I have never understood why you would hire people for sensitive projects in the first place. And they are still doing that today. I guess there is a thin line between discrimination and national security in this sense. However, discrimination was definitely not a concern in the 40's. As a matter of fact, all Japanese people were locked in camps for the duration of the war if I am not mistaken. But why hire scientists from Russia for this. Do they actually think that scientists are nice people and can never be spies? That these people do not love their country? That these people are not willing to do something like this. Now the Soviet Union at the time were allies, I know. But they were not exactly friends either.

And to make it more complicated (in terms of dealing with this issue I mean) there is a lot of people today that have citizenship but do originate from Russia or China (to give an example..). Personally I think that these people should also not be hired for jobs where information can be obtained that could ultimately be used against you at a later stage. Now this would not be a nice thing to do. But better safe than sorry is my motto in this regard.

And now I am gonna get a load of complaints I think. Sorry, no intention to offend anyone. I just think that you should not compromise national security with such obvious moves that can be so easily avoided. Don't bother doing a background investigation. For this you only hire your own people, or at least you hire people from countries that are real friends. And I do not mean The Trumpets friends.

Joey

I have never understood why you would hire people for sensitive projects in the first place. And they are still doing that today. I guess there is a thin line between discrimination and national security in this sense. However, discrimination was definitely not a concern in the 40's. As a matter of fact, all Japanese people were locked in camps for the duration of the war if I am not mistaken. But why hire scientists from Russia for this. Do they actually think that scientists are nice people and can never be spies? That these people do not love their country? That these people are not willing to do something like this. Now the Soviet Union at the time were allies, I know. But they were not exactly friends either.

And to make it more complicated (in terms of dealing with this issue I mean) there is a lot of people today that have citizenship but do originate from Russia or China (to give an example..). Personally I think that these people should also not be hired for jobs where information can be obtained that could ultimately be used against you at a later stage. Now this would not be a nice thing to do. But better safe than sorry is my motto in this regard.

And now I am gonna get a load of complaints I think. Sorry, no intention to offend anyone. I just think that you should not compromise national security with such obvious moves that can be so easily avoided. Don't bother doing a background investigation. For this you only hire your own people, or at least you hire people from countries that are real friends. And I do not mean The Trumpets friends.

Joey

News flash: The Soviet spies during the Manhattan Project weren't Russian. Only George Koval were of Belorussian descent. The spies were people like Theodore Hall, David Greenglass, Karl Fuchs, Hartry Gold, Morris Cohen, the Rosenbergs, Arthur Adams. People of British, American or German origin.

The bad news is that it won't stop another nuclear arms race from ensuing. Smooth Donald real smooth you IDIOT

News flash: The Soviet spies during the Manhattan Project weren't Russian. Only George Koval were of Belorussian descent. The spies were people like Theodore Hall, David Greenglass, Karl Fuchs, Hartry Gold, Morris Cohen, the Rosenbergs, Arthur Adams. People of British, American or German origin.

Hey Juloto, Thanks for that info. I did not know that indeed. You do mention the Germans though. Many Germans that left Nazi Germany were actually leaning towards communism during the days. So hiring them was probably not the smartest thing to do. But like you said, it was also Brits and Americans so this would not have avoided it.

What always surprised me though is that I got the impression that the scientists working on the Manhattan project were kinda locked inside the facilities for the duration of the project, yet all the information still got out. So I guess I was wrong here too since the information obviously did get out.

Joey

Trump is talking sh*t, as usual. And there is no way Putin wouldn't know because Trumpy would just have told him, or just leaked it on Twitter if it was true, so no. He's just talking sh*t again.

While the news came out the news outlets desperately tried to get as much confirmed as they could. Several officials have indicated that it is true what The Trumpet said. They also expressed surprise about The Trumpet revealing this information. But nobody revealed any more information than just confirming it is true. Now about 50% of the people know that The Trumpet is talking nonsense most of the time, but I think there is probably some truth in it. One thing is for sure; If true, The Trumpet will claim credit for this. But if America has indeed developed such a weapon, than surely the development for this was initiated under either Obama or Bush, because the development time for such high tech projects surely is a little more than 3 years...

Joey

I saw a TikTok video of a duck taking a **** on another duck today. Casually yet explosively.

In which way is that duck different from Donald Trump?

It is different in that the Trumpet only on a good day resembles a duck, whereas a duck is always a duck.

Joey

Hey Juloto, Thanks for that info. I did not know that indeed. You do mention the Germans though. Many Germans that left Nazi Germany were actually leaning towards communism during the days. So hiring them was probably not the smartest thing to do. But like you said, it was also Brits and Americans so this would not have avoided it.

What always surprised me though is that I got the impression that the scientists working on the Manhattan project were kinda locked inside the facilities for the duration of the project, yet all the information still got out. So I guess I was wrong here too since the information obviously did get out.

Joey

Only Karl Fuchs was of German origin but he is very mentionable since he is a famous case. He was a German communist and a very brilliant theoretical physicist and hired to be part of several secret projects during World War 2, first for Britain (because he fled there when the Nazis took over in Germany), but later also in Canada and of course in the US where he worked in Los Alamos doing theoretical calculations for nuclear weapons, calculations that were all used for the completion of nuclear bombs. He also at this time leaked everything to the USSR. After the war he returned to Britain to work for Britain's top secret nuclear research program and was caught as a spy by British intelligence in 1950. Then he served a 9 year prison term in Britain for espionage, and after that he moved to the GDR where he became a researcher at their Academy of Science.

Joey

You are right - all Japanese were locked up in camps.

Sometime in the 1980s or 1990s (??) the US Government paid each LIVING Japanese internee (that were placed in the camps) $10,000 each.

We did not hire Russian scientists. They were all either American or British, I believe.

They were betraying their countries via acts of treason.

Their rationale was that it was not good for only one country on earth to possess such a powerful weapon.

We do not hire Chine people to work in our defense plants either. They are all Americans committing treason against the US.

If they are caught - usually life in prison, but some do get death.

Yep, almost certainly untrue. After Detective Trump solved the Biden Ukraine case and the Doctor Trump cured Covid, it’s unlikely Nuclear Scientist Trump has time to “build a weapons system- weapons system, that nobody’s ever had in this country before.” The guy is delusional and mentally ill.

Sometime in the 1980s or 1990s (??) the US Government paid each LIVING Japanese internee (that were placed in the camps) $10,000 each.

We did not hire Russian scientists. They were all either American or British, I believe.

Their rationale was that it was not good for only one country on earth to possess such a powerful weapon.

We do not hire Chine people to work in our defense plants either. They are all Americans committing treason against the US.

Hi JC,

Did they actually catch them and lock them up, or had they fled by that time?

And the other thing you said would be a very interesting debate all by itself though. Should America be or not be the only country to have nuclear weapons. I kinda get where they are coming from. There was always this claim that when both sides have these weapons, than peace will remain because people are afraid of using the bombs. However, we do now have the situation where it is possible to get a nuclear war. whereas if the US was the only country that had these weapons, the mere thread of using them could potentially have avoided many wars since 1945. Anyway, no point opening a thread regarding something that happened in 1943-1945, and this is not what this thread is about.

Joey

Hi JC,

Did they actually catch them and lock them up, or had they fled by that time?

And the other thing you said would be a very interesting debate all by itself though. Should America be or not be the only country to have nuclear weapons. I kinda get where they are coming from. There was always this claim that when both sides have these weapons, than peace will remain because people are afraid of using the bombs. However, we do now have the situation where it is possible to get a nuclear war. whereas if the US was the only country that had these weapons, the mere thread of using them could potentially have avoided many wars since 1945. Anyway, no point opening a thread regarding something that happened in 1943-1945, and this is not what this thread is about.

Joey

Hi Joey...

The Japanese - As far as I know, the FBI and military went door-to-door and arrested the families and told them to pack up immediately. Then they were taken to camps, mostly in the mid-west.

Internment of Japanese Americans - Wikipedia

As far as the nukes are concerned, this is what the spies were after - MAD

Mutual assured destruction - Wikipedia

John

THe Bone Spur Bomb...or BS Bomb, for short.

Hi Joey...

The Japanese - As far as I know, the FBI and military went door-to-door and arrested the families and told them to pack up immediately. Then they were taken to camps, mostly in the mid-west.

Internment of Japanese Americans - Wikipedia

As far as the nukes are concerned, this is what the spies were after - MAD

Mutual assured destruction - Wikipedia

John

Hi JC,

Sorry, but I was not clear I see. I did not mean the Japanese. I meant the spies. Did they catch them and lock them up? I saw earlier someone wrote a bunch of names. So I guess they know exactly who done that, right?

Joey

Good God! I can't wait for November.

some of us can remember ronnie raygun doing something similar with his 'star wars' project
to his credit, despite the immense additional military expenditures, his intentional effort was in good part responsible for the implosion of the soviet union:
According to Oxford don Robert Service’s exhaustive study of the collapse of the Soviet Union and the decapitation of world communism, the architect of these events, Ronald Reagan, came to the presidency in 1981 with three objectives in mind: to restore the confidence of the American nation after the debacle of the Vietnam War; to re-establish the political, moral and military pre-eminence of the United States throughout the world; and to make a third world war impossible through the total elimination of nuclear weapons.

Reagan proposed to abandon the doctrine of mutually assured destruction that had deterred nuclear apocalypse since the Eisenhower presidency, while reconsidering the seminal U.S. Cold War policy of containment. His goal: “to reverse the expansion of Soviet influence around the world” by breaking the deeply—and as it turned out, fatally—troubled Soviet economy. The new administration, in the words of Mr. Service, would “increase the American military budget and put the USSR’s finances under the strain of an arms race.” ...
‘Star Wars’ and the Soviet Collapse - WSJ

They probably saved millions of lives. We had used the bomb before, we would have used it again.

some of us can remember ronnie raygun doing something similar with his 'star wars' project
to his credit, despite the immense additional military expenditures, his intentional effort was in good part responsible for the implosion of the soviet union:

‘Star Wars’ and the Soviet Collapse - WSJ

Star Wars was beyond the Soviet Union's ability to compete. A nuclear arms race is not beyond Russia's ability to compete and is certainly not outside of China's ability to compete.

Plus, knock me over with a feather if Donnie was thinking about the strategic aspects of forcing an arms race. Ah-huh

Back
Top Bottom