• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to Woodward: "I have built a nuclear weapons system"

Hi JC,

Sorry, but I was not clear I see. I did not mean the Japanese. I meant the spies. Did they catch them and lock them up? I saw earlier someone wrote a bunch of names. So I guess they know exactly who done that, right?

Joey

I have no idea about Japanese spies.

They probably saved millions of lives. We had used the bomb before, we would have used it again.

You really believe the the US would have gone around the world dropping nukes?

The bad news is we just can't be sure. :shock:
Sure we can, trump says lots of things, heck I am still waiting for that beautiful healthcare coverage he said he was signing into law.....just more of the same old BS that his sheep believe everytime he utters more nonsense.

You really believe the the US would have gone around the world dropping nukes?

No, but there was a lot of people trying to push for using them in Russia.

Once you've nuked a civilian population, exactly what moral barriers am I supposed to expect you to have?

The bad news is we just can't be sure. :shock:

Well he has the conman's instinct to ham it up don;t forget. It's probably just something already known to be in development like a next-gen stealth drone or a new type of hypersonic missile. Trump being trump wasn't paying attention at the briefing and remembers only a couple of keywords like 'secret' and 'nuclear'.

I don't think we're quite ready for the sharks with laser-beam eyes yet.

Most likely President Trump was just droning on about a newer U.S. weapons system that is under development. Probably something involving hypersonic weapons. Something we know that both the Russians and Chinese have been researching for years.

Most likely President Trump was just droning on about a newer U.S. weapons system that is under development. Probably something involving hypersonic weapons. Something we know that both the Russians and Chinese have been researching for years.

I never did understand the purpose of "let's make a weapon that blows up the world like our current weapons, but faster"

I never did understand the purpose of "let's make a weapon that blows up the world like our current weapons, but faster"

hypersonic weapons have conventional warheads.

and no weapons ever built have the capability to "blow up the world'.

I don't know what it is but Trump called it "a new nuclear weapons system"

But I have built a nucle- a weap- I have built a weapons system- weapons system, that nobody’s ever had in this country before. We have stuff that you haven’t even seen or heard about. We have stuff that Putin and Xi have never heard about before. There’s nobody. What we have is incredible.

This is the one that really scares me. Woodward's revelations about Coronavirus are bad enough but Trump letting out that America has a new weapons system that even Putin doesn't know about????????:shock: Can you imagine Trump in conversation with Putin in one of their frequent private conversations over the phone and Putin saying to Trump,"What's this new weapon system I hear about? Tell me or I'll reveal to the American people all the dirt I have on you." :shock:

IS this going to ignite a whole new arms race or am I just getting too easily alarmed?:doh

Trump says he built a secret nuclear weapon. Here's what it probably is - Task & Purpose

Non compos mentis.

I don't know what it is but Trump called it "a new nuclear weapons system"

So? Trumps an idiot. We all know that. Some of us just accept it and move on.

The weapons we have now will probably leave quite a mark.

Can have conventional warheads. Trump was specifically talking about nuclear weapons.

I don't know how to talk to a person who took that statement literally. Good day.

No, but there was a lot of people trying to push for using them in Russia.

Once you've nuked a civilian population, exactly what moral barriers am I supposed to expect you to have?

If dropping the 2 bombs, with a 3rd on the way, save one single American GI - it was worth it no matter how many Japs died.

They started the war; not us.

Japan and its fanatical people got everything they deserved and more.

But to give the bomb (plans) to a communist nation who said they wanted world domination was just plain crazy.

If dropping the 2 bombs, with a 3rd on the way, save one single American GI - it was worth it no matter how many Japs died.

They started the war; not us.

Japan and its fanatical people got everything they deserved and more.

But to give the bomb (plans) to a communist nation who said they wanted world domination was just plain crazy.

Shush, Stormfront, the grownups are talking.

But I have built a nucle- a weap- I have built a weapons system- weapons system, that nobody’s ever had in this country before. We have stuff that you haven’t even seen or heard about. We have stuff that Putin and Xi have never heard about before. There’s nobody. What we have is incredible.

This is the one that really scares me. Woodward's revelations about Coronavirus are bad enough but Trump letting out that America has a new weapons system that even Putin doesn't know about????????:shock: Can you imagine Trump in conversation with Putin in one of their frequent private conversations over the phone and Putin saying to Trump,"What's this new weapon system I hear about? Tell me or I'll reveal to the American people all the dirt I have on you." :shock:

IS this going to ignite a whole new arms race or am I just getting too easily alarmed?:doh

Trump says he built a secret nuclear weapon. Here's what it probably is - Task & Purpose
Trump said it, so odds are very high that he either lied to get attention, or ..... yeah, he lied.

Trump is talking sh*t, as usual. And there is no way Putin wouldn't know because Trumpy would just have told him, or just leaked it on Twitter if it was true, so no. He's just talking sh*t again.

Like that fantastic immigrations bill we were going to have last month, and that healthcare plan also rolling out last month. The man is incorrigible. He says what people want to hear, but sadly, most of it is empty noise.

A low yield 5 kiloton bomb would really be comparable to the Soviet T-5 torpedoes. Not a game-changer.

Considering that Russia isn’t exactly known for quality craftsmanship ...
C3FAB138-1DD2-43E7-AC85-178CE16169DF.jpg
7B998E39-9DDD-4FB6-B922-095E2BC03DCF.jpg
there’s reason not to be overly concerned at this point.

Star Wars was beyond the Soviet Union's ability to compete. A nuclear arms race is not beyond Russia's ability to compete and is certainly not outside of China's ability to compete.

Plus, knock me over with a feather if Donnie was thinking about the strategic aspects of forcing an arms race. Ah-huh

A veteran of the 2nd WW once expressed an opinion to me I'd never heard (I'm sure it was out there however). He said, "After Russia exploded it's first nuclear device in 1949 Truman should have gone in and nuked Moscow and the facilities where the the bomb was developed and insured that the Soviets never got to develop nuclear weapons. Today we can see how futile such extremism would be with China and then North Korea becoming nuclear states and now Iran pretty near, but in 1949 such an action might have stopped the Cold War and the Soviet expansion. With America being the only country to possess nuclear weapons at the time and the Soviets having only conventional bombs it would have been akin to an ant going up against a human. Sounded like a good strategy at the time. An unsustainable one, though.

The weapons we have now will probably leave quite a mark.

But Trump would probably never use them against Putin even if Putin launched first. I frequently imagine Trump making this remark to Putin, "Psst, Vladimir. Have I got a deal for you. Launch first. I won't retaliate. Then you give me the contract to rebuild America."

US 1946 KING'S X

Having invented a new Holocaust,
And been the first with it to win a war,
How they make haste to cry with fingers crossed,
King's X--no fairs to use it any more!
--Robert Frost

yea, tRump built it

recall when he would not say what his strategy was in war zones, not wanting to give up any edge to our opponent

what happened? now he's telling a journalist about an undisclosed weapons development

quisling

He didn't build jack. It takes forever for the pentagon to build a new weapons system. It almost certainly started during the Obama years or the Bush years.

Back
Top Bottom