• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump to travel to Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Trump to travel to Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday - CNNPolitics

CNN)President Donald Trump will travel to Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday to meet with law enforcement and to survey some of the damage from the recent protests, the White House announced Saturday evening.

When asked if the President would meet with the family of Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man who was shot by police, White House spokesman Judd Deere said that the schedule hasn't been fully ironed out yet.
Now will we see a rise in protests there with President L&O visiting?

Will it add fuel to a fire that was starting to come under the control of the authorities?

Why yes it will

Will he be meeting with the mayor or governor? Or is this just a photo op with no expected results?

Perhaps, he's meeting with the vigilantes and cops who who ignored a kid with military -style weapon?

Will he be meeting with the mayor or governor? Or is this just a photo op with no expected results?

Who knows with Trump

Tons of security on top of a situation that seemed to become more peaceful in their protests

Why is he going there???

My opinion - battleground State and he needs to expand his L&O Presidency

Will it add fuel to a fire that was starting to come under the control of the authorities?

Why yes it will

The elected president of the United States can travel to any city in this country he wants.

And if that is seen as provocation then the people who will create violence must be dominated with overwhelming force

Why yes it will

He came here, to El Paso, after the massacre a year ago and he is certainly not loved here. There were protests but El Pasoans handled it like adults. I’m sure Kenosha residents are equally capable of that or do you just not have faith that the lefties there can manage to oppose something without violence and property destruction?

The elected president of the United States can travel to any city in this country he wants.

And if that is seen as provocation then the people who will create violence must be dominated with overwhelming force

Send in an armored brigade- that will teach them

Relax anti-Trump cultists and chronically enraged resistors. There is NO proof that Trump is definitely going to Kenosha.

Find something else to be pissed-off about.

I'm surprised you have such little faith in White House announcements.

He came here, to El Paso, after the massacre a year ago and he is certainly not loved here. There were protests but El Pasoans handled it like adults. I’m sure Kenosha residents are equally capable of that or do you just not have faith that the lefties there can manage to oppose something without violence and property destruction?

Maybe there’s not enough White Antifa radicals in El Paso?

Well after the massacre??
Yes- no??

Send in an armored brigade- that will teach them

Why not?

If a small number of radicals want to create violence then I say two can play at that game

So Trump shouldnt go somewhere because unhinged and violent Biden voters will get more angry and violent?

Ive suggested Trump should visit Portland a month before the election just to get film for campaign ads

So Trump shouldnt go somewhere because unhinged and violent Biden voters will get more angry and violent?

No point made

From the OP- I made it simple and clear.

Now if you have a point or are looking for direction on this, I cannot help with that

Why yes it will

This we may agree on... Where we differ is in who we consider as creating violence: the protestors who are well within their legal rights to protest, or the police who have been continually exacerbating and escalating protests nationwide all summer?

This we may agree on... Where we differ is in who we consider as creating violence: the protestors who are well within their legal rights to protest, or the police who have been continually exacerbating and escalating protests nationwide all summer?

It is not possible for the police to escalate protests. They have the authority. Escalation can only come from the thugs in the riots

Trump and Biden should both travel there. They should both stand together and try to reunite their people. You don't have to agree on policies in general but it's about time everyone understood that things can't go on as they are.

Seems to me that the O/P wants Trump to go there and hopes the unhinged and violent rioters get angrier and more violent, so that he can keep scapegoating our president for the their anti-social and psychotic behavior.

No point made

From the OP- I made it simple and clear.

Now if you have a point or are looking for direction on this, I cannot help with that

Back
Top Bottom