• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump To Sign Executive Orders Protecting Preexisting Conditions

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

"President Donald Trump will sign a series of executive orders aimed at protecting people with preexisting conditions and look for a way to prevent surprise medical bills, senior administration officials said Thursday.

Trump is expected to discuss the executive orders, which are part of his “America First” health-care plan, during his visit to Charlotte, North Carolina later Thursday, the officials said.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told reporters on a conference call that one of the orders would declare it the policy of the United States to “provide protections to ensure that Americans with preexisting conditions are protected regardless of whether the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional and its protections for preexisting conditions invalidated.”

“The president is also taking action to protect surprise billing, a source of financial insecurity for all Americans who do have insurance that has gone unaddressed for two years now,” he said.

Liberals are going to have a difficult time continuing to argue that this is all a facade, and some kind of right-wing conspiracy to fool people into believing pre-existing conditions will be protected. Or that Trump, Cruz, and Rubio have been lying for four years about their intentions.

Cool. I'll believe it when I see it, I guess, but hopefully he lives up to this promise.

No, he's not that stupid. Trump can (and probably will) do exactly what Azar said - the only problem is the order won't actually do anything.

This obviously isn't my area of expertise, and I'm not sure what your credentials are, but I have an extremely difficult time believing that you are aware of something that Azar is oblivious to.

This obviously isn't my area of expertise, and I'm not sure what your credentials are, but I have an extremely difficult time believing that you are aware of something that Azar is oblivious to.

I don't think he's oblivious at all.

Do you understand how executive orders work?

Last edited:

The way Azar explained the orders is that they don't do anything concrete. They direct HHS to work with Congress to get something passed in those areas and if not passed by January 1 HHS will investigate what regulatory actions can be taken.

But the executive orders themselves do not actually do anything to stop surprise medical bills or protect pre-existing conditions the way Azar explained them.

Let's count and see how many dummies fall for this political ploy that means nothing.
Right, this is all one huge right wing conspiracy, involving not only Trump, but Azar. And of course, Cruz and Rubio, who both promised to do this in 2016.

This is why I don’t think some liberals really care about policy, they need this to fail.

This isn’t so much about preexisting conditions for some, as it is about giving Joe bait during the debate next week.

If Trump truly does want to protect preexisting conditions, there goes Joe’s zinger line lol. Not that he would have remembered it anyway.

This is the same reason Democrats wouldn’t support Tim Scott’s police reform bill.

They don’t need police reform, they need Biden to get credit for police reform.

They don’t need preexisting conditions protected, they need Obama to get historical credit for it.

There's no conspiracy. Read Azar's words.

You're reading what you want to see.
Azar states that the purpose of the EO will be to direct HHS to work directly with Congress to ensure legislation is passed protecting the preexisting condition guarantee.

And that this legislation must be passed by the time the ACA is potentially repealed.

There’s nothing hollow or disingenuous about the plan.

Azar states that the purpose of the EO is to direct HHS to work directly with Congress to ensure legislation is passed protecting the preexisting condition guarantee.

There’s nothing hollow or disingenuous about the EO.

Of course there is.

It holds no legal weight whatsoever. It is nothing but hollow.

Azar states that the purpose of the EO is to direct HHS to work directly with Congress to ensure legislation is passed protecting the preexisting condition guarantee.

And that this legislation must be passed by the time the ACA is potentially repealed.

There’s nothing hollow or disingenuous about the EO.
So essentially he is going to ask congress nicely. Lol

So essentially he is going to ask congress nicely. Lol
I mean, the only thing that could go wrong with the plan is Democrats in Congress refusing to pass the legislation out of spite.

The EOs basically put everything in the hands of Congress. With a great deal of pressure from HHS.

I mean, the only thing that could go wrong with the plan is Democrats in Congress refusing to pass the legislation out of spite.

The EOs basically put everything in the hands of Congress.
So basically he is asking nicely. Lol

It's a good idea.....I'm glad Obama thought of it

The EOs basically put everything in the hands of Congress. With a great deal of pressure from HHS.

It was already in Congress's hands. In other words, the EO did nothing at all.

Do you think Congress cares about "pressure" from HHS?

this meaningless EO has already accomplished what it was intended to.

trick some dummies into thinking Trump did something.
Trump also signed a EO allowing the sun to rise in the east

this meaningless EO has already accomplished what it was intended to.

trick some dummies into thinking Trump did something.
What exactly would you like Trump to do, specifically? Besides keep the ACA, which prevents working class Americans from being able to afford premiums, deductibles, and co-pays?

If you cared about preexisting conditions, this EO announcement would be good news.

The reason it is bad news is that you are using the issue to try to get Biden into office.

Not surprising that liberals are using a political issue and pretending they care, when they only need it to get them into power.

What exactly would you like Trump to do, specifically? Besides keep the ACA, which prevents working class Americans from being able to afford premiums, deductibles, and co-pays?

If you cared about preexisting conditions, this EO announcement would be good news.

The reason it is bad news is that you are using the issue to try to get Biden into office.

Not surprising that liberals are using a political issue and pretending they care, when they only need it to get them into power.
How about he present a healthcare bill thru his party?

Trump is useless

How about he present a healthcare bill thru his party?

Trump is useless
???

The President cannot draft a bill, Vegas.

Separation of powers.

The most he can do is use HHS to pressure legislators to draft and pass a bill. Which is the intention of these EOs.

As long as Dems cooperate, there should be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom