• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump To Sign Executive Orders Protecting Preexisting Conditions

the eo did exactly what it was designed to do.
either democrats play ball or eat a ton of shit before the election for not protecting what they have been howling about for 4 years.

once again trump has outmaneuvered the left.
It’s in front of the Supreme Court, not Congress

This obviously isn't my area of expertise, and I'm not sure what your credentials are, but I have an extremely difficult time believing that you are aware of something that Azar is oblivious to.
Azar is well aware of the issue. He phrased his statement very carefully.

"Declaring it is policy to protect pre-existing conditions" doesn't actually accomplish that task. Insurance companies don't work for Donald Trump. Why would they cover you if you are inherently unprofitable?

???

The President cannot draft a bill, Vegas.

Separation of powers.

The most he can do is use HHS to pressure legislators to draft and pass a bill. Which is the intention of these EOs.

As long as Dems cooperate, there should be no problem.

Great, you admit that Trump's EOs don't actually accomplish anything.

Congress already passed a bill to deal with this. It's called the ACA.

Reading ReubenSherr I understand how grifters are able to con marks out of lots of money and how students were scammed to take overpriced but worthless lessons at Trump university.

I just can’t understand how magathals dispense with critical thinking and can’t identify obvious lies. It’s as if they want to believe the lies. Don’t the marks ever realize they’ve been conned?

They usually see the lies.

They pretend not to because their goal was never discourse.

"President Donald Trump will sign a series of executive orders aimed at protecting people with preexisting conditions and look for a way to prevent surprise medical bills, senior administration officials said Thursday.

Trump is expected to discuss the executive orders, which are part of his “America First” health-care plan, during his visit to Charlotte, North Carolina later Thursday, the officials said.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told reporters on a conference call that one of the orders would declare it the policy of the United States to “provide protections to ensure that Americans with preexisting conditions are protected regardless of whether the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional and its protections for preexisting conditions invalidated.”

“The president is also taking action to protect surprise billing, a source of financial insecurity for all Americans who do have insurance that has gone unaddressed for two years now,” he said.

Liberals are going to have a difficult time continuing to argue that this is all a facade, and some kind of right-wing conspiracy to fool people into believing pre-existing conditions will be protected. Or that Trump, Cruz, and Rubio have been lying for four years about their intentions.

Oh? Well, if that is the case, then all an insurer will do is adjust the price to compensate for the added cost and it will become unaffordable.

And, the EO is illegal, it's up to congress to regulate commerce, draft laws, etc. Trump can't do that.

the depth of republican stupidity is mindboggling.

Of course he can.

He can't introduce a bill - but the White House can certainly draft the bill, and ask a Republican member of Congress to introduce it.

This is SOP.

The house won't pass a Trump bill, it's totally inadequate. All an insurer will do is raise the price, if there is no infrastructure like the ACA to make it affordable to people.

So please explain how the Obama Dream Act Executive Order was legal?
DACA wasn’t implemented by executive order. It was done through regulatory action by the Department of Homeland Security. But that’s neither here nor there really.

Right, this is all one huge right wing conspiracy, involving not only Trump, but Azar. And of course, Cruz and Rubio, who both promised to do this in 2016.

This is why I don’t think some liberals really care about policy, they need this to fail.

This isn’t so much about preexisting conditions for some, as it is about giving Joe bait during the debate next week.

If Trump truly does want to protect preexisting conditions, there goes Joe’s zinger line lol. Not that he would have remembered it anyway.

This is the same reason Democrats wouldn’t support Tim Scott’s police reform bill.

They don’t need police reform, they need Biden to get credit for police reform.

They don’t need preexisting conditions protected, they need Obama to get historical credit for it.

Obama gets credit for it because the ACA did just that. That is part of the reason why we are shaking our heads at this executive order.

The other part of this is that in order for Trump and the GOP to get the credit for protecting pre-existing conditions is to scrap the whole ACA...and then usher in their plan....but no such plan exists. It will take a couple of years to put together...assuming that they want to because let's be honest...neither the GOP or Trump have that plan because all along...they never wanted it to begin with. That's why we don't believe Trump when he says he is protecting pre-existing conditions: he can't tell us what the plan is because there is no plan.

So, why should I let my the health of my wife who has MS, and her ability to get a job with health benefits that we can afford be determined by some a$$hat and his party who had literally years to come up with a better plan and haven't because said a$$hat is making yet another promise he can't come through on?

No, he's not that stupid. Trump can (and probably will) do exactly what Azar said - the only problem is the order won't actually do anything.
Exactly; remember the "I hereby order" US businesses to stop dealing with China? I heard the collective "piss off!" from business leaders all the way across the Atlantic.

One need but look at the low cost plans touted by President of the United States of America Donald Trump to see if he is doing more than signing another meaningless piece of paper.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

the eo did exactly what it was designed to do.
either democrats play ball or eat a ton of shit before the election for not protecting what they have been howling about for 4 years.

once again trump has outmaneuvered the left.
Democrats already protected existing conditions. Trump is trying to dismantle that protection and then claim credit for it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The EO is meaningless. It has no power. The only one outmaneuvered is you. And of course the other mindless followers of Der Trump.
your projection arguments and ad hominens are expected and a failure.
The EO's actually aren't meaningless unless you want to challenge them in court.

I mean biden could technically undo them.
why are you against protecting pre-existing conditions?
haven't you been harping about protecting them for over 4 years.

now that trump has protected them you are against them go figure.

ol this is going to piss the left off with a level never seen before.

This is literally the only consideration Republicans bring to anything anymore.

It’s in front of the Supreme Court, not Congress
No it isn't in front of the SCOTUS. Trump just protected pre-existing conditions why are you against it?

No it isn't in front of the SCOTUS. Trump just protected pre-existing conditions why are you against it?
No he didn't. The EO has no power

They are already currently protected, by ACA.

Democrats already protected existing conditions. Trump is trying to dismantle that protection and then claim credit for it.

Not really you have been harping about pre-existing conditions for years now they are protected and you are yelling about it.
man it sucks to be a leftist.

your projection arguments and ad hominens are expected and a failure.
The EO's actually aren't meaningless unless you want to challenge them in court.

Have you actually read the EO?

Read the EO and tell me how it protects pre-existing conditions...

Not really you have been harping about pre-existing conditions for years now they are protected and you are yelling about it.
man it sucks to be a leftist.
I havent been harping about anything. Bringing up something in a debate is not "harping".

However, if you remove the ACA, as Trump is trying to do, then the person removing it is the one responsible for removing the protections already in place. He hasn't done jack with this EO to ensure those protections are not lost if his current efforts to do away with them are successful.

This is like getting a Court decision to reverse SSM as legal and then passing an EO to promise to work with Congress for protections for gay couples.

Reading ReubenSherr I understand how grifters are able to con marks out of lots of money and how students were scammed to take overpriced but worthless lessons at Trump university.

I just can’t understand how magathals dispense with critical thinking and can’t identify obvious lies. It’s as if they want to believe the lies. Don’t the marks ever realize they’ve been conned?

Well to some it's a sign of action I suppose; despite this being toothless since it has no legislative power. But hey, there's a catchy new name that resonates with the "America First" crowd; effective branding can make even a turd look good. There's still the fact the administration is still litigating against pre-existing condition protections in court. This is essentially a concept with no follow through.

Azar states that the purpose of the EO will be to direct HHS to work directly with Congress to ensure legislation is passed protecting the preexisting condition guarantee.

And that this legislation must be passed by the time the ACA is potentially repealed.

There’s nothing hollow or disingenuous about the plan.

Congress already passed legislation protecting people with pre-existing conditions. It's called the Affordable Care Act,

How about he present a healthcare bill thru his party?

Trump is useless

The Republican Party has been promising the world's greatest healthcare bill for 10 years. Trump promised it starting in 2015 and lied about having one in August.

This EO nonsense is to give the morons who support him something to talk about. Anyone with a working brain knows there is nothing to this EO. The President has no authority to tell insurance companies what to do. That has to be regulated and enacted into law. A law already exists to protect people with pre-existing conditions.

The rampant ignorance in Trump Fan Nation is astounding.

I am just glad Trump is continuing to work on the problem. A true leader doesn't give up. I am also glad Trump stopped the fining or people who cannot afford health care.

The problem of pre-existing conditions was solved years ago by the Affordable Care Act. They don't exist anymore.

Trump is trying to bring pre-existing conditions back. In other words, he's creating a problem. A very big one, particularly in the midst of a pandemic.

Of course it's meaningless. In the absence of the ACA, no insurer is required to guarantee coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, and certainly not as the same rates as for anybody else. And indeed the subsidies that make that coverage affordable for millions of Americans go away immediately if Trump succeeds. As does the Medicaid expansion that insures millions of Americans with health conditions.

Trump's quest to take away people's health care during a pandemic is nuts.

Have you actually read the EO?

why are you all of a sudden against protecting pre-existing conditions?
your hypocrisy on the issue is noted as usual you are dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom