• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to nominate former coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler as next EPA administrator

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...ing-epa-chief-wheeler-for-senate-confirmation

President Trump said he plans to nominate Andrew Wheeler, acting head of the Environmental Protection Agency, to be the EPA's Senate-confirmed administrator.

Trump made the announcement Friday during a White House ceremony for Medal of Honor recipients.

He said Wheeler “is going to be made permanent,” adding that “he’s done a fantastic job and I want to congratulate him.”
==========================================
At least this guy is familiar with the dying coal industry.

A freakin' coal lobbyist. More billionaire & corporate take-over of our government!

:doh

:lamo

"Hello, everyone. Today I am pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Fox as head of the Henhouse Protection Agency. I am confident his ardent love of hens will lead to positive results."

I wonder what Wheeler will do about these cities being out of compliance for Air Pollution?

https://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/sota/city-rankings/most-polluted-cities.html

OZONE
#1: Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
#2: Bakersfield, CA
#3: Visalia-Porterville-Hanford, CA
#4: Fresno-Madera, CA
#5: Sacramento-Roseville, CA
#6: San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
#7: Modesto-Merced, CA
#8: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
#9: Redding-Red Bluff, CA
#10: New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA
#11: Houston-The Woodlands, TX
#12: Las Vegas-Henderson, NV-AZ
#13: San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA
#14: Denver-Aurora, CO
#15: El Centro, CA
#16: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX-OK
#17: Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA
#18: Salt Lake City-Provo-Orem, UT
#19: Fort Collins, CO
#20: Hartford-West Hartford, CT
#21: Chico, CA
#22: Chicago-Naperville, IL-IN-WI
#23: Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs, GA
#24: Sheboygan, WI
#24: Philadelphia-Reading-Camden, PA-NJ-DE-MD

SHORT TERM PARTICULATES

#1: Bakersfield, CA
#2: Visalia-Porterville-Hanford, CA
#3: Fresno-Madera, CA
#4: Fairbanks, AK
#5: Modesto-Merced, CA
#6: San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA
#7: Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
#8: Salt Lake City-Provo-Orem, UT
#9: El Centro, CA
#10: Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton, PA-OH-WV
#11: Logan, UT-ID
#12: Missoula, MT
#13: Lancaster, PA
#14: Anchorage, AK
#15: Seattle-Tacoma, WA
#16: Salinas, CA
#17: Yakima, WA
#17: South Bend-Elkhart-Mishawaka, IN-MI
#19: Sacramento-Roseville, CA
#20: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
#21: Indianapolis-Carmel-Muncie, IN
#22: Harrisburg-York-Lebanon, PA
#22: Reno-Carson City-Fernley, NV
#24: Denver-Aurora, CO
#24: Eugene, OR

I wonder what Wheeler will do about these cities being out of compliance for Air Pollution?

https://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/sota/city-rankings/most-polluted-cities.html

OZONE
#1: Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
#2: Bakersfield, CA
#3: Visalia-Porterville-Hanford, CA
#4: Fresno-Madera, CA
#5: Sacramento-Roseville, CA
#6: San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
#7: Modesto-Merced, CA
#8: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
#9: Redding-Red Bluff, CA
#10: New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA
#11: Houston-The Woodlands, TX
#12: Las Vegas-Henderson, NV-AZ
#13: San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA
#14: Denver-Aurora, CO
#15: El Centro, CA
#16: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX-OK
#17: Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA
#18: Salt Lake City-Provo-Orem, UT
#19: Fort Collins, CO
#20: Hartford-West Hartford, CT
#21: Chico, CA
#22: Chicago-Naperville, IL-IN-WI
#23: Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs, GA
#24: Sheboygan, WI
#24: Philadelphia-Reading-Camden, PA-NJ-DE-MD

SHORT TERM PARTICULATES

#1: Bakersfield, CA
#2: Visalia-Porterville-Hanford, CA
#3: Fresno-Madera, CA
#4: Fairbanks, AK
#5: Modesto-Merced, CA
#6: San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA
#7: Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA
#8: Salt Lake City-Provo-Orem, UT
#9: El Centro, CA
#10: Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton, PA-OH-WV
#11: Logan, UT-ID
#12: Missoula, MT
#13: Lancaster, PA
#14: Anchorage, AK
#15: Seattle-Tacoma, WA
#16: Salinas, CA
#17: Yakima, WA
#17: South Bend-Elkhart-Mishawaka, IN-MI
#19: Sacramento-Roseville, CA
#20: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
#21: Indianapolis-Carmel-Muncie, IN
#22: Harrisburg-York-Lebanon, PA
#22: Reno-Carson City-Fernley, NV
#24: Denver-Aurora, CO
#24: Eugene, OR

Maybe he should fine Democrat mayors running most of the cities on that list.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...ing-epa-chief-wheeler-for-senate-confirmation

President Trump said he plans to nominate Andrew Wheeler, acting head of the Environmental Protection Agency, to be the EPA's Senate-confirmed administrator.

Trump made the announcement Friday during a White House ceremony for Medal of Honor recipients.

He said Wheeler “is going to be made permanent,” adding that “he’s done a fantastic job and I want to congratulate him.”

Trump making these "middle finger" gestures to the left is one of his redeeming qualities.

Another snake for the Trump swamp.

I do think its good, however, that the government is stepping up to help transition workers from a dying industry with no future to other meaningful jobs. ;)

Another snake for the Trump swamp.

I do think its good, however, that the government is stepping up to help transition workers from a dying industry with no future to other meaningful jobs. ;)

I'm so glad we have altruistic billionaires saving us from the secret cabal of Marxists and scientists bent on world domination.

/s

A freakin' coal lobbyist. More billionaire & corporate take-over of our government!

:doh

One files in the Manila folder labeled "Why are we not surprised?".

LOL! Why, pray tell, would he do that? Please be very specific.

You fine the cities for not meeting EPA standards and link it to a mass transit action plan to lower emissions.

And the mayors are responsible how?

The set the regulations in their cities and actually are responsible for urban planning and industrial zoning. They are more responsible for it than the Fed.

Coal SUCKS...Hopefully soon there will be No more Coal Mines.....Or Coal lobbyists that promote this damn dirty energy source

The set the regulations in their cities and actually are responsible for urban planning and industrial zoning. They are more responsible for it than the Fed.

Please cite/provide the data conclusively demonstrates that the cities respectively are actually responsible for their ratings. Please also do so in regards to the various industries that surround them.

Thanks in advance!

This should be fun.

Trump making these "middle finger" gestures to the left is one of his redeeming qualities.
That seems to be the idiotic viewpoint of Trump supporters, undo sensible and popular policies because it will make liberals mad: 'stick it to liberals, go ahead and slash my health care, cut my Social Security and Medicare! That'll show'em!'

Hunter Thompson for head of DEA!

Err....or Keef. He's still about.

You fine the cities for not meeting EPA standards and link it to a mass transit action plan to lower emissions.

The last big mass transit infrastructure boom in the US was during the Clinton/Gore tenure, when they made Federal Matching funds available for cities that installed Mass Transit systems. In many cases, State government also got involved to make sure that their cities would follow through.

Mass transit construction projects are very expensive, and usually beyond the funding means of most cities, without assistance. Without the Clinton/Gore transit incentives, most of our cities would be much, much worse, regarding air pollution.

Today, most incentives for cleaner air in cities are occurring at the State level, with incentives for electric cars. However, 75% of pollutants, emitted in US cities, is from diesel trucks; and only 25% is from cars. There is a newer, much cleaner diesel techology, but last I read, less than 30% of the rigs are equipped. Wheeler - something to work on!!!

The last big mass transit infrastructure boom in the US was during the Clinton/Gore tenure, when they made Federal Matching funds available for cities that installed Mass Transit systems. In many cases, State government also got involved to make sure that their cities would follow through.

Mass transit construction projects are very expensive, and usually beyond the funding means of most cities, without assistance. Without the Clinton/Gore transit incentives, most of our cities would be much, much worse, regarding air pollution.

Today, most incentives for cleaner air in cities are occurring at the State level, with incentives for electric cars. However, 75% of pollutants, emitted in US cities, is from diesel trucks; and only 25% is from cars. There is a newer, much cleaner diesel techology, but last I read, less than 30% of the rigs are equipped. Wheeler - something to work on!!!

Natural gas. Extremely effective as a cleaner alternative for Mass transit buses and a lot cheaper.

Please cite/provide the data conclusively demonstrates that the cities respectively are actually responsible for their ratings. Please also do so in regards to the various industries that surround them.

Thanks in advance!

This should be fun.

So your position is mayors are NOT responsible for the environment in their city?

Back
Top Bottom