• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources

Because you said no man, but the Pope is God's voice on earth, yet still a man. So it would seem, then, that there is a man that you would take orders from.

lol

Context is important here. Go back and read my response to Clara who said ACB has to listen to her husband because she is R. Catholic, belongs to a "cult". I said what Clara wrote is nonsense. I also said I am RC and don't take orders from any man, meaning my husband. When the Pope speaks the word of God, and takes his divine inspiration from the Lord, darn right I listen. It's a part of my faith to listen to the Pope.

Context is important here. Go back and read my response to Clara who said ACB has to listen to her husband because she is R. Catholic, belongs to a "cult". I said what Clara wrote is nonsense. I also said I am RC and don't take orders from any man, meaning my husband. When the Pope speaks the word of God, and takes his divine inspiration from the Lord, darn right I listen. It's a part of my faith to listen to the Pope.
no, not because she is Roman Catholic...because she is a member of People of Praise....get it right.

one thing the right might not approve of is her opposition to the death penalty.

I would think that you would know because you were once a member of her "cult" that R. Catholics do not believe in the death penalty. "Thou shall not kill" ring a bell?

Imp
You right winger might be full of cheer now, but you will live to regret what Trump and Republican Politicians and Republican Constituency has done... and you have no one to blame but yourself.

You think your are poor, working poor and struggling, you have not had the level of it that will come by decisions of a Right Wing Leaning Supreme Court. White Nationalism is on its Death Bed... and you are raving about what amount to support for Industrial Plutocracy, You think your rural lands have seen toxicity, you have seen nothing yet, and you think the concept of family farms took a hit with Trump Trade Debacles, you have seen nothing, as The Industrial Mega Corporations take over the rest of the farms. You think your kids can't afford skill training and learning professional techniques, you will find that what you will get is a system that treats your offspring's like apprentices, yes, the type that were structured under Andrew Johnson... until the U.S. Federal Government made them cease. If you think your wages are stagnant now, you have a Anti Union Right Wing Court that will attack any efforts to promote Union Organization of Labor, and you will see employee rights diminish even more.

You are hung up on trying to force women to live without choice, but you are the same people who fight against helping single mothers or single fathers with kids.

Gloat but you will find your gloating turning to moans of desperation... and it will overcome you like a tsunami!!!! and you did it to yourself

Impressive ! All that Wrong in only three paragraphs !
And you did it by yourself !

no, not because she is Roman Catholic...because she is a member of People of Praise....get it right.

How is the People of Praise, as you term it, "a cult"?

I would think that you would know because you were once a member of her "cult" that R. Catholics do not believe in the death penalty. "Thou shall not kill" ring a bell?
again, my comments about her are not anything to do with her Catholicism ...I am Catholic, a life long one...My opposition is due to her membership in a cult that is a outlier of the Catholic church...known as People of Praise. So, if you are going to make a claim about me, make sure it is correct...and yes, I oppose the death penalty, caging of children and abortion, but that is up to me, not up to me to impose on others or my beliefs on others

How is the People of Praise, as you term it, "a cult"?
Read and learn

This looks like fun. One day I'm going to make an account as a progressive and troll the forum, but I don't think I'll ever be as good as you.
Don't put yourself down. You're a tremendous troll already!

Absolutely love it, let's see the radical left attack a women nominee for the Supreme Court to replace a woman on the SC

No surprise here. It was obvious from Monday that she was the pick. Unless they snuck the other candidates through the cellar. No one else was given as much attention Barrett.

The Democrats have to be very cautious on how they handle her. If even the appearance of heavy handedness shows its ugly head they will only end up shooting themselves in the foot with one of Nancy’s sharp arrows (which she borrowed from Pocahontas).

This woman cannot make a decision from the bench without consulting her husband and without him consulting his advisor...they literally believe that God's law takes priority over earthly law and that it is their duty to implement that law against the rest of the population...no, she does not belong on any court bench...anyone that wonders why needs to read some of her decisions and dissents.

Too bad for you, religious tests are unconstitutional.

Read and learn

Why not prove what you allege instead of copping out to a link? The above link does not prove anything you wrote.

I have this challenge for any person that claims they are voting for Trump because of abortion or that they are pro life..

When they claim that God will judge America over abortion and gay marriage...
God did not judge America over the millions of Native American Indians that were murdered and raped and had their land stolen. God did not judge America over the millions of Africans that were raped, murdered and enslaved for centuries. God did not judge America over not taking care of the homeless, sick and poor. God did not judge America over children in cages or the people that claim his name and then approve of the death penalty, or denying medical care...no, God doesn't care about abortion or gay rights...because you didn't care about any of these things first.
They are a cult, they can be told these things and they suck it all up... The Bible is clear ... in that "Every Person" will be judged as themselves, just like every person is born as a single entity, they will die as a single entity and they will face the acts of their life.
Religion Organizations can tell people anything, and they go for it often times without self invested reading on their own, the Bible made things very simple for Mankind... Trust God, and Put Nothing and No One Before God, Do Not Worship Graven Images Or Symbols as Idols......

Man Designed the Costume That Priest and Pope's Wear.. God did not tell man that was to be their attire. The same as God did not tell any man that he has to confess his sins to any man in a costume or who claims a title.
God's works tells every person, they have their responsibility to ask God for Forgiveness and to Atone themselves and turn from their sins. Any Group of Organized Religion can be made to change their standards by a congregation that chooses to withhold their money until it changes what ever they say they want changed.
God's True Spirit can't be Bought, Bribed or Swindled.
I'm not against the Communion of People in the Honor of God to Share with Each Other God's Teaching..

Last edited:
This woman cannot make a decision from the bench without consulting her husband and without him consulting his advisor...they literally believe that God's law takes priority over earthly law and that it is their duty to implement that law against the rest of the population...no, she does not belong on any court bench...anyone that wonders why needs to read some of her decisions and dissents.
Is that what your husband told you to say?

Amy Barrett ...A legal career is but a means to an end. And that end is building the kingdom of God.

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is a clause within Article VI, Clause 3. By its plain terms, no federal officeholder or employee can be required to adhere to or accept any particular religion or doctrine as a prerequisite to holding a federal office or a federal government job.

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is a clause within Article VI, Clause 3. The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States. It immediately follows a clause requiring all federal office holders to take an oath or affirmation to support the Constitution. This clause contains the only explicit reference to religion in the original seven articles of the U.S. Constitution.

The ban on religious tests contained in this clause protects not only federal officeholders and employees but it is applied to the states as you can see with the wording "State Legislatures and several states".

"Read and learn" ClaraD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Religious_Test_Clause ,

Last edited:
Why not prove what you allege instead of copping out to a link? The above link does not prove anything you wrote.
What part of I was part of this cult do you not understand? I will speak up about it. I am not speaking out against the Catholic church...I am speaking out about a dangerous group she is part of. They aren't going to come out and tell you the things they do....you know why? Because they know that mainstream society will call them out.

What part of I was part of this cult do you not understand? I will speak up about it. I am not speaking out against the Catholic church...I am speaking out about a dangerous group she is part of. They aren't going to come out and tell you the things they do....you know why? Because they know that mainstream society will call them out.

She isn't a communist, so what dangerous cult are you referring to?

Leftists only abide by The Constitution when it suits them.
Do you even know what The Constitution is... If not, let me help you with perspective; its a frame of principles, outlines for systems and guidelines to manage those principles and systems.

Pretty predictable that the religious bigots are out tonight! I doubt they put other SC nominees who practiced faith through this much scrutiny. Oh but orange man's picks so bad... :LOL:
Well, religion seems to be the central point in which her life and career are centered around what you like to talk about her?

Leftists only abide by The Constitution when it suits them.

So I've noticed. What fun ACB's confirmation will be... I predict it will get uglier than Kavanaugh's.
I don't put anything past the haters.

Back
Top Bottom