• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to name Heather Nauert as next U.S. ambassador to the U.N.

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heathe...ited-states-ambassador-to-the-united-nations/

President Trump has chosen Heather Nauert to replace Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, three sources with knowledge of the decision told CBS News. Nauert is currently the spokeswoman for the State Department.

Nauert has been on the short list for ambassador to the U.N. since Haley announced that she was stepping down from her post in October. Formerly a Fox News anchor, she came to the administration in 2017. She will have to be confirmed by the Senate to become ambassador to the U.N.

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Not nearly enough experience in international affairs.

Isn't she the blonde bimbo from Fox News?...A former swim suit model or something....Only the Best

1) She already works for him.
2) No one else from outside of the admin wants the job.

Seems logical.

I can't wait until he makes Tomi Lahren press secretary. :lol:

Isn't she the blonde bimbo from Fox News?...A former swim suit model or something....Only the Best

Yup....

1. Fox News surrogate
2. UNQUALIFIED
3. Cameron Diaz look alike

Seems to check off all 3 boxes for Donnie boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait until he makes Tomi Lahren press secretary. :lol:

Might as well, aren’t Fox News & the White House practically the same organization these days?

Yup....

1. Fox News surrogate
2. UNQUALIFIED

Good grief.......I can imagine her only foreign policy experience is staying at a Sandals resort in Mexico...What a joke

Trump hires based upon appearance not, skill or qualification. He doesn't like his men too short or his women too ugly.

She seems as qualified as any actually.

Really?.....Please tell us?...How many languages does she speak....Does she have a degree in anything regarding Foreign relations...Previous jobs over seas...A thorough understanding of world economies?....Governments?...etc

Yup....

1. Fox News surrogate
2. UNQUALIFIED

It's actually becoming a running gag in this country to see Trump appoint people that will be totally in over their heads in their positions.

Last edited:
Really?.....Please tell us?...How many languages does she speak....Does she have a degree in anything regarding Foreign relations...Previous jobs over seas...A thorough understanding of world economies?....Governments?...etc

She has held a membership with the Council of Foreign Relations for one.

Samantha Power had more experience in international affairs?!?

Samantha Power graduated with honors from Yale University.....Got a BA degree in international studies at Harvard...Was a Professor of Global Leadership council at Harvard...Won a Pulitzer Prize...Was appointed to the National Security council....Has traveled to dozens of Nations around the world.....All before being the US ambassador to the UN......Now you know...Try to keep up

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heathe...ited-states-ambassador-to-the-united-nations/

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Not nearly enough experience in international affairs.

Isn't she the one who said she believes "both sides of the science of global warming?"

I agree. I believe in both sides of the science of gravity, which is why I plan on jumping off a cliff because I know that I'll fall both up into the stratosphere and down into a violent collision with the ground below, and that the two will cancel each other out.

Last edited:
Isn't she the one who said she believes "both sides of the science of global warming?"

I agree. I believe in both sides of the science of gravity, which is why I plan on jumping off a cliff because I know that I'll fall both up into the stratosphere and down into a violent collision with the ground below.

She was on Fox News...Is Blonde....Willing to do what trump tells her...Looks good in heals....So trump hired her

Wow...Impressive...LOL

If that is your only counter to her appointment, besides calling her a bimbo. Then it's painfully obvious that you're not a source for intellectual conversation.

If that is your only counter to her appointment, besides calling her a bimbo. Then it's painfully obvious that you're not a source for intellectual conversation.

This is a completely unqualified candidate, hard to believe the Senate will approve, your defense is absurd and pathetic...Move on

Samantha Power graduated with honors from Yale University.....Got a BA degree in international studies at Harvard...Was a Professor of Global Leadership council at Harvard...Won a Pulitzer Prize...Was appointed to the National Security council....Has traveled to dozens of Nations around the world.....All before being the US ambassador to the UN......Now you know...Try to keep up
~ Samantha Power was never a diplomat and had no real experience when appointed. In her eight years helping shape U.S. foreign policy how did the US deal with China, N Korea, Iran and Russia? How much $$ did the US give away to other nations?
I think we can do better –

This is a completely unqualified candidate, hard to believe the Senate will approve, your defense is absurd and pathetic...Move on

No, not completely unqualified. Then again, expecting you to see the obvious at this point is a pretty fruitless endeavor.

Given her history she has more than enough to be eligible. Though seeing as the position doesn't' have a specific requirement attached to it. It's easy to see just how little one would need to qualify for in order to hold it.

I agree. I believe in both sides of the science of gravity, which is why I plan on jumping off a cliff because I know that I'll fall both up into the stratosphere and down into a violent collision with the ground below, and that the two will cancel each other out.

~ OK - let us know how all that works out. Don't cheat and wear a parachute ! :waiting:

~ Samantha Power was never a diplomat and had no real experience when appointed. In her eight years helping shape U.S. foreign policy how did the US deal with China, N Korea, Iran and Russia? How much $$ did the US give away to other nations?
I think we can do better –

She had far more experience than this Fox News host...Powers never sucked up to Russia and Saudi Arabia like trump has.Never babbled about some stupid tariffs on China..Believe it

She had far more experience than this Fox News host...Powers never sucked up to Russia and Saudi Arabia like trump has.Never babbled about some stupid tariffs on China..Believe it

~ Correct. Obama never put sanctions on Russia as Trump has - but he did let Hillary give Putin the official "Reset Button".
His administration also ignored N. Koreans nuclear tests and gave China a free ride all the way - all while dumping cash into the UN and NATO.

~ Correct. Obama never put sanctions on Russia as Trump has - but he did let Hillary give Putin the official "Reset Button".
His administration also ignored N. Koreans nuclear tests and gave China a free ride all the way - all while dumping cash into the UN and NATO.

Dumping Cash?...Yeah America should spend the "Cash" on a BULL**** Wall instead of helping our Allies...Got it

Back
Top Bottom