• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to Announce Bump Stock Ban

Stricter gun laws well whenever was the last time you saw the officials enforced the laws? Um let me finish laughing at you. Stricter guns laws are possible but, Chicago is a good example of how many laws are on the books but, there are a high violence in Chicago. when are we going to stop the political correctness and, talk about mental health or encourage the police to do their job?

I have been on record for a long, long time about mental health issues....including forbidding someone not receiving mental health treatment(when they have a serious diagnosis) not being allowed to have weapons....(I have PTSD so there is no hypocrisy here...I receive treatment, but I sure as hell would not want someone untreated having a gun in hand.)

Please share... Who has proposed NUKES be allowed.

I have been a member of political boards for a very long time...there have been folks out there that take it quite literally...saying that anyone should be allowed to own any type of weapon....yes, it is out there...but those people exist.

I have been a member of political boards for a very long time...there have been folks out there that take it quite literally...saying that anyone should be allowed to own any type of weapon....yes, it is out there...but those people exist.

IIRC I haven't seen anyone here state that.

Then again, there are still flat earthers,,,,

I say it will be funny watching all the Not My President folks agree with Trump.
I can't stand Trump, and cannot wait until he's out of office. I have no problems whatsoever saying that banning bump stocks is the right move. Same thing with prison reform / First Step Act.

I don't see why that would amuse you, but... whatever.

there are people out there that take the second amendment to mean that EVERYONE has the right to own any type of weapon and up to including nukes.
Yeah but both of them are in the NICS database. :lamo

The Trump administration will soon ban bump stocks, the aftermarket devices allowing semiautomatic weapons to fire multiple shots in rapid succession, CNN reported Wednesday.

The move will come nearly 14 months after Stephen Paddock used bump stocks to help him kill 58 people at the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas. Days after the shooting, President Trump said he would looSok into banning bump stocks. And for a moment, it looked as if he might have had the National Rifle Association on his side. The group said at the time that “devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.”

Trump to Announce Bump-Stock Ban, a Meaningless Gesture

So you absolute 2nders what say you now?

Bull**** regulation (not a law).

IIRC I haven't seen anyone here state that.

Then again, there are still flat earthers,,,,

I haven't been here for years...I started out on MSN boards and then went to another board..I have been discussing politics on the net since 1995.

there are people out there that take the second amendment to mean that EVERYONE has the right to own any type of weapon and up to including nukes.

Does everyone have a right to free speech, due process, protection against unwarranted search and seizure?

Bumpstocks are gimmicks. No problem with their being banned because the sling out bullets in an uncontrolled way.

Another stupid knee jerk reaction creating an unenforceable feel good law.

You can go to any hardware store and build a bump stock for under five bucks.

You don't even need to do that.

I have been on record for a long, long time about mental health issues....including forbidding someone not receiving mental health treatment(when they have a serious diagnosis) not being allowed to have weapons....(I have PTSD so there is no hypocrisy here...I receive treatment, but I sure as hell would not want someone untreated having a gun in hand.)

Exactly, you know it’s mind boggling that we have over twenty thousand laws on guns and we keep adding more because that will stop the violence? You know there’s a video on Facebook and the gentleman said you know it’s funny how people want to disarm me but the blood and creeps on the other side of the town they are going to keep them and they will not turn them over. Another thing is they force the bogus aca but they cannot enforce the laws of guns

I say it will be funny watching all the Not My President folks agree with Trump. I wouldn't be surprised the hardcore TDS sufferers will come our against the ban just to be on the opposing side of a Trump plan.

Ban em they are a waste of money and ammo. If you really really want to shoot off 8 bucks of ammo fast you can use your beltloop and go to town.

Btw there is a thread in the Gun Control section on this you may want to check out if this one doesn't get a lot of attention

Why would that be funny?

Do you expect them to speak against something they like just because he's the president? If they don't do what you expect and you condemn them for it, what does that say?

I say it will be funny watching all the Not My President folks agree with Trump. I wouldn't be surprised the hardcore TDS sufferers will come our against the ban just to be on the opposing side of a Trump plan.

Ban em they are a waste of money and ammo. If you really really want to shoot off 8 bucks of ammo fast you can use your beltloop and go to town.

Btw there is a thread in the Gun Control section on this you may want to check out if this one doesn't get a lot of attention

This is literally the least asked-for and least meaningful solution to gun violence I can imagine. The measure is itself a troll move, which is not surprising because I'm pretty sure that before every comment and every decision, he asks, "But will it piss people off?"

But, do they apply to everyone?

You can lose certain constitutional rights....for instance, the right to own a gun(convicted criminals, people who are a danger to others). You also can lose the right to freely trave(jail)l, you can lose the right to not be free of search and seizure(when you are on parole for instance). Freedom of speech isn't the right to harrass and intimidate.

You can lose certain constitutional rights....for instance, the right to own a gun(convicted criminals, people who are a danger to others). You also can lose the right to freely trave(jail)l, you can lose the right to not be free of search and seizure(when you are on parole for instance). Freedom of speech isn't the right to harrass and intimidate.

Should someone who caught a felony for possessing a fake vehicle insurance card lose their rights?

Why would that be funny?

Do you expect them to speak against something they like just because he's the president? If they don't do what you expect and you condemn them for it, what does that say?

Exactly right.

Should someone who caught a felony for possessing a fake vehicle insurance card lose their rights?

yes, they should. If you have an accident with that fake insurance card and kill someone how is that going to help the family of the victim? So, yes, absolutely you should lose your rights...it is a felony for a reason.

The Trump administration will soon ban bump stocks, the aftermarket devices allowing semiautomatic weapons to fire multiple shots in rapid succession, CNN reported Wednesday.

The move will come nearly 14 months after Stephen Paddock used bump stocks to help him kill 58 people at the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas. Days after the shooting, President Trump said he would looSok into banning bump stocks. And for a moment, it looked as if he might have had the National Rifle Association on his side. The group said at the time that “devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.”

Trump to Announce Bump-Stock Ban, a Meaningless Gesture

So you absolute 2nders what say you now?

Good. Kind of funny that the Left is already trying to take credit away from Trump, but Trump is acting the liberal he is. He acts in a manner that he believes will improve the country, and this proves that.

Why would that be funny?

Do you expect them to speak against something they like just because he's the president?
Yes and in The gun control forum a poster has come out against it.
If they don't do what you expect and you condemn them for it, what does that say?
One person already proven me right in a different thread so I feel pretty good.

This is literally the least asked-for and least meaningful solution to gun violence I can imagine. The measure is itself a troll move, which is not surprising because I'm pretty sure that before every comment and every decision, he asks, "But will it piss people off?"
So do you support Trump banning bump sticks or not?

So do you support Trump banning bump sticks or not?

That's like asking if I agree or disagree with banning little robots going around firing eggs at people's homes. I mean, sure, I'm happier if there aren't little robots going around doing that, but it's not what we asked for and it's not what anybody thinks will fix the larger problems.

Now, I know you're going to completely ignore the logic of anything I just said, because that would mean having to explore actual nature of the issue, and you don't want to do that.

Back
Top Bottom