• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to announce bump stock ban

I didn't say that. Try again.
You said:
I'm not supporting it. But, I am going to enjoy the fall out.

So you are for bump stocks being banned? But you hate Trump so much that you are unable to set that hate aside and support his efforts to accomplish something you want done?I

Like I've said before....so what? It does not change the fact that people can do the same thing with just their finger and a stiffened arm.
Got that right. Just a little practice. Pretty damned good at it from my shoulder using above method. Can't hit sh#t worth a damn but it's still fun!

The executive branch is not granted the power to legislate. The ATF has already explained they are legal because they do not fulfill the definition of a machine guns as written in the law.

Imagine in 10 minutes of undisturbed shooting what a trained shooter could have done with two Mini-14s, one with a red dot, one with a 10x scope, with just plenty of ten round magazines. Heck, imagine what someone well practiced in the Mad Minute could have done with a pair of SMLEs with a similar optic set up shooting soft point bullets. Probably a few less wounded but many more dead.
Had a lot of .303s some scoped some not including the "jungle carbine"but they were all dead nuts on at 300(except carbine) with the flip up aperture.

Trumps DOJ bans bump stocks but recommends other ways of simulating a machine guns rate of fire all within the same reclassification? This makes sense how exactly?

ATF Ruling.jpg

1. Do you believe that this action is an overreach of Executive Branch power?
2. Do you believe that a ban on bump stocks through either the Executive Branch or Congress would be an infringement of Second Amendment rights?

It is a nice start.

What I would like to see:

1. Require gun dealers to certify their federal license with the state police;

2. Impose a penalty on private dealers who fail to keep adequate records of private sales;

and

3. Impose the death penalty on distributors and pushers of illegal guns.

It is a nice start.

2. Impose a penalty on private dealers who fail to keep adequate records of private sales;

and

Define what a private dealer is? Why would they need to keep track of a private sales?

Define what a private dealer is? Why would they need to keep track of a private sales?

I think the definition of a private dealer is fairly obvious.

It is a nice start.

and

Lets think your silly suggestion through. If you make that a death penalty offense-what does that do to anyone who say may be a government witness against the defendant?

If you are a dealer-that means you need an FFL. A "private dealer" doesn't exist. it is a Private seller. A private seller is limited to selling only to residents of his state of residence. Requiring more records is pissing up a rope given that there is no mechanism to enforce record keeping

Lets think your silly suggestion through. If you make that a death penalty offense-what does that do to anyone who say may be a government witness against the defendant?

I envision putting guns in certain categories as we do with drugs and a controlled substance.

Actually, all guns need to be regulated but the illegal ones need to be handled by a special task force that can be created by the government - may be like a GEA - Gun enforcement agency.

We take down gun pushers like we do drug pushers..... that is the necessary path we need to move towards.

I envision putting guns in certain categories as we do with drugs and a controlled substance.

Actually, all guns need to be regulated but the illegal ones need to be handled by a special task force that can be created by the government - may be like a GEA - Gun enforcement agency.

We take down gun pushers like we do drug pushers..... that is the necessary path we need to move towards.

what do you think the main purpose of the ATF is?

Using the 'war on drugs' as a model of success is telling. That effort has created a multi-billion dollar industry run entirely by criminals and causes over 50K deaths/year.

Using the 'war on drugs' as a model of success is telling. That effort has created a multi-billion dollar industry run entirely by criminals and causes over 50K deaths/year.

Part of the problem is bad acting countries creating a black barket smuggling firearms in this country. This solution is simple: freeze the sale of firearms to other countries or increase the price.

Part of the problem is bad acting countries creating a black barket smuggling firearms in this country. This solution is simple: freeze the sale of firearms to other countries or increase the price.

uh that doesn't make much sense . Thirty years ago, the wall came down and the Soviet Warsaw Pact started crumbling. Some of those nations started dumping Soviet made weaponry for their armed forces. The Russians also were changing from the 762x39 cartridges and adopting the 545x39 round. NATO Standard systems were adopted by some of the former eastern bloc nations. what is meant is that there were millions of warsaw pact weapons available on the world market. in some countries-like the Czech reppublic, private arms became much easier to acquire-other than soccer and hockey, shooting sports are the most popular sporting event in the CR.

meaning black marketeers have millions upon millions of arms to choose from

The problem is not caused by guns owned by law abiding folks - the problem is that when a person illegally possesses a gun (obviously a non-violent offense) then they often get a wrist slap sentence. That is precisely why the 'war on drugs' fails - there is little to no enforcement used to curtail the illegal demand (drug possession/use).

Coolio Gets Probation Cut Short in Airport Gun Case | TMZ.com

The problem is not caused by guns owned by law abiding folks - the problem is that when a person illegally possesses a gun (obviously a non-violent offense) then they often get a wrist slap sentence. That is precisely why the 'war on drugs' fails - there is little to no enforcement used to curtail the illegal demand (drug possession/use).

Coolio Gets Probation Cut Short in Airport Gun Case | TMZ.com

I think we can agree on that. Punish more severely those that obtain guns illegally and the entity that is providing the guns to them.

I think we can agree on that. Punish more severely those that obtain guns illegally and the entity that is providing the guns to them.

Why mess with the source? You have both the gun and the perp who illegally possessed it - remove them both from society. Once the demand for illegal guns drops so too will the supply.

Why mess with the source? You have both the gun and the perp who illegally possessed it - remove them both from society. Once the demand for illegal guns drops so too will the supply.

Hopefully (yeah, I know) he's referring to the straw purchaser, not the FFL.

Hopefully (yeah, I know) he's referring to the straw purchaser, not the FFL.

There are often many folks between the initial FFL dealer purchaser and the ultimate illegal gun possessor/user. The killer of Kathryn (Kate?) Steinle claimed that he 'found' the (stolen?) gun. The only charge that stuck, in that bizarre case, was illegal gun possession.

It is a nice start.

and

1. Why exactly? How is that better than the current system?

Back
Top Bottom