• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatens to wreak havoc on GOP from beyond the White House

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

11/22/20
President Donald Trump has spent the three weeks since he lost the election savaging a pair of GOP governors for not backing his claims he was robbed. Republicans are worried it’s just the start of what’s in store from the soon-to-be-former president. Trump’s attacks on Govs. Brian Kemp of Georgia and Mike DeWine Ohio — both of whom are up for reelection in 2022 — has led to broader concerns within the party that he will use his post-presidency to exact revenge on perceived enemies and insert himself into races in ways that are not helpful. “The president’s jabs at Govs. Kemp and DeWine could invite primaries, and that’s exactly the chatter he wants to start,” said Republican strategist Mike DuHaime, who oversaw Chris Christie’s successful New Jersey gubernatorial campaigns. “The power the president holds over elected Republicans is due to his strength among GOP primary voters in every state and district right now. He may be able to make or break candidates in GOP primaries for years to come,” added DuHaime, who formerly served as a senior adviser to the Republican Governors Association. Trump lashed out at DeWine after the governor’s appearance on CNN on Nov. 15, when the Ohio Republican called Joe Biden the president-elect and said that for “the country’s sake it’s important for a normal transition to start.” Trump responded on Twitter, writing: “Who will be running for Governor of the Great State of Ohio? Will be hotly contested!”

The president has repeatedly gone after Kemp, imploring him to intervene to stop what Trump has baselessly claimed are irregularities in the state’s vote count. Trump complained on Twitter that “the whole process is very unfair and close to meaningless,” adding: "Where is @BrianKempGA?" Trump allies have joined the pile-on. Fox News host Sean Hannity said Kemp is “cowering in fear,” and Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz accused the governor of failing to ensure the integrity of the election. Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, meanwhile, devoted part of his podcast on Thursday to blasting Kemp. Trump’s influence in Republican primaries could extend beyond Georgia and Ohio. He has already vowed to campaign against Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, a sometime Trump critic who said in June that she was “struggling” with the question of whether she supported Trump. It’s an open question how involved Trump will get in future Republican primaries. People close to the president say he’s keenly interested in down-ballot races, and they expect him to play a kingmaker role. Former Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) was skeptical that Trump would target Kemp. But who knows, he said. “The president,” Westmoreland said, “is pretty unpredictable.”

Republicans have created and nourished a Frankenstein monster that will be interfering in their elections going forward.

I think Trump is over-estimating the power he's going to have after January 20. When you are the sitting (or standing) president, your words carry a lot of weight. But when you're a former president--well, things aren't quite the same.

Once Trump is physically out of the White House I don't give a shit what he and the GOP do. I hope he burns the party to the ground.

Republicans have created and nourished a Frankenstein monster that will be interfering in their elections going forward.
Trump will try to wreck havoc from beyond the presidency. He will try hard. But after he is gone there is less reason for his enablers to help him out. Without his enablers it will be increasingly difficult for him to be heard.

And all his supporters may tune in on a different station. The policy will be made in Washington and this will be reported in the normal news media. He is going to have a hard time to be heard. Especially now that FOX seems to be less patient with Trump.

Joey

I think Trump is over-estimating the power he's going to have after January 20. When you are the sitting (or standing) president, your words carry a lot of weight. But when you're a former president--well, things aren't quite the same.
You could be right but you may be confusing what power he may have with the party per se versus what power he has with the millions of Trumpers who have already shown they will believe anything he says, turn on a dime and oppose anyone and anything trump points his stubby little fingers at. That if anything will be his lasting power.

And yet when you look at the numbers he has many righties that support him.

My guess is that he'll keep having ego rallies. At those rallies, he'll keep feeding his loyalists the bullshit that they crave.

Don't worry. Trump WILL wreak havoc on the GOP...and the Dems, as well...after he leaves the WH.

He has much more than 70 million supporters...most of the Reps, but a lot of Dems and Inds, as well. He will be a kingmaker like you've never seen before. HIS candidate will be President in 2025. HIS Congressmen will be in office.

(And the Uniparty knows this. That's why they are working so hard to protect their election fraud methods. It's their only hope.)

Don't worry. Trump WILL wreak havoc on the GOP...and the Dems, as well...after he leaves the WH.

He has much more than 70 million supporters...most of the Reps, but a lot of Dems and Inds, as well. He will be a kingmaker like you've never seen before. HIS candidate will be President in 2025. HIS Congressmen will be in office.

(And the Uniparty knows this. That's why they are working so hard to protect their election fraud methods. It's their only hope.)

LOL at election fraud methods, what conspiracy websites do you go to?

LOL at election fraud methods, what conspiracy websites do you go to?
None. I try to stay away from the mainstream media as much as I can.

But hey...if you think I'm wrong with the contentions I presented, I invite you to dispute me. (but please...leave the snark and nonsense out of it...try to raise your level of discourse, eh?)

here we go.

if you didn't know this you're a bigger dumb ass than you were as a previous dumb ass.

None. I try to stay away from the mainstream media as much as I can.

But hey...if you think I'm wrong with the contentions I presented, I invite you to dispute me. (but please...leave the snark and nonsense out of it...try to raise your level of discourse, eh?)

Nah, you can’t debate with someone who thinks a majority of our media is fake because he doesn’t agree with it.

Nah, you can’t debate with someone who thinks a majority of our media is fake because he doesn’t agree with it.
The globalist Deep state is already reaching for your throat from you bathroom sink, and has a dagger pointed toward your heart from your sock drawer. Be vigilant and grab your wallet. Your saviors need your help. Call 1-800-MAGAISKING right now!

Back
Top Bottom