• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatens more war crimes.

"But Trump's rhetoric alarmed congressional leaders who worry that he has been making erratic decisions devoid of grand strategy and without wise counsel."

I wonder if these congressional leaders were "alarmed" when Trump said we should ban Muslims, kill the families of terrorists, nuke hurricanes and build moats filled with alligators. And why do I have a feeling that these "alarmed" congressional leaders are Republicans who are too terrified to speak up for rationality?

I hope he does it. This normalizing of behavior is insane.

"BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT, HE JUST SAID HE'D DO IT!"

This is unacceptable rhetoric that is designed explicitly to normalize the president acting in a manner that would have ended the political career of literally anyone else.

And anyone who defends this with the grotesque commentary above, is complicit in these war crimes if comitted, and complicit in desensitizing the public to this grotesque, sickening, and horrific rhetoric.

Ummmmmmmm, what war crimes has he committed? With you guys it is always about Trump might do this, could do that, possibly did this. That's all you've ever got. Trump's never actually done even one of the things you accuse him of.

Right on queue, another right wing propaganda line. Just as I said. It's all designed to normalize it for people like MR here.

This is a sickening display of truly prolific sadness.

What a ****ing JOKE.

"But Trump's rhetoric alarmed congressional leaders who worry that he has been making erratic decisions devoid of grand strategy and without wise counsel."

I wonder if these congressional leaders were "alarmed" when Trump said we should ban Muslims, kill the families of terrorists, nuke hurricanes and build moats filled with alligators. And why do I have a feeling that these "alarmed" congressional leaders are Republicans who are too terrified to speak up for rationality?

See above. This is all about normalizing unacceptable behavior, which is designed to continue to dehumanize people and desensitize americans to the point they will accept this sort of activity. Let none of them fool you; this is an overt threat. He would do it.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet he would actually nuke Tehran.

Ummmmmmmm, what war crimes has he committed? With you guys it is always about Trump might do this, could do that, possibly did this. That's all you've ever got. Trump's never actually done even one of the things you accuse him of.

:lamo "He just keeps threatening war crimes but never follows through on any of them! What's the big deal guys!?"

Right on queue, another right wing propaganda line. Just as I said. It's all designed to normalize it for people like MR here.

This is a sickening display of truly prolific sadness.

What a ****ing JOKE.

What war crimes has he committed?

What war crimes has he committed?

^^^^^Normalizing of activity and behavior that is unacceptable, designed to desensitize the public to the actions of the POTUS and continue to push the overton window so it -is- accepted to commit a war crime.

Like I said, MR, I don't give a **** about your angle shooting and gamesmanship here.

You and I both know if Obama had done this, he'd have been destroyed for it.

Trumpkult45 hedonists are obsessed with assuaging the dear leader, as you are, and are obsessed with endlessly angle shooting and endlessly deflecting.

Inb4 "so he didn't commit a crime" I'll ask - what use is free speech if you do not think that speech can impact the choices and beliefs of others?

Truly sad to see how far into the abyss someone like you is willing to go for the dear leader.

Hopefully we can get a handle on this before it blows up. Trump has never been good with international diplomacy, and his tweets following our strike have shown just that. We really need to get a handle on this because it can go south real quick if not.

We need to accept that many Republican voters are just like Trump.

We're fighting 30 years of Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity indoctrination.

The OP did not claim he committed any. Poor reading comprehension on your part?

Trump is striking at the core of military discipline, good order, national security and the national defense.

It's guaranteed military chiefs and commanders across the armed forces globally are aghast at this Trump rhetoric that is bellicose, belligerent, restated and impudent toward the the 1954 Hague Convention on Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict, which the Senate approved in September 2008, and to the UCMJ that incorporates the treaty. This includes retired flag officers who have their own private association where active duty chiefs and commanders mingle regularly.

Trump is using his legal power as CinC to rhetorically challenge directly the military, its codes, ethics, standards, and he only doubles down on it. Consequently, forseeably and predictably, armed forces chiefs and commanders will obey all legal orders from Trump until the one destructive order too many comes that is determined to be illegal. Trump best not issue any such illegal order as to bomb cultural and historic sites that have a zero military value of the moment.

It is after all the recipient of the order who determines the nature of the order given to him or her. For instance, when two generals and an admiral concur a particular order is illegal and/or unethical under the UCMJ and, thereby, the Constitution. And, further, when virtually all the chiefs and commanders also concur. Plus the association of retired flag officers support the concurrences.

This is indeed where Trump is going with this bombastic rhetoric of committing war crimes.

^^^^^Normalizing of activity and behavior that is unacceptable, designed to desensitize the public to the actions of the POTUS and continue to push the overton window so it -is- accepted to commit a war crime.

Like I said, MR, I don't give a **** about your angle shooting and gamesmanship here.

You and I both know if Obama had done this, he'd have been destroyed for it.

Trumpkult45 hedonists are obsessed with assuaging the dear leader, as you are, and are obsessed with endlessly angle shooting and endlessly deflecting.

Inb4 "so he didn't commit a crime" I'll ask - what use is free speech if you do not think that speech can impact the choices and beliefs of others?

Truly sad to see how far into the abyss someone like you is willing to go for the dear leader.

What war crimes has he committed? Remember, whataboutism is not allowed on DP.

The OP did not claim he committed any. Poor reading comprehension on your part?

Ah, so you admit that Trump has committed no war crimes. Was that really so difficult?

The military should refuse illegal orders.

Ah, so you admit that Trump has committed no war crimes. Was that really so difficult?

Again, who claimed he did? Looks like you've been arguing against your own strawman.

So...when Trump himself says he will hit cultural sites, should folks believe him, or not? Because you're either saying he's a liar, or he's threatening war crimes. One or the other, which is it?

The military should refuse illegal orders.

Must refuse.

It is mandatory under the Uniform Code of Military Justice under the Constitution the armed forces take an oath to.

If you're a general or an admiral, you report it to other generals and admirals alike regardless of whether you are Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force (Coast Guard).

Refuse the illegal order immediately and report it immediately.

Back
Top Bottom