• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatens more war crimes.

Okay, I missed that in his OP. I see it in the subject line now.

He is threatening war crimes. He hasn't committed them.

Yet.

Like I said, it’s meaningless bluster.

Until he actually does something, getting worked up is counterproductive

I wish I could agree with that completely. Threats in my lifetime were always supposed to be taken seriously. And I don't care to read the POTUS threatening to commit war crimes. That isn't my thing. So as long as he continues to do it, I for one will continue to criticize it.

So in other words meaningless bluster from an idiot, not a war crime.

Your post, yes.

I was going to be more polite but since you're quite up front about I'll just go ahead and confirm it.

As for Trump he'll consider himself a failure if he does't get to please his Fanboy Base with the war crimes they lust for against the people they hate

Trump's wildman statements about bombing Irian cultural sites goes beyond the pale for the Joint Chiefs and all commanders across all the services globally.

It may be their red line concerning Trump.

The illegal order that puts the Pentagon at direct odds against Trump.

07/01/2020 | Updated 7 minutes ago

Pentagon Contradicts Trump, Says U.S. Won't Strike Iran's Cultural Sites

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said America would "follow the laws of armed conflict" if tensions with Iran escalate.

“We will follow the laws of armed conflict,” Esper said during a news conference at the Pentagon on Monday, according to The New York Times. In response to a question from a reporter, Esper agreed that such rules barred the targeting of cultural sites.

His comments come amid an international outcry over the plan, first touted (and then repeated) in a series of tweets by Trump this weekend. The president said on Saturday that the U.S. had selected 52 sites to target in Iran should the country attack any American assets, including some sites that “at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture.”

Trump’s calls that cultural sites be targeted also prompted international rebukes as many noted it would constitute a war crime under international law. But despite that criticism, Trump reiterated his pledges in remarks to reporters on Sunday.

HuffPost is now part of Verizon Media

Putin-Trump Rowers can say Esper must resign if he cannot execute the orders of the Potus/CinC yet any such argument ignores or dismisses the oath to the Constitution which is the law of the land. The oath is to no one person or party. Trump last year spent significant time focusing on degrading the armed forces with his pardons and the like. Trump's risk is that he's pushing hard against some hard guys who definitely draw the line when their oath is being shredded no matter who it is that's trying to shred it.

That's on Moscow Mitch and the Republicans.

Under the Senate rules House Managers can call witnesses. The Chief as presiding officer would rule on this. MM would have to get the rules changed to negate this, or call a vote to override a ruling by the Chief MM doesn't approve of, ne c'est pas.

Pelosi will anyhow continue to run the show by her grandfather clock.

<n'est ce pas?> ;) (Pedant alert).

Weird how words suddenly don’t matter when the president is a republican

Weird how words suddenly don’t matter when the president is a republican

Weird how actual actions have always mattered more than words, especially when dealing with a man who blusters hysterically approximately 99.9% of the time.

Weird how desperate people on the left have been to try and draw an equivalence between the US and Iran

Weird how actual actions have always mattered more than words, especially when dealing with a man who blusters hysterically approximately 99.9% of the time.

Weird how desperate people on the left have been to try and draw an equivalence between the US and Iran

What equivalence is that?

Back
Top Bottom