• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump thinks Tim Kaine did a terrible job as governor — of New Jersey

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
“Her running mate Tim Kaine, who by the way did a terrible job in New Jersey — first act he did in New Jersey was ask for a $4 billion tax increase and he was not very popular in New Jersey and he still isn’t,” Trump told a press conference in Doral, Fla.

I have only one question. How in the world could Trump have confused Tim Kaine with Jabba the Hut? :mrgreen:

Article is here.

How many people who defended Obama and his 57 state visit comment are going to pounce on this and vice versa?

How many people who defended Obama and his 57 state visit comment are going to pounce on this and vice versa?

Most excellent question.:peace

I'm sure he was thinking of Bridgegate Christie! :lamo

Actually, it was Thomas Keane who was governor of New Jersey at the time, but I just couldn't resist using a little artistic license in order to come up with a joke. LOL.

Reporters corrected him and Trump acknowledged the gaffe.

“What? I mean Virginia,” Trump said.

Mystery solved

Reporters corrected him and Trump acknowledged the gaffe.

“What? I mean Virginia,” Trump said.

Yeah the two states are so much alike. LOL

You talk as though you think it was a gaffe.

No, Trump knew exactly what he was saying.
He may be clueless about facts, but he doesn't need any.
What he is good at, is baffling you with bull**** until something sticks. In the meantime, he has your attention.
Now... all media talks about Trump yet again.

This reminds me of when I get my kids names mixed up. It has a name, a fair number of people do it. I think it means we like those people that we confuse...something like that.

I have only one question. How in the world could Trump have confused Tim Kaine with Jabba the Hut? :mrgreen:

Article is here.

I heard the speech live this morning and kept wondering who the heck did he think he was talking about? Also of note about the press conference is how wheezy Trump came off. He was eating the mic which made audible each breath he took making him sound like he was winded and exhausted. He was more thin skinned and whiny that usual as well.

I predict he will have a heart attack at some point. He has all the indicators: Overweight and sedentary physique (Yeah his tailored suits hide it but I can see it) , Type A personality type, stresses easily, etc. etc.

Campaigns are like running a marathon with wind sprints. Not good for a guy like that.

I predict he will have a heart attack at some point. He has all the indicators: Overweight and sedentary physique (Yeah his tailored suits hide it but I can see it) , Type A personality type, stresses easily, etc. etc.

Campaigns are like running a marathon with wind sprints. Not good for a guy like that.

So long as you dont replace "predict" with "wish" you are good...

yes yes the 57 state comment....

But what is this... Trumps 30th "57 state comment"?

even the 4 billion in new taxes thing is a lie. He can't even lie about the right people

Article is here.

He stands up and answers questions for over an hour... Not scripted questions as the Demokrat gets, and makes a minor error.

Criminal Hillary... she hasn't done a news conference in 236-days... Wonder why?

Has anyone you know ever made an error about their religion? Obama has... Or hasn't. He said he was a Muslim. I don't know anyone who has made an error of that magnitude. One which reveals your deepest beliefs. It's an odd one, perhaps a Freudian, perhaps not. Who knows. Only Obama and his wife really know.

I heard the speech live this morning and kept wondering who the heck did he think he was talking about? Also of note about the press conference is how wheezy Trump came off. He was eating the mic which made audible each breath he took making him sound like he was winded and exhausted. He was more thin skinned and whiny that usual as well.

ROTFLOL... I think your comments reveal who is thin skinned and whiny.

Obama has a record now, and it's beyond awful... and Criminal Hillary is corrupt to the core.

Trump eviscerated Obama and Criminal Hillary, and made fun of the press and their one-sidedness. All 3 are easy targets, and unlike previous R's who cowered... Trump is going right after their massive and numerous weaknesses.

Get used to it. These folks and their Demokrat party deserve what they're getting.

It's fun to watch, and just as much fun watching it all be verified by the DNC's own internals.

Hmmm....What are your assessments of Her Thighness I wonder, ol miss cankles herself, she gonna make it till November in those awesome pantsuits? :lamo

How many people who pounced on Obama and his 57 state visit comment are going to pounce on Trump for this? My guess is, probably none.

This reminds me of when I get my kids names mixed up. It has a name, a fair number of people do it. I think it means we like those people that we confuse...something like that.

New Jersey, Virginia...same diff.

To be fair to Trump it wouldn't matter where Kaine governed. He would of said Kaine did a terrible job simply because they are opponents. This is a guy who at most has a surface knowledge of anything he talks about so we shouldn't expect much.

Article is here.

Doesn't much matter he got the state wrong, but of course the $4 billion in taxes is at least intentionally misleading (aka a lie), double counting some road funding proposals, and he's so unpopular that after being governor was elected to the Senate. FWIW as of Nov. had an approval/disapprove rating of 53/25 which isn't among the best, but still pretty solid. Trump's approval rating is roughly 36/59.

How many people who pounced on Obama and his 57 state visit comment are going to pounce on Trump for this? My guess is, probably none.

Me!

I've come to the sad realization that each and every day between now and when the election happens, I'm going to have to see that asshole utter yet another moronic thing. And it's not only going to remove a day from my life expectancy, it's going to make me cry like a baby that John Kasich didn't get the nomination.

For the love of all that's good and holy, if you're going to insult the man, make sure you know what ****ing state he's the governor of, and don't confuse him with a guy who hasn't been governor of another state since you were married to Marla Maples. This man is colossally unprepared to be President.

Back
Top Bottom