• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump the Russian Asset

It wont let me read it, wants me to subscribe.

I am sorry. I think they let you get a few free reads each month. I guess I had not exceeded by limit. I wish I knew a trick to allow you to read it but i am not that computer savvy. Its all I can do to type the words in the right space each day.

How the geopolitical environment processes information is not the point at issue. A POTUS's first job is doing right by the American citizens who elected him. It says much that the left thinks the first priority of any POTUS is to please the rest of the world. This isn't about being liked. It's about putting our interests first. No wonder you're confused. Then again, globalists never understand putting their country first and, in fact, find it to be distasteful.

So what. trump is lying yet again and surely doesn't know history or wouldn't look so foolish and stupid when he opens his mouth

on the subject. Most subjects in fact.

The Afghan and French references were and remain totally ridiculous prima facie.

You mean the war in Afghanistan? What lie was used to start that one? Why did every Democrat but one vote to authorize the use of force there?

The Taliban had absolutely nothing whatever to do with 9/11. OBL was not even an unindicted co-conspirator by the FBI.

So why start a 17 year $trillion war there ?

The right in the US never saw a war they didn't love or couldn't start, loves war profits as long as somebody else does the fighting.

As usual for the right, the left were already being charged with treason just for their opposition to Bush and never voted for the 17 years of

complete incompetence and corruption in Afghan.

This is hyperbolic nonsense. Trump hasn't done a thing for Russia. Claims to the contrary are simply the result of delusional Trump hate. Leaving Syria isn't about Russia. It's about getting us out of a quagmire where nobody knows who the good guys are, or if there are any good guys. Certainly the "rebels" we were arming are no friends of democracy in most cases. They are simply opponents of Assad and we operate on the knee jerk assumption that all dictators need to be removed. You'd think after Iraq and Libya, we'd have learned our lesson.

Oh, and there is no rift with our allies. Besides, where are they going to go for protection if not the US? This mania about Russia is like a case of mass schizophrenia all the more sad because its been manufactured out of whole cloth, at least in regard to Trump's supposed part in it. The real threat, the real danger to the US going forward is the country with an economy ten times bigger than Russia's and the one that is aggressively challenging us economically as well as stealing our industrial secrets on a large scale. It is China. Remember them?

100% partisan rant. Obama couldn't say or do anything without right wing cries and for 8 years they said...proved he was weak.

Partisan hypocrisy.

It was Obama this and Obama that constantly for 8 years and even a tan suit was unpresidential.

So now we have a clown possible traitor who throws his own intel agencies under the bus.

Talk about mass hysteria ??

The Taliban had absolutely nothing whatever to do with 9/11. OBL was not even an unindicted co-conspirator by the FBI.

So why start a 17 year $trillion war there ?

The right in the US never saw a war they didn't love or couldn't start, loves war profits as long as somebody else does the fighting.

As usual for the right, the left were already being charged with treason just for their opposition to Bush and never voted for the 17 years of

complete incompetence and corruption in Afghan.

The Taliban was harboring al-qaeda and OBL was known to be in the region. Having the war turn into a 17 year nation building exercise isn't something anybody should want or support. I certainly do not. In fact, I don't support any war that cannot be justified and which has no exit strategy. I also have posted at length on the stupidity and folly of the Iraq war. As for Afghanistan, the Dems did indeed support the original attack as they all voted for it. Now, they want to stay in Syria only because Trump wants to leave. They cheered mightily for Obama's troop pullout from Iraq. In the end, it's all about Trump.

Excellent column by Max Boot listing 18 reasons why it is fair and right to conclude that Donald Trump is a Russian asset.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.ae5bcef8f71a

Every American needs to read this.

He is not alone. Malcolm Nance, an expert in national security and terrorism, has said loudly that Trump is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vladimir Putin and Russia.

Once he lied to the American people during his campaign, he was compromised. He lied about his connections with the Russians, so that is who he was compromised with, and susceptible to being blackmailed, etc.

Luckily Putin is too honest to take advantage of such an opportunity.

100% partisan rant. Obama couldn't say or do anything without right wing cries and for 8 years they said...proved he was weak.

Partisan hypocrisy.

It was Obama this and Obama that constantly for 8 years and even a tan suit was unpresidential.

So now we have a clown possible traitor who throws his own intel agencies under the bus.

Talk about mass hysteria ??

Obama was a weakling but we're supposed to think otherwise because the years long search for OBL bore fruit under his watch. Only the Obama partisans believe such things. The "evidence" put forward for Trump being a "traitor" or "Russian asset" are so incredibly weak as to be a subject for laughter except that the Dems are serious. So, while all rational people see it for what it is, we still have to keep the deranged left from wreaking too much havoc trying to satisfy their TDS. Sadly, that's been the case for over two years now.

Obama was a weakling but we're supposed to think otherwise because the years long search for OBL bore fruit under his watch. Only the Obama partisans believe such things. The "evidence" put forward for Trump being a "traitor" or "Russian asset" are so incredibly weak as to be a subject for laughter except that the Dems are serious. So, while all rational people see it for what it is, we still have to keep the deranged left from wreaking too much havoc trying to satisfy their TDS. Sadly, that's been the case for over two years now.

There is a lot more evidence for Trump to be a Russian asset than amount of evidence behind most of Trump's statements he spews out all the time.

Wow, I'm impressed. I'm surprised you didn't drag this down to the basement like a few others have done when I was beating them like rented mules.:lol:

You're trying very hard, I see.

I think he's trying to make a jocular reference to the name of the author of the article in the OP. "Das Boot" is a gripping German movie about a u-boat and it's crew. Lacking any substantive argument, it inserts a touch of antisemitic xenophobia to misrepresenting the conservative Jew Boot as a "commie"

Some republicans just can't resist throwing a dog whistle into their comments.

I intentionally designed the post to reflect that the prior position of being intellectually curious, et al, would coincide with the former option of the last sentence, being anti-Trump. While the latter position of allowing others to think for you, correlates to the latter option of the final sentence of being pro-Trump.

As a conservative myself, I tend to believe that there are plenty of intellectually curious people on both sides of the ideological divide. I've met a great many progressives who are intellectually curious. I'm very close with a great number of conservatives who are equally the same. The break tends to largely fall on the line of whether government is the solution to most given problems, or if it is more of the cause, by and large.

Well we know the answer to that question. Ronald Reagan told us decades ago. Government is not the solution to your problems, government is the problem. And boy has the right run with that ever since.

Back
Top Bottom