• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump the Racist

JackA

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trump has revealed himself as an unabashed racist. It's what he is. Nothing he says now can undo that and make him what he isn't. The bigotry comes through even in a prepared text. Last night he closed his speech with this striking tid bit of condescension: "And we will take care of our Afro Americans". Apologies and "getting on script", as Mitch McConnell is advising, would only put the mask back on the real face we've all seen.

What is a racist? I still don't understand how the Trumpsters can deny Trumps racism. It must be a definition thing.

The left throws "racists" around so much it's lost its meaning.

Trump has revealed himself as an unabashed racist. It's what he is. Nothing he says now can undo that and make him what he isn't. The bigotry comes through even in a prepared text. Last night he closed his speech with this striking tid bit of condescension: "And we will take care of our Afro Americans". Apologies and "getting on script", as Mitch McConnell is advising, would only put the mask back on the real face we've all seen.

We know, we know, we read it every day. I can't keep up with all the Trump is a racist threads.
Look around, join in some other Trump bashing threads. Trump is a clown. Good.
We know it already. Geez, why does everyone need their own Trump is a racist thread.

What is a racist? I still don't understand how the Trumpsters can deny Trumps racism. It must be a definition thing.

To me a "racist" or maybe the term more accurately should be someone who is prejudice, who judges an entire group of like people in a deragatory manner. Like Trump saying most Mexicans are rapists, that's not cool. They can deny what Trump if but is Obama said white people are hillbilly rednecks, you know they would blast him as a racist to no end. It's only people who are blind and partisan that won't admit what their side is and instead says silly things like well the other side throws it around so much it lost its meaning. No it hasn't.

I think you've got it the other way around. Donald Trump himself is probably not a racist. He is a classical narcissistic sociopath who doesn't care one bit about other people's ethnic (or any) attributes. But he is pushing all the right buttons in his populist "messaging" - talking straight to the xenophobic prejudice of many "Trumpsters".

To me a "racist" or maybe the term more accurately should be someone who is prejudice, who judges an entire group of like people in a deragatory manner. Like Trump saying most Mexicans are rapists, that's not cool. They can deny what Trump if but is Obama said white people are hillbilly rednecks, you know they would blast him as a racist to no end. It's only people who are blind and partisan that won't admit what their side is and instead says silly things like well the other side throws it around so much it lost its meaning. No it hasn't.

Actually a racist is someone who thinks other races are less than theirs. Other races are lower in some characteristic way. In the political world a racist is someone who says anything but nice wonderful things about other races.

Just to level set, is LaRaza a racist organization?

We know, we know, we read it every day. I can't keep up with all the Trump is a racist threads.
We know it already. Geez, why does everyone need their own Trump is a racist thread.

Maybe because more and more people are seeing him for what he really is.

I agree that ship has sailed. From here it is simply a matter of watching his sycophants support his racist outbursts and observing the rest of the GOP put their spin on the remarks to try watering down the impact. I'm sure the rest of us will simply shake our heads at the nomination of such a buffoon.

Fair point. The thread was prompted by two items in today's news - McConnell's apology advice (same make believe we are hearing from other Republicans) and Trump's remark in last night's teleprompter speech.

Last edited:
I see trump picking a woman of color for VP. That would make for some interesting threads here.

Just to level set, is LaRaza a racist organization?

I don't believe so simply because I place a value and a difference between a group that tries to promote individuals from within an underserved demographic as compared to groups or individuals that attempt to denigrate specific demographics.

I see trump picking a woman of color for VP. That would make for some interesting threads here.

Manafort already noted that such is almost certainly not going to be the case - neither female nor a minority - because that would be viewed as "pandering."

The left throws "racists" around so much it's lost its meaning.

What do you think it means? Do you think the term "bigot" would be more applicable to Trump?

Actually a racist is someone who thinks other races are less than theirs. Other races are lower in some characteristic way. In the political world a racist is someone who says anything but nice wonderful things about other races.

The thing is, I am technically white, however some white people don't see me as white and treat me differently. It's almost like they are being racist but since I am white like them, it really can't be racist. Yet they judge me based on my nationality in a racist manner.

Come on, they're are plenty of reasons to support border control but when you fall back on saying a nation is mostly rapists thats not just not saying wonderful things, it's offensive and in some ways, racist.

The thing is, I am technically white, however some white people don't see me as white and treat me differently. It's almost like they are being racist but since I am white like them, it really can't be racist. Yet they judge me based on my nationality in a racist manner.

Come on, they're are plenty of reasons to support border control but when you fall back on saying a nation is mostly rapists thats not just not saying wonderful things, it's offensive and in some ways, racist.

He's exaggerating, but I'm sure there are criminals amongst those entering; and they are all law breakers, because they are entering illegally.

Still waiting to see where Trump ever said that. That's a fiction spun by the desperate and bought by the gullible.

He called an American judge a Mexican and said he cannot do his job because of his Mexican heritage. Like me, many notable Republicans thought this is racist too. Now the Trumpsters have to define racism some other way than the obvious to make Trump not one. Now tell me, what is racism and why isn't the Donald racist?
And why don't you tell us why you think he is one.

And repeating the same lie over and over again, while not racist, does become offensive after all.

He's exaggerating, but I'm sure there are criminals amongst those entering; and they are all law breakers, because they are entering illegally.

Amongst???

They are all criminals by entering, and remain criminals during their entire stay by forging SS cards and working illegally.

He called an American judge a Mexican and said he cannot do his job because of his Mexican heritage. Like me, many notable Republicans thought this is racist too. Now the Trumpsters have to define racism some other way than the obvious to make Trump not one. Now tell me, what is racism and why isn't the Donald racist?

Mexicans hate him - would you say that's an accurate statement? Is it racist to call someone on their nationality? You have still failed to show racism. Tell us, when did you stop beating your wife? You see how that works?

Back
Top Bottom