• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump the Commander-in-Chief

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
“.....Trump told his new chief of staff, John Kelly—like Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general—about his vision for Independence Day. “Look, I don’t want any wounded guys in the parade,” Trump said. “This doesn’t look good for me.” He explained with distaste that at the Bastille Day parade there had been several formations of injured veterans, including wheelchair-bound soldiers who had lost limbs in battle.

Kelly could not believe what he was hearing. “Those are the heroes,” he told Trump. “In our society, there’s only one group of people who are more heroic than they are—and they are buried over in Arlington.” Kelly did not mention that his own son Robert, a lieutenant killed in action in Afghanistan, was among the dead interred there.

“I don’t want them,” Trump repeated. “It doesn’t look good for me.”

Look......he's a sociopath. His supporters love it. They'll say it's just made up by a Trump-hater, nevermind that an utterly corrupt criminal who initially attracted people is always going to leave a trail of ****ed-over people with something to say (or, if mafia, bodies; someone gonna Hillary's Body Count this?)

At this point, the only revelations that'll shock me are things like that he drowned puppies in the toilet, but that'd simply be because of the effort involved.

“.....Trump told his new chief of staff, John Kelly—like Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general—about his vision for Independence Day. “Look, I don’t want any wounded guys in the parade,” Trump said. “This doesn’t look good for me.” He explained with distaste that at the Bastille Day parade there had been several formations of injured veterans, including wheelchair-bound soldiers who had lost limbs in battle.

Kelly could not believe what he was hearing. “Those are the heroes,” he told Trump. “In our society, there’s only one group of people who are more heroic than they are—and they are buried over in Arlington.” Kelly did not mention that his own son Robert, a lieutenant killed in action in Afghanistan, was among the dead interred there.

“I don’t want them,” Trump repeated. “It doesn’t look good for me.”

It's really hard to imagine how powerful Fox News is to get anybody in the military to support Trump despite scandals like this which would surely sink any Democrat.

Trump has his followers totally conned. In their minds, he can do no wrong. And everything he says is 'true,' no matter how outrageous, no matter how baseless, no matter a complete lack of supporting evidence. (primary example is The Big Lie.)

And if he says something totally bizarre, classless, wrong or embarrassing, they just look the other way and pretend it never happened.

It's really hard to imagine how powerful Fox News is to get anybody in the military to support Trump despite scandals like this which would surely sink any Democrat.

Trump has his followers totally conned. In their minds, he can do no wrong. And everything he says is 'true,' no matter how outrageous, no matter how baseless, no matter a complete lack of supporting evidence. (primary example is The Big Lie.)

And if he says something totally bizarre, classless, wrong or embarrassing, they just look the other way and pretend it never happened.

A draft dodger who dismisses those who fought and died or were wounded. Classy guy!
BTW, don’t expect any Trump supporters to show up in this thread. Although they are deeply embarrassed by him, they are too cowardly to admit it.

Look......he's a sociopath. His supporters love it. They'll say it's just made up by a Trump-hater, nevermind that an utterly corrupt criminal who initially attracted people is always going to leave a trail of ****ed-over people with something to say (or, if mafia, bodies; someone gonna Hillary's Body Count this?)

At this point, the only revelations that'll shock me are things like that he drowned puppies in the toilet, but that'd simply be because of the effort involved.
Oh yeah. The 'Trump hater' thing.

Anyone who criticizes Trump is a 'Trump Hater,' or 'Has TDS.'

What BS.

How can any one human be above criticism?

Now he can't even be criticized?

That's ridiculous!

A functional president must answer to valid criticism. Nobody is perfect. Nobody can be right all the time. And nobody can be above criticism.

Do Trump supporters even know how pathetic this 'can't be criticized' thing comes across?

How can you rationalize with someone who puts Trump so high on a pedestal that he is above any criticism at all. Anyone who criticizes him is personally attacked instead of having their comments respectfully responded to.

That's not debating political issues. That's just attacking somebody who says something they disagree with. No knowledge of politics is even required to do that.

A draft dodger who dismisses those who fought and died or were wounded. Classy guy!
BTW, don’t expect any Trump supporters to show up in this thread. Although they are deeply embarrassed by him, they are too cowardly to admit it.
What would be the point of coming in here as a Trump supporter?

They don't defend him.

All they've got is whataboutism and personal attacks.

No sound evidence required! Facts not needed. Knowledge - dismissed.

Trump is the southern end of a northbound horse. Probably a Clydesdale or Percheron.

Back
Top Bottom