• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump tells them to vote twice?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice to test mail-in system
If they do and both votes arrive, the people doing so will have broken the law and can be indicted and convicted of voter fraud. President Trump apparently does not understand the law. I do not believe Trump believes both votes would count and is just trying to hurt mail in voting, but he will have to give out a lot of pardons if his followers do as he suggests. I often think that Trump is stupid, but he might just be uninformed. The problem is that many of his followers are as uninformed as he is and might actually be stupid enough to vote twice.

If they do and both votes arrive, the people doing so will have broken the law and can be indicted and convicted of voter fraud. President Trump apparently does not understand the law. I do not believe Trump believes both votes would count and is just trying to hurt mail in voting, but he will have to give out a lot of pardons if his followers do as he suggests. I often think that Trump is stupid, but he might just be uninformed. The problem is that many of his followers are as uninformed as he is and might actually be stupid enough to vote twice.

For a man in Trumps position to be uninformed he'd have to be stupid.

I hear he's still waiting for the Russians to find Hilary's missing emails, too. :eek: :lamo

He's convinced he's going to lose so he's doing everything he can to corrupt and discredit this election. Our president is the most dispicable man in America. :(

I posted about this right after he said it.

I think it's one of those times he heard something he thought sounded good and then garbled it when he repeated it.

Yeah, he should be arrested for promoting voter fraud.

And how can that be if the mail-in ballot was compared to the voter roll and the voter's name marked as "voted". Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
If the voter's name is marked as "voted", the voter would not be able to vote again - in person - and therefore would not even be in a position to break the law.

On the other hand, if the voter shows-up at the voting station, although having sent in a mail-in ballot previously, and he's allowed to vote, that means his mail-in ballot was either not counted, got lost "in the mail" ... or the mail-in ballot was not compared to voter rolls, which means voter fraud is facilitated by the polling station.

"... Tim Murtaugh, spokesperson for the Trump campaign, claimed the president was encouraging voters to cast their absentee ballots by mail early, and then go in person to "verify" that the vote had been counted.
"President Trump encourages supporters to vote absentee-by-mail early, and then show up in person at the polls or the local registrar to verify that their vote has already been counted," Murtaugh told NBC News. "It’s amazing that the media can go from insisting that voter fraud doesn’t exist to screaming about it when President Trump points out the giant holes in the Democrats’ voting schemes.”

President of the United States encourages voter fraud. President of the United States encourages his supporters to commit felonies. The President of the United States is running as the law and order President.

Yeah, he should be arrested for promoting voter fraud.

Next thing he's just say "Vote as many times for me illegally as you can, and I pardon myself and all voter fraud in my favor, blanket pardon" and the Trump®ets will cheer and rejoice!

And then be like 'what, he's just joking and trolling libs?' as they're scanning and printing up duplicate ballots.

Next thing he's just say "Vote as many times for me illegally as you can, and I pardon myself and all voter fraud in my favor, blanket pardon" and the Trump®ets will cheer and rejoice!

And then be like 'what, he's just joking and trolling libs?' as they're scanning and printing up duplicate ballots.

they know that they probably have to blatantly cheat to win.

How can you vote many times when your name is supposed to be checked against a voter roll and then marked as "voted"?!?

How can you vote many times when your name is supposed to be checked against a voter roll and then marked as "voted"?!?

I didn't say you were going to get away with your desperate scheming!:lamo

... "Let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote," Trump said.
Intentionally voting twice is illegal, and in many states, including North Carolina, it's a felony.
... "So send it in early and then go and vote," Trump said. "You can't let them take your vote away, these people are playing dirty politics. So if you have an absentee ballot . . . you send it in, but I'd check it, follow it and go vote."

... Attorney General William Barr was asked during a CNN interview to respond to Trump’s comments in North Carolina, particularly the suggestion that voters partake in illegal activity. Barr skirted the question, saying he didn’t know the election laws in every state. ...
[emphasis added by bubba]
our nation's AG insists he does not know that it is illegal to vote twice in a single election

Trump suggests voting twice, which is illegal

Hi,

Try to look at the bright side here mate! The only people stupid enough to listen to the Trumpet are the people voting for him. Now aside from committing a criminal offence, I believe it also renders their vote invalid. So for all I care, please let them vote twice.

Joey

That was not the context. He was serious

About whatever it is he thought he heard.
Yeah, whatever. I'll leave you and your fellow TDS clowns to whip yourselves into a frenzy

:inandout:

And how can that be if the mail-in ballot was compared to the voter roll and the voter's name marked as "voted". Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
If the voter's name is marked as "voted", the voter would not be able to vote again - in person - and therefore would not even be in a position to break the law.

On the other hand, if the voter shows-up at the voting station, although having sent in a mail-in ballot previously, and he's allowed to vote, that means his mail-in ballot was either not counted, got lost "in the mail" ... or the mail-in ballot was not compared to voter rolls, which means voter fraud is facilitated by the polling station.

"... Tim Murtaugh, spokesperson for the Trump campaign, claimed the president was encouraging voters to cast their absentee ballots by mail early, and then go in person to "verify" that the vote had been counted.
"President Trump encourages supporters to vote absentee-by-mail early, and then show up in person at the polls or the local registrar to verify that their vote has already been counted," Murtaugh told NBC News. "It’s amazing that the media can go from insisting that voter fraud doesn’t exist to screaming about it when President Trump points out the giant holes in the Democrats’ voting schemes.”

Of course it might have not been counted yet, as they expect to be the case in this election with all the mail in votes.

Another talk radio conservative narrative dismantled with a single sentence!

It's getting to the point it's not even fun any more.

Back
Top Bottom