• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump team seeks to control, block Mueller’s Russia investigation

The anonymous source who cried wolf. :lamo

Gee, how many of these anonymous sources have turned out to be completely true?

Keep whistling past the graveyard...its worked so well for you up till now....:lamo

OK, since this is another scandal that is just starting, I might as well get this out there:

r stages.jpg

He can't pardon himself.

Dictators in crappy countries can though...but not in the US.

That was an inquiry he has been reported to have made. However, anyone pardoned no longer has 5th Am. rights.

That was an inquiry he has been reported to have made. However, anyone pardoned no longer has 5th Am. rights.

Do you honestly believe Trump knows a whit about the constitution?

That's right, it doesn't. You have to actually win. Hillary, it turns out, couldn't do that, not even against a candidate as toxic as Trump.

So then we agree it's not because of who the Democrats put out as they knew the rules.

Sure. And you can gain more yards than your opponent, yet still lose the football game. You can spend more time in control of the ball, and still lose the football match. You can lead the pack for the majority of the race, and yet lose if you aren't in front at the end. You can be taller, and yet lose at Jeopardy. You can speak better English, and yet lose the chess tournament. Irrelevant measurements are irrelevant measurements.

So then, the rules are largely irrelevant to whether or not you will win. It's how the game is counted. Democrats won a popular vote, they had the will of the people. Republicans had the EC; which made who Democrats put out irrelevant even if they'd had had a better candidate.

Democrats chose a candidate so awful, she managed to lose to Trump. I realize that's a hard to admit to being ones' self.

A weak an awful candidate who ended up getting more votes and was seen as more appealing by most voters? A weaker candidate who beat her opponent by 3 million votes?

C'mon. You're better than this.

If Trump pardons everybody (but himself) and fires Mueller, Republicans will own a lawless President. They'll no longer be looking into the abyss, they will be at the bottom of that abyss.

Trump has done nothing but advertise his guilt.

Follow the money...it always does a criminal in.

Ironic that 45 is going to the commissioning on Saturday of the Gerald R. Ford who was the man responsible for Nixon's admission of guilt.

If Trump pardons everybody (but himself) and fires Mueller, Republicans will own a lawless President. They'll no longer be looking into the abyss, they will be at the bottom of that abyss.

He won't be a president, he will be a dictator.

Partisans in the base of both sides became so blinded by those who told them what they wanted to hear, they lost the ability to vet their own candidates?

And they still do, at least where the GOP is concerned.

Ironic that 45 is going to the commissioning on Saturday of the Gerald R. Ford who was the man responsible for Nixon's admission of guilt.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

And they still do, at least where the GOP is concerned.
I dunno. Witness the refusal to accept it from HRC voters on the thread.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Can he actually fire Mueller? I thought the AG had to.

I'm really not up on the process.

Would be hilarious revenge is Sessions explained that, as he had recused himself, he couldn't...

I dunno. Witness the refusal to accept it from HRC voters on the thread.

Ah interesting you didn't say supporters, because I don't think there are any left. She was a nose-holding vote at best for them. I see more people wishing Obama back rather than her.

He won't be a president, he will be a dictator.
No. To become a dictator under our system, you need a loyal Congress, and personal competence. Trump has neither.

No. To become a dictator under our system, you need a loyal Congress, and personal competence. Trump has neither.

Well if Trump got rid of the current group and put in only yes men for himself, would the base really object? No they wouldn't.

Hm I'd like to point out...Where the heck are all the Trumpsters???

Waiting for their usual talking points. And right after they say them, Trump will cut them off at their knees by proving what was said in the article.

COMEDY GOLD!!

Trump can't pardon himself...as to the 1915 Supreme Court ruling that an acceptance of pardon is an admission of guilt.

Can he actually fire Mueller? I thought the AG had to.

I'm really not up on the process.

Would be hilarious revenge is Sessions explained that, as he had recused himself, he couldn't...

Sessions cannot fire Comey since he's recused. Rosenstein has that honor. If both are fired it goes to #3 Racheal Brandt.

No...you need to quash the freedom of the press, and have a lot of very pig ignorant and utterly stupid supporters. Sound familiar?

No...you need to quash the freedom of the press, and have a lot of very pig ignorant and utterly stupid supporters. Sound familiar?
It does, but not in this country, where the press is, if anything, a bit too above-reproach.

Waiting for their usual talking points. And right after they say them, Trump will cut them off at their knees by proving what was said in the article.

COMEDY GOLD!!

At this point I think Trump's plan is to just keep talking about random stuff so that he can confuse people so they no longer care. I mean him (WH probably not really him) now saying he doesn't want to fire Sessions makes no sense. His talking about Health Care savings makes no sense. He didn't even once mention John McCain instead blamed Republicans while saying it's Democrats fault for Health Care. And that's just today! I think most of the voters stopped caring months ago because they couldn't keep up with his stupid comments.

It does, but not in this country, where the press is, if anything, a bit too above-reproach.

So...freedom of speech should be reined in?

Back
Top Bottom