• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Tax Cuts did NOT produce more jobs: STUDY

Because no one has the power to force them to do what you want. We are expecting prices of Chinese goods to increase due to Trump policies, and american manufactures to fill in the slack. Its taken 40 years to get where we are, but now that one president got elected promising to stop China from plundering our country, everyone will be jumping on that bandwagon.

A complete re arrangement of the worlds supply chain and the multinationals that run it is going to take a long time. That is the reality.

Your argument makes no sense.

No one has argued, or even suggested, that a huge corporate tax cut is a good idea as long as "they do what I want"...so why present such a ridiculous Strawman?

Everyone already knew what was going to happen with the Trump tax cuts. Everyone, that is, except for conservatives who believed (or lied) that it would created "MILLIONS" of jobs....and that it would "Pay for Itself" and even "REDUCE" deficits.......and that it would put "thousands" of dollars in the pockets of middle class Americans.

Economists everyone...even many conservative economists....predicated exactly what has happened.

And, I'm sorry, but this has ZERO to do with China and trade. That's just a dumb argument to inject into this thead.

How stupid. Statistics show that employment continues to rise and wage growth has grown faster than it had before. Now the left wants to spin that and claim that even though that is true, it didn't have anything to do with the tax cut.

Spin this: Deficits careening out of control, far beyond any previous president, economy showing signs of recession owing to tariffs, a wild and volatile stock market, etc.

as if this were the only measure of a president. It isn't, for one thing, the economy, much of it, isn't directly caused by the president. But, a president, given enough time, can muck the economy up, but it takes a couple of years of a bad policy to do it, and here I'm talking about tariffs and deficit soaring tax cuts for the rich. Talk to me round about 2020, let's see where this economy goes.

The point is, your ONLY argument for Trump is the economy, when all the veri important things about a president, his influence on the national morale, his ability to unify, his being a model for all and a inspiration for people all over the world, such things are beyond this president, who has demonstrated that his pettiness, his demeaning of the presidency, his incompetency in managing congress for legislative gains ( tax cuts are slam dunks for r dominated legislatures, and his tax cut is proved a dismal policy ) his incompetency in the hiring the "best people" department and his incompetency all around, all of these things are failures for this president.

Of course. The repatriation of $BILLIONS of US dollars invested here on the heels of the tax cuts did nothing, employment-wise.

Stupid comment.

Trump promised $4 TRILLION (not "$billions) in repatriation within the first couple of years of his tax cut. To date, there has been only about 3% of that, which most economists do not evena attribute soley to the Trump tax cut.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tax-law-has-led-to-repatriation-of-just-3-of-the-cash-he-promised-it-would

https://www.wsj.com/articles/companies-arent-all-rushing-to-repatriate-cash-1537106555

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-19/u-s-offshore-repatriated-cash-fell-almost-50-in-third-quarter

We are enjoying HISTORIC LOW UNEMPLOYMENT by chance.

Thanks Obama!

Unemployment trends have simply continued (at a slighly SLOWER pace, at that) from the Obama Recovery. When Drumpf took over, unemployment rates for African-Americans and Latinos were ALREADY right at historic low-levels. That Trump takes credit for doing nothing but not reversing that 8 year long trend....is a testament to the level of ignorance and brainwashing that exists within Trump's alt-right, fake-news base of support.

FIRST ANNUAL 35+ growth since BEFORE MOMMY PANTS, just a coincidence, too...

Not at all. It was the ENTIRELY predictable short-term "sugar high" after giving a huge tax cut to corporations and the top 1% of individuals. Economists (liberal and conservative)....as well as educated Americans everywhere....saw this coming BEFORE the President Orange Orangutan's tax cuts were enacted.

That's from May 2018. Sounds like that didn't pan out.
2018 was a month ago. :roll: We have already exceeded records for job openings created, got involuntary part timer back on the full time track, created a half-million new manufacturing jobs, set a record for fewest new jobless claims, seen year over year wage growth and household income gains. But, it's not working because Trump might get credit - that about cover it?

May 2018 was 8 months ago, but thank you for posting such obvious evidence of your lack of intellectual honesty. Trump's tax sugar high is over. We're on the downhill side of them. Goodbye.

The results are in, and they are not good news for the "tax cuts for the rich" narrative promoted by ALL Gop'ers and supply-siders...as usual.

The effect was great for corporations and shareholders...as predicted...but most CEO's report very little interest in hiring more workers and/or raising wage scales for their employees. For most, the sole focus is on investments in innovation and rewarding shareholders.

https://nabe.com/NABE/Surveys/Busin..._2019_Business_Conditions_Survey_Summary.aspx

Forbes: Why Trump's Tax Cut hasn't inspired Hiring

Finally, do any of our Gop'ers here want to discuss the effects on the deficit created by the Trump tax cut? If so, let's be prepared to compare the pre-Tax Cut arguments of the Trumpsters with the FACTS as we observe them today, ok?

Of course, none of this comes as unexpected news for most of us. This is EXACTLY what most economists argued BEFORE the Trump/GOP tax cuts were passed.

Red:
Of course, that's their focus; that's essentially what they're hired to focus on. There's not a CEO (or business owner, for that matter) in the world who's "raison d'etre" is hiring more workers.

Red:
Of course, that's their focus; that's essentially what they're hired to focus on. There's not a CEO (or business owner, for that matter) in the world who's "raison d'etre" is hiring more workers.

No doubt.

That's what liberals and most economists were saying....i.e. screaming....at republicans during the debate about the tax cut legislation.

The ONLY people in the universe arguing that CEO's would would increase wages and hire more workers with their tax cuts...rather than buy back shares, increase dividend payouts to shareholders, and invest in automation (which helps reduce payroll)....were the republican pols and pundits.

I don't blame CEO's and "rich people". That's like blaming the fox for eating up all your chickens AFTER leaving the door to the hen-house open. CEO's and "rich people" just do what they do. I blame Republicans for being wholly owned by those interests.

Beyond that, the ONLY people who actually BELIEVED the GOP's talking points about the tax cuts....were most republican voters (i.e. those angry, middle/working class "real" Americans), who are apparently STILL too ideologically blind (or just plain stupid) to figure out that Republican supply-side economics are really just a big recurring JOKE....on them.

It is a well-studied, documented FACT that tax cuts are the LEAST efficient, LEAST productive of ALL forms of economic stimulus. That so much of the populace still supports trickle-down economic theory...is just pathetic.

Last edited:
trickle down delivers again!

lucy-football.jpg

Geez.....try READING a little before spewing "stupid" rebuttals, please.

Yet again, we have a right winger commenting without reading the information provided in the OP.

Read, people!

Read!

Or, en lieu of that, just hush up and let educated grown folk carry the discussion.:roll:

That's the trouble. You lefties read what you want to read. You would fail the inkblot test because every inkblot would be interpretted as anti-Trump. You connect dots that aren't there because you want to connect the dots you want to connect.

Spin this: Deficits careening out of control, far beyond any previous president, economy showing signs of recession owing to tariffs, a wild and volatile stock market, etc.

as if this were the only measure of a president. It isn't, for one thing, the economy, much of it, isn't directly caused by the president. But, a president, given enough time, can muck the economy up, but it takes a couple of years of a bad policy to do it, and here I'm talking about tariffs and deficit soaring tax cuts for the rich. Talk to me round about 2020, let's see where this economy goes.

The point is, your ONLY argument for Trump is the economy, when all the veri important things about a president, his influence on the national morale, his ability to unify, his being a model for all and a inspiration for people all over the world, such things are beyond this president, who has demonstrated that his pettiness, his demeaning of the presidency, his incompetency in managing congress for legislative gains ( tax cuts are slam dunks for r dominated legislatures, and his tax cut is proved a dismal policy ) his incompetency in the hiring the "best people" department and his incompetency all around, all of these things are failures for this president.

Far beyond any previous president? Really? You really want to argue that? You have a short Swiss cheese memory. Do you want me to post Obama's deficits? Oh yeah, even though they were under Obama they were really GWB's deficits but Trump's deficits are Trump's deficits and not Obamas. And you want me to take you seriously?

No doubt.

That's what liberals and most economists were saying....i.e. screaming....at republicans during the debate about the tax cut legislation.

The ONLY people in the universe arguing that CEO's would would increase wages and hire more workers with their tax cuts...rather than buy back shares, increase dividend payouts to shareholders, and invest in automation (which helps reduce payroll)....were the republican pols and pundits.

I don't blame CEO's and "rich people". That's like blaming the fox for eating up all your chickens AFTER leaving the door to the hen-house open. CEO's and "rich people" just do what they do. I blame Republicans for being wholly owned by those interests.

Beyond that, the ONLY people who actually BELIEVED the GOP's talking points about the tax cuts....were most republican voters (i.e. those angry, middle/working class "real" Americans), who are apparently STILL too ideologically blind (or just plain stupid) to figure out that Republican supply-side economics are really just a big recurring JOKE....on them.

It is a well-studied, documented FACT that tax cuts are the LEAST efficient, LEAST productive of ALL forms of economic stimulus. That so much of the populace still supports trickle-down economic theory...is just pathetic.

Red:
In fairness....Applications of supply-side economic theory have their place; however, Republican doctrine on appropriateness, always, is benightedly errant.

Economies cyclically move between apexes and zeniths. So long as the economy's sequential cycling thus looks roughly like this....

spiralwave1.jpg

...the time to implement supply-side theory is when the economy is indeed headed, with regard to its sinusoidal axis, toward a "local perigee," so to speak.

If, on the other hand the economy's trajectory is modulated or decreasing....

The-amplitude-modulation-of-a-100-Hz-sine-wave-by-a-10-Hz-triangle-wave-on-a.png

reg_clip0032.png

...well, "Houston, we have a problem," most likely more than one, and the problems that need solving won't be solved by applying supply-side economic theory.

Cut the cultist bull**** and the adults make honest arguments at least until page 4.

You are aware that no one in a cult knows they're in a cult right?

My advice, don't drink the purple Kool Aid...

Back
Top Bottom