• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump taps Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court, setting up confirmation sprint

I'm tired of finding and posting answers to question for people too lazy to use the internet or too partisan to read anything except that which legitimizes their position. When there is a controversy I look up literature and statistics posted from both sides of the discussion/argument. Is there some intellectual reason you can't do the same?
So, when challenged to support your view, you deflect.

The facts are that there’s nothing which makes Kavanaugh a bad person or a bad lawyer.

So, when challenged to support your view, you deflect. The facts are that there’s nothing which makes Kavanaugh a bad person or a bad lawyer.
LOL, trying to tempt me into doing your research, too funny.

Perhaps she does deserve to be on the Supreme Court. But shouldn't we wait until after the election to decide whether to seat her? You know, to give the voters a say?
"The voters" had their say when they elected Trump and a Republican Senate majority.

They had their say in 2016.

Yes but we’ll also have our day in a few weeks and what we say this time may be radically different. If that’s your argument we should wait.

Reactions: lwf
"The voters" had their say when they elected Trump and a Republican Senate majority.

It's an election year, and looking to be a particularly divisive one. Shouldn't we wait and see if opinions have changed?

“President Trump on Saturday officially nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to fill the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat on the Supreme Court, revealing his choice at a Rose Garden ceremony and kicking off a sprint to get the conservative judge confirmed before Election Day.”

Not sure that “taps” is the appropriate word here...........
Just win thee election. record number of voters registering, you can't win if ya don't play, if everyone does then the Nation Will Win.

It's an election year, and looking to be a particularly divisive one. Shouldn't we wait and see if opinions have changed?
No. The terms of those in office are not shortened by an upcoming election.

No. The terms of those in office are not shortened by an upcoming election.

Not suggesting we shorten their terms, just that we hold off nominating a new justice until after the people have had their say on the matter in November. This is precedent, and is why Merrick Garland was not elevated to the Supreme Court, despite his qualifications.

Not suggesting we shorten their terms, just that we hold off nominating a new justice until after the people have had their say on the matter in November. This is precedent, and is why Merrick Garland was not elevated to the Supreme Court, despite his qualifications.
As I pointed out, the people had their say. And no, it's not precedent. Obama didn't have the votes in the Senate to prevail. Trump does.

No, we shouldn't. The constitution says nothing about waiting. And as Ginsberg said, a president is elected for four years. Not 3 years (or three years and 8 months).

Yes but we’ll also have our day in a few weeks and what we say this time may be radically different. If that’s your argument we should wait.

LOL, trying to tempt me into doing your research, too funny.
I asked you to tell me why you said he’s a bad person and bad lawyer. Your refusal to do so isn’t on me. Why should I research your claim?

Last edited:
I asked you to tell me why you said he’s a bad person and bad lawyer. Your refusal to do so isn’t on me.

Kavanaugh is a sexual predator who was credibly charged with that crime. He’s more of a political operateive than a jurist, and he proved that by concluding his nomination by declaring he would seek revenge against his political enemies.

BArt O’Kavanaugh was a garbage call before we found out Squee’s best friend tried to rape a woman.

Kavanaugh is a sexual predator who was credibly charged with that crime. He’s more of a political operateive than a jurist, and he proved that by concluding his nomination by declaring he would seek revenge against his political enemies.

BArt O’Kavanaugh was a garbage call before we found out Squee’s best friend tried to rape a woman.
The exusl predator

The sexual predator accusation has been proven false.

The democrats already vetted her for a seat on the 7th. After the vile shit the idiot left pulled with Kavanaugh, they ought to just take this to a floor vote.
Self-inflicted wounds - could be the proverbial "October Surprise".
So was Kavanaugh, but that didn’t stop them from making new false accusations.
Yeah, I'm sure they're busy this weekend burrowing into her life, personal and professional. I'm also seeing some Dems speculating that Feinstein isn't capable of leading the committee opposition any more. Grab your popcorn!

No, we shouldn't. The constitution says nothing about waiting. And as Ginsberg said, a president is elected for four years. Not 3 years (or three years and 8 months).

I am aware of that. My point however is that if that rationale was acceptable in 2016 it is even more acceptable now.

Trump should nominate and Barrett should get a vote just like Garland should have gotten a vote even if he was rejected. I’m merely pointing out that the McConnell is completely full of shit with rationalization and that the people who lap it up must really like the taste of shit.

I am aware of that. My point however is that if that rationale was acceptable in 2016 it is even more acceptable now.

Trump should nominate and Barrett should get a vote just like Garland should have gotten a vote even if he was rejected. I’m merely pointing out that the McConnell is completely full of shit with rationalization and that the people who lap it up must really like the taste of shit.
Trump has the votes in the Senate. Obama did not. Elections have consequences.

Trump has the votes in the Senate. Obama did not. Elections have consequences.

No doubt. My issue is that Garland should have formally been rejected.

And as I said I have no issue with Trump nominating Barrett and no issue with a vote on her. Hell she’s seems qualified and should be confirmed. My issue issue is with the the 2 facedness of Republicans in Congress.

It wasn't me that said, "How so, specifically?"
Yes that was a question I asked directed to you. It didn’t require any research on my part as I don’t know exactly what you were referring to.

So, If you refuse to explain yourself, so be it.

...Yeah, I'm sure they're busy this weekend burrowing into her life, personal and professional.....

I’m sure they’ll make something up just like they did with Kavanaugh.

I can’t wait to watch Kamala Harris grandstand during the confirmation hearing.

Kavanaugh is a sexual predator who was credibly charged with that crime....
He was not charged with a crime.

He was falsely accused by partisans, the accusations were investigated and they were determined to lack evidence and credibility.

The named witnesses Ford provided testified that they witnessed nothing nor heard anything about it then.

In fact some of the accused admitted that they fabricated the claim

But you believe in guilt by accusation.

“President Trump on Saturday officially nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to fill the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat on the Supreme Court, revealing his choice at a Rose Garden ceremony and kicking off a sprint to get the conservative judge confirmed before Election Day.”

Not sure that “taps” is the appropriate word here...........
Republicans on the court, 6, Democrats 3. Just think when Trumps wins in Nov, it will be 7-2 within the next few years. The Supreme Court will help prevent the idiot liberals running the democrat party from driving us to bankruptcy, killing jobs, wrecking the markets, getting into numerous wars,

He was not charged with a crime.

He was falsely accused by partisans, the accusations were investigated and they were determined to lack evidence and credibility.

The named witnesses Ford provided testified that they witnessed nothing nor heard anything about it then.

In fact some of the accused admitted that they fabricated the claim

But you believe in guilt by accusation.

No I believe in guilt by association with Squee.

Back
Top Bottom