• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump taps Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court, setting up confirmation sprint

The biden rule was never put into place. Mitch only used that when his half century precedence shtick was shown to be a lie.
So we should not take Biden for his word? He said if a vacancy were to occur he would confirm a nominee before an election. None did, so his words do not matter any more? Is Biden relevant at all anymore? It is his one legacy; that and the crime bill.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You got what you asked. Maybe next time you will either make an effort to know what is being discussed or you will at least have someone explain it to you.

No, I’m still waiting for you to show where in any of her court opinions or legal writings she indicated that she used her religion to come to her opinion. But don’t feel bad, no one else has been able to show it either.

Kavanaugh is deeply flawed as a person and as a lawyer. The Republicans knew this and refused to let Democrats see the body of information they held on his political, personal and professional history. Democrats were left with nothing more than the history of his high school and college exploits and grades. Letting Republicans manipulate Democrats into using that material was a mistake. It made the hearings irrelevant and the Democrats look petty. What the Democrats should have done was walk out of all the hearings and present their legitimate case against Kavanaugh to the public where he couldn't be protected by Republicans.
complete and utter oozing BS/ Kavanaugh had a great reputation for 11 years on the second highest court in the country. He was far less partisan on controversial issues than RBG

That is until the court strikes down health care and climate change legislation. You will see the tides shift.
are either constitutionally supported?

I disagree with that opinion.

I am not arguing whether or not they have the Constitutional mandate to seat a judge... they do. They are simply showing themselves to say some bullshit when it is politically expedient on one hand and some other when the opposite is true.

This action leads to a very predictable outcome if the Democrats win big in a month and a half. I don't want that outcome of packing the courts... but man oh man are they going to fight for it. And those who will raise objections will simply have to understand that they were told that this would be the response and it will escalate further and further and further.

That isn't a future that I want... but it is what is going to happen.

Mitch McConnell has done more to erode democracy and constitutional norms than any politician in recent American history. He is worse than Trump.

Ginsberg was suggested by a Republican senator and 40 out of 43 Republican senators voted to confirm her. This is how far America has fallen.

No, I’m still waiting for you to show where in any of her court opinions or legal writings she indicated that she used her religion to come to her opinion.
Hold your breath too, because that would be just as stupid. I never made the claim that she did.

Back
Top Bottom