• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump tacitly endorses baseless QAnon conspiracy theory linked to violence

He claims he saw white substance fall from Trumps nose and provided his video, that shows nothing dropped from Trumps nose. Crazy as a bat as I and sane people see him.

Something white definitely dropped from his nose. Whether it was cocaine, snot, or a bead of sweat that caught the light, I don't know.

The actual words he said, that's what I am going by. You need to quit trying to lie and learn to read what he actually said not what you want him to have said.

Reminder: Yet asked about the theory at Wednesday’s White House press briefing, the US president failed to condemn it. “I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate,” he said. “I have heard that it is gaining in popularity.”

That isn't an endorsement by any means, quit your bull****.

OC, you didnt address my post, part of which was explaining the word "tacit" to you. I've explained "tacit" to you and pointed out trumps words and (read this part slowly) lack of words so you now know that trump tacitly approved of those far right nutjobs. That just doesnt magically disappear no matter how upset it makes you. And look how you eagerly jump to "golly, the president doesnt know "much about the movement" as if that magically makes it not tacit approval. Not knowing or pretending to not know doesnt change the fact that he has tacitly endorsed and/ approved of these far right nutjobs. First you tried to deny he tacitly endorsed them. Now you're trying to make the case that he did but he's not responsible because he doesnt really know. He knows enough about them to know they like him.

For America's sake, you need to put America ahead of your cult leader.

OC, you didnt address my post, part of which was explaining the word "tacit" to you. I've explained "tacit" to you and pointed out trumps words and (read this part slowly) lack of words so you now know that trump tacitly approved of those far right nutjobs. That just doesnt magically disappear no matter how upset it makes you. And look how you eagerly jump to "golly, the president doesnt know "much about the movement" as if that magically makes it not tacit approval. Not knowing or pretending to not know doesnt change the fact that he has tacitly endorsed and/ approved of these far right nutjobs. First you tried to deny he tacitly endorsed them. Now you're trying to make the case that he did but he's not responsible because he doesnt really know. He knows enough about them to know they like him.

For America's sake, you need to put America ahead of your cult leader.

Understood or implied without being stated, yes, that is tacit. But its also entirely likely to be wrong because Trump is generally direct in his support of anything.

Tacit can be just as easily defined as "I think so, so it is", and such is the state of Orange Man Bad that you infer it without evidence.

Otherwise known as making up bull****. Damn near the only thing you excel at, Vern.

I agree, but in answer to your question, if there is a perceived benefit, they appear willing to endorse a lie.

Do you think they are recognizing that they are endorsing a lie?

I have spoken to many falks who are absolutely blinded by their hate of the President.

I think they actually BELIEVE the obvious lies in their hearts. It's really quite amazing.

In this forum, how many people have parroted the obvious lie about the number of lies told by the President? They really, really believe this lie, but, when pressed, cannot EVER list the "lies" told the previous day.

In the real world, they find no foundation for their belief, but they cling to it bitterly and perpetually.

I don't think they are endorsing a lie. I think they actually believe that the lie is true.

Well this is probably the most lazy writing that I've seen from the Guardian, in a long time.

So does this mean that whenever a democrat doesn't even address the issue of the riots. That they actively endorse the violence and bloodshed.. or are we really going to be reduced to playing this stupid ****ing game all over again?

Nice whatabout.

Now, how do you feel about a president so desperate to be re-elected that he will reach out to literally anyone who appears supportive, regardless of their outrageous behavior?

What EVIDENCE do you present?

Look at the photos of his eyes. Dilated pupils as big as saucers, slurred speech, sniffling, people witnessing him crushing up adderall and snorting it, The video of the white object falling out of his nose. Do you have another explanation for his dilated pupils? Because it's either drug use or he got hit in the head with a meat tenderizer. https://twitter.com/drgjackbrown/status/1213859770936901632?lang=en Look very closely, can you honestly say with a straight face that he is not under the influence of some narcotic? 2020-08-21_8-47-29.jpg

I watched the youtube video in slow mo and whatever it is, it comes out of his mouth, not his nose. Probably spittle.

Well that ends that nonsense, I figured it was spit

Trump tacitly endorses baseless QAnon conspiracy theory linked to violence | Donald Trump | The Guardian

[.

Actually your source states "linked to numerous attempted acts of violence"

Actually your source states "linked to numerous attempted acts of violence"

Ah, my mistake. Yes indeed there is a big difference if I stab you in the face and "attempt" to stab you in the face, that's much better. Thanks for pointing that out!

I watched the youtube video in slow mo and whatever it is, it comes out of his mouth, not his nose. Probably spittle.

I just went and watched it at 0.25 as well and I agree. You can see it in his mouth before falling.

mouth.jpg

Nice whatabout.

Now, how do you feel about a president so desperate to be re-elected that he will reach out to literally anyone who appears supportive, regardless of their outrageous behavior?

He didn't each out to them. He gave a pretty standard answer on just stating that he knows that they like him and that's about all he did.

So I don't have any issues with him saying what he said. Because as it is, Qanon isn't actually a person, or a full recognizable group.
Hell, I could just play by the left's rules and hand wave them like the left does with Antifa's, or even this current iteration of BLM committing all of this violence.

The last time I actually saw a photo of something representative of Qanon. Was a man wearing a massive Q, decorated with an American flag around his neck and that's it.

Look at the photos of his eyes. Dilated pupils as big as saucers, slurred speech, sniffling, people witnessing him crushing up adderall and snorting it, The video of the white object falling out of his nose. Do you have another explanation for his dilated pupils? Because it's either drug use or he got hit in the head with a meat tenderizer. https://twitter.com/drgjackbrown/status/1213859770936901632?lang=en Look very closely, can you honestly say with a straight face that he is not under the influence of some narcotic? View attachment 67292222

So then nothing but quack opinions and probably altered photos?

So then nothing but quack opinions and probably altered photos?

Right! :lamo The man is an addict and deep down you know that. Are his dilated pupils, sniffling and slurred speech due to a concussion playing Rugby? :lamo

He didn't reach out to them. He gave a pretty standard answer on just stating that he knows that they like him and that's about all he did.

Yeah, just about ...
Except that he stated he didn't know much about them. That's pretty much the same answer when he was given the opportunity to disavow the endorsement of David Duke and the KKK. He refused to do so.

According to you, "Qanon isn't actually a person, or a full recognizable group." And yet, the FBI has labeled them a domestic terrorism threat.

Just another group of "very fine people" that Trump embraces simply because "they like him."

Right! :lamo The man is an addict and deep down you know that. Are his dilated pupils, sniffling and slurred speech due to a concussion playing Rugby? :lamo

Are the diagnoses you put forth due the causations you site?

Ah, my mistake. Yes indeed there is a big difference if I stab you in the face and "attempt" to stab you in the face, that's much better. Thanks for pointing that out!

Bet a guy with a knife stabbed into his face could detect the difference and consider it to be big.

Yeah, just about ...
Except that he stated he didn't know much about them. That's pretty much the same answer when he was given the opportunity to disavow the endorsement of David Duke and the KKK. He refused to do so.

According to you, "Qanon isn't actually a person, or a full recognizable group." And yet, the FBI has labeled them a domestic terrorism threat.

Just another group of "very fine people" that Trump embraces simply because "they like him."

No, I've never seen anyone from QAnon even come out in person. It seems more like a randomized group, or another troll instance that more and more people are falling for. Hell, most people who do not pay too much attention. Don't even know who they are.
You're also trying to somehow link this with that already debunked lie about Charlottesville. So that already tells me just how legitimate you are in all of this, if you have to be that desperate about it.

When it comes down to it. I fear for something being done by either Antifa of BLM at this point, more than I could even start to worry about someone possibly coming out from QAnon. Because the first two are already physically out there and either hurting, or killing people. Because the only two stories that I've seen even remotely involving QAnon. Showed that their theories inspired action and that they didn't directly tell someone to go out and do it. So they're immediately several steps below BLM and Antifa.

It seems more like a randomized group, or another troll instance that more and more people are falling for.

Do you include Trump in that? He said Qanon are "people who love America." Did he fall for a troll? Did the FBI fall for a troll as well? They consider Qanon a potential terrorist threat.

Understood or implied without being stated, yes, that is tacit. But its also entirely likely to be wrong because Trump is generally direct in his support of anything.

Tacit can be just as easily defined as "I think so, so it is", and such is the state of Orange Man Bad that you infer it without evidence.

Otherwise known as making up bull****. Damn near the only thing you excel at, Vern.

So, your theory is he would have been more clear in his approval so magic presto he wasnt tacitly endorsing the far right nut jobs. that's simply an opinion that requires you to ignore exactly what he actually said ("they love their country") and what he also didnt say (condeming their violence). And OC, I know its pointless but he had no problem decrying Antifa. Because they hate fascists, they clearly love their country even more that Qanon and the "fine people" who are nazis or klansmen.

So, your theory is he would have been more clear in his approval so magic presto he wasnt tacitly endorsing the far right nut jobs. that's simply an opinion that requires you to ignore exactly what he actually said ("they love their country") and what he also didnt say (condeming their violence). And OC, I know its pointless but he had no problem decrying Antifa. Because they hate fascists, they clearly love their country even more that Qanon and the "fine people" who are nazis or klansmen.

Like I said, making **** up, because you cant possibly bring yourself to be honest if it breaks the Democrat narratives concerning Trump. You excel at it.

Do you include Trump in that? He said Qanon are "people who love America." Did he fall for a troll? Did the FBI fall for a troll as well? They consider Qanon a potential terrorist threat.

The FBI warned that QAnon could pose a potential terror threat. That's all, it's certainly much better than what we've seen BLM and Antifa get up to in the last few months. So I honestly don't care about QAnon at the moment.

Like I said, making **** up, because you cant possibly bring yourself to be honest if it breaks the Democrat narratives concerning Trump. You excel at it.

Are you really going to act surprised with his response?

Back
Top Bottom