• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump supporters opinions

trouble13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
If your like me your tired of all the nonstop negativity about our next potus. I thought it might be refreshing to discuss the ambitious agenda has proposed.

If he actually accomplishes everything in his first term he will of set an unprecedented standard for future presidents. However i dont think its realistic to expect that he will.

My question is how much does he need to do for him to earn your vote for a second term amd is there any promise he must fulfill this term and its a non-negotiable item?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If your like me your tired of all the nonstop negativity about our next potus. I thought it might be refreshing to discuss the ambitious agenda has proposed.

If he actually accomplishes everything in his first term he will of set an unprecedented standard for future presidents. However i dont think its realistic to expect that he will.

My question is how much does he need to do for him to earn your vote for a second term amd is there any promise he must fulfill this term and its a non-negotiable item?

He's already back-tracked on most of his election promises.

My vote and how it goes is fluid. It's always a combination of "what did he do, what was he capable of doing, what events transpired that were not expected, who is his opponent?"

I voted for Obama in 2008 because the Libertarians nominated one of the worst choices I had ever seen in Bob Barr. John McCain was a mediocre choice and Sarah Palin was a one woman clownshow.

I voted for Gary Johnson in 2008 because I couldn't bring myself to vote for Mitt Romney. Especially not after his "47%" comments. Obama lost my vote fairly early on for his dithering on closing Guantanamo bay. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012.

In 2016 I voted for Trump because there's no way I would ever vote for Hillary Clinton. Gary Johnson revealed himself to be a libertarian version of Sarah Palin. And as much as I've mocked Fox News' bias in the past, I've never seen Fox News go as hard core all in for a candidate the way the entire MSM went all in for Hillary Clinton. At first I was stunned but then happy to vote against what the establishment stood for.

I will wait for him to get in office and actually see what he does to pass judgement. To prejudge someone is prejudice and I try to avoid being bias and prejudice.

I will wait for him to get in office and actually see what he does to pass judgement. To prejudge someone is prejudice and I try to avoid being bias and prejudice.

To not be prejudiced is to not be liberal. :peace

My vote and how it goes is fluid. It's always a combination of "what did he do, what was he capable of doing, what events transpired that were not expected, who is his opponent?"

I voted for Obama in 2008 because the Libertarians nominated one of the worst choices I had ever seen in Bob Barr. John McCain was a mediocre choice and Sarah Palin was a one woman clownshow.

I voted for Gary Johnson in 2008 because I couldn't bring myself to vote for Mitt Romney. Especially not after his "47%" comments. Obama lost my vote fairly early on for his dithering on closing Guantanamo bay. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012.

In 2016 I voted for Trump because there's no way I would ever vote for Hillary Clinton. Gary Johnson revealed himself to be a libertarian version of Sarah Palin. And as much as I've mocked Fox News' bias in the past, I've never seen Fox News go as hard core all in for a candidate the way the entire MSM went all in for Hillary Clinton. At first I was stunned but then happy to vote against what the establishment stood for.
Wait and see approach with a measured evaluation i think is fair.

Im curious if he must do immigration reform or trade reform or any of his other agenda items without fail.

So fsr it sounds like people are pretty flexible which is good

If Joe Biden runs in '20, then President Trump doesn't have to do anything to get my vote.

Im curious if he must do immigration reform or trade reform or any of his other agenda items without fail.

Of course he does. I don't want a wall along our coast or anywhere it is not needed or practical. I do want a wall where it is needed. I think our immigration system is beyond pathetic right now. 10 or 20 even 40 million people in this country illegally is not just failure but a national crisis. The American people have the right to know who is entering their country and have the right to determine who comes into our country. We have the right to regulate the number of people who come into our country. When you have millions of people on welfare because they cannot find a job that pays a livable wage you don't bring in millions of workers to further saturate the labor force. Everyone working 40 hours a week deserve to be paid a livable wage not just government workers.

Trade reform is in order as well as us providing military for the world. It is time they paid their share. We should not be cutting our wages to match 3rd world countries but instead they need to raise their wages so everyone can live better.

These are long term goals that cannot be fixed overnight. Our infrastructure is another long term goal that needs addressing. Just like the railroad and the highway system transformed this country we need ideas and long term goals and commitments that are supported by both parties. It is time the parties did something besides divide this country and line their pockets with gold.

So fsr it sounds like people are pretty flexible which is good

We can only hope. I am tired of listening to them cry.

To not be prejudiced is to not be liberal. :peace

To be fair everyone is prejudice. It is how you deal with your prejudice that is important.

Look how long our government has supported welfare and keeping people dependent on government when a good job that allows everyone to enjoy the American Dream is the right answer. But anyone who argues this point has the race card thrown in their face.

I really thought Obama would address the poor and increase wages. Unfortunately big business wants 40 million slave labor workers from south of the border not fair wages. We will see if Trump supports the American people or big business like all his predecessors.

Of course he does. I don't want a wall along our coast or anywhere it is not needed or practical. I do want a wall where it is needed. I think our immigration system is beyond pathetic right now. 10 or 20 even 40 million people in this country illegally is not just failure but a national crisis. The American people have the right to know who is entering their country and have the right to determine who comes into our country. We have the right to regulate the number of people who come into our country. When you have millions of people on welfare because they cannot find a job that pays a livable wage you don't bring in millions of workers to further saturate the labor force. Everyone working 40 hours a week deserve to be paid a livable wage not just government workers.

Trade reform is in order as well as us providing military for the world. It is time they paid their share. We should not be cutting our wages to match 3rd world countries but instead they need to raise their wages so everyone can live better.

These are long term goals that cannot be fixed overnight. Our infrastructure is another long term goal that needs addressing. Just like the railroad and the highway system transformed this country we need ideas and long term goals and commitments that are supported by both parties. It is time the parties did something besides divide this country and line their pockets with gold.

We can only hope. I am tired of listening to them cry.
To be frank i have tuned put the hysterics. Legitimate criricism is fine and i welcome but the stupidity taking place right now isnt worthy of all the attention its getting.

Its why i created this thread. I want to discuss the agenda Trump has set. How realistic it is for him to accomplish it all in his first term. What are absolute musts for him in his first term.

Personally i look as the wall as more symbolic than a litteral need. It makes more sense to me to end anchor baby citizenships and make it difficult if not impossible for illegals to prosper here by ending their jobs and ability to receive gov services. Do that and they will stop coming and the ones here will leave on thier own. I dont care of a single is ever laid for a wall of he moves toward tje above.

I dont care of he raises tariffs 35%. I do cate tjat he sets the rates so that domestic products can compete on equal.settings with its overseas competitors. As an american consumer i am prepared to pay more for products to keep our manufactoring on par with others.

Tax reform/gov spending
Taxe revenues do not have to decrease because i think we really need to make a serious effort to pay down our debt but, i do want to see a more straightforward tax code that the average person can file without a cpa and pay the correct amount.

Gov spending must be reduced. Imo this is the greatest threat to our democracy and must be stopped. We gave the gop a second chance and if they screw up i will be all for primarying out every one of them until we have purged and ended the big spenders era of gov.

I could keep going issue by issue but i covered a few of the big ones for me. I want to see common sense approaches to solving these problems.im looking for for imitating ideas and exposing those who are obstructing it. Its time to stop the partinship demagoguery and consider plausable solutions from wherever they come.

To be fair everyone is prejudice. It is how you deal with your prejudice that is important.

Look how long our government has supported welfare and keeping people dependent on government when a good job that allows everyone to enjoy the American Dream is the right answer. But anyone who argues this point has the race card thrown in their face.

I really thought Obama would address the poor and increase wages. Unfortunately big business wants 40 million slave labor workers from south of the border not fair wages. We will see if Trump supports the American people or big business like all his predecessors.
I would support requiring people on welfare to do community service work as a requirement to receive welfare benefits. I think it would be socially benefical to do this in many, many ways.

I knew Obama was a hard core establishment candidate when he voted for Retro-active immunity to the Telco's that were guilty of illegally gathering information on American citizens. He was just better than the opposition.

Obama whinging about how he wishes marijuana were regulated like tobacco and alchohol is where I switched him from mediocre president to bad president. He's just a bad president.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I am cautiously optimistic after seeing his cabinet picks. They are leagues ahead of Obama's career government, and liberal academia classroom types who never built a thing in their lives.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I am cautiously optimistic after seeing his cabinet picks. They are leagues ahead of Obama's career government, and liberal academia classroom types who never built a thing in their lives.

I would like to see Trump put a couple of liberals into the mix. A truly smart man wants to hear both sides before making a decision.

I fully agree with you.

So does Trump. He is a huge believer in the combat of ideas, he sets up he teams specifically so there will be disagreement, and debate, and he likes to see some passion in the fight. The after he hears the arguments that rise to the top(or what ever portion of the arguments he is willing to sit through before he decides he knows) he decides. We saw this at several points in the campaign, then media says the Trump team is melting down.....No, That is what Trump wants, that is how he thinks he can get the best ideas to work with. Plus he likes some organized chaos around him, it keeps him interested and having fun.

So does Trump. He is a huge believer in the combat of ideas, he sets up he teams specifically so there will be disagreement, and debate, and he likes to see some passion in the fight. The after he hears the arguments that rise to the top(or what ever portion of the arguments he is willing to sit through before he decides he knows) he decides. We saw this at several points in the campaign, then media says the Trump team is melting down.....No, That is what Trump wants, that is how he thinks he can get the best ideas to work with. Plus he likes some organized chaos around him, it keeps him interested and having fun.

All you know about Trump is what he sold you.

I would support requiring people on welfare to do community service work as a requirement to receive welfare benefits. I think it would be socially benefical to do this in many, many ways.

The problem with that is if they are able bodied enough to do community service then they are able bodied enough to be job hunting. I would rather not take away from their job hunting time.

If Joe Biden runs in '20, then President Trump doesn't have to do anything to get my vote.

Or a Hillary re-run. But I don't think she'll do it.
She cashed in all her chips, and I don't think she would get the same level of support from the DNC or the biased media as she did in this run. that pretty much cooks her chances, I think.

I'm with you. Cautiously optimistic. He's assembled a very capable cabinet, but I wonder how much cooperation he's going to get from congress, but then, he has a strong track record of making deals, which is what is required when working effectively with congress, from what I've seen (or rather have not seen these last 8 years).

I see Trump actually walking the halls of congress and knocking on doors.

Kinda like Tip O'neill back in his day.

I'm with you. Cautiously optimistic. He's assembled a very capable cabinet, but I wonder how much cooperation he's going to get from congress, but then, he has a strong track record of making deals, which is what is required when working effectively with congress, from what I've seen (or rather have not seen these last 8 years).
Trump also has something his predecessors never had. He can bypass the media and speak directly to the people. His supporters are loyal and he can leverage that support in the midterms. He has the ability to control public.opinion like no other president before. He has twitter. This gives him leverage with congressman looking to be reelected

Back
Top Bottom