• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Supporters Have no Metacognition and Trump Knows it!

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump supporters have no Metacognition and Trump knows it!

Definition of Metacognition: Metacognition is, put simply, thinking about one's thinking. More precisely, it refers to the processes used to plan, monitor, and assess one's understanding and performance. Metacognition includes a critical awareness of a) one's thinking and learning and b) oneself as a thinker and learner.

In simple words, Trump supporters cannot use their own heads to process the information so they can plan, monitor and assess the virus and take care of themselves. I have to lie to them so they do not panic!

I wanted to play it down. I did not want people to panic (in other words, they cannot handle the truth, they can only handle the lies I tell them because they cannot assess the problem and handle it.

In my own Trump words "You are stupid and I have to tell you how to think"!

I have to give credit to Trump on this. He knows his people.

It's funny that Trump has to tell his base what to think when he hasn't mastered object permanence, a skill required to be an average baby.

LMAO.... That's the ticket.

I think this will be just as effective as "basket of deplorables" was.

Definition of Metacognition: Metacognition is, put simply, thinking about one's thinking. More precisely, it refers to the processes used to plan, monitor, and assess one's understanding and performance. Metacognition includes a critical awareness of a) one's thinking and learning and b) oneself as a thinker and learner.

In simple words, Trump supporters cannot use their own heads to process the information so they can plan, monitor and assess the virus and take care of themselves. I have to lie to them so they do not panic!

I wanted to play it down. I did not want people to panic (in other words, they cannot handle the truth, they can only handle the lies I tell them because they cannot assess the problem and handle it.

Way to define metacognition and then use the word incorrectly in the next paragraph. :applaud

That's the way... Please, keep pushing that ignorant crap and make sure to tell all your leftist amigos to do the same.

Grim, I have a serious question for you. Do you ever look at something and consider it something to question or at least evaluate?

I see your responses to anything negative said about Trump to be the same and automatic. It suggests a person that has made up his mind already and nothing can change it.

I will be honest with you. I hate Trump and think he is the worst but every single time when some statement is made about Trump that has a link attached and data involved, I actually take a look and read it fully. I evaluate it for veracity and truth and then either return to my original thinking or change it accordingly. There have been a few occasions (very few I must say) where something has been proven to me about Trump, such as his original success with the economy and on those occasions I have stated it as so. I have not seen you ever agree on any of the clear negatives that Trump has done (not opinions but facts such as this one today).

It is very difficult to take any of your posts seriously. You seem to be totally brainwashed and a lover of Trump and truth is not important to you. You certainly seem to be using none of the metacognition that this OP is about. You seem to be the perfect example of the kind of person that Trump believes should not be told the truth because you cannot handle it.
\
Prove me wrong!

LMAO.... That's the ticket.

I think this will be just as effective as "basket of deplorables" was.

Are you down with Trump telling Xi, Vlad, and every other dictator that we have a new nuclear weapons system? Or do you think they already know?

Way to define metacognition and then use the word incorrectly in the next paragraph. :applaud

Well, he just learned a new word. He skipped the part about using it in a sentence. It's not unlike the guy who runs out and buys a new car, but doesn't have a driver's license yet.

Well, he just learned a new word. He skipped the part about using it in a sentence. It's not unlike the guy who runs out and buys a new car, but doesn't have a driver's license yet.

Humbolt, since you took the time to make a criticizing comment, why don't you show your knowledge of the word and explain how I used it incorrectly. C'mon, teach me!

Let’s face facts: a lot of Trump supporters vote for him because of judges. Others because his policies favor business over labor or the environment. Some might have benefitted from tax cuts and will worry about deficits and debt if a Democrat is elected. Still others resent immigrants, or tho I doubt there are many of these, others might believe his “blacks people are going to invade the suburbs if Biden is elected“ baloney. Others might just like his attitude, his insults, even to the point of voting against their economic self-interest by supporting him. That last factor might approach the OP’s point.

It is funny that you took your time to criticize but did not offer an explanation on how I used it incorrectly. Why don't you teach me to use it?

Or like expecting a man who can barely read, failed at everything but being a TV Star on someone's fictional show about him, to be a good POTUS; and being slow witted enough to wanna do it again after he's proved at a rate of nearly 3 scandals a day to be WHOLLY unfit AND all the while, grifting madly?

Naw the base's cognitive fail is EPICALLY more dire!:lamo

It is funny that you took your time to criticize but did not offer an explanation on how I used it incorrectly. Why don't you teach me to use it?
In simple words, Trump supporters cannot use their own heads to process the information so they can plan, monitor and assess the virus
No, what's funny is that you accused "Trump supporters" of being unable to "plan the virus"??? That makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, really?

As your definition states, metacognition is "thinking about thinking". "Monitoring viruses" is not metacognition. "Assessing viruses" is not metacognition. "Planning viruses" is Biden supporter talk for "I have no friggin' clue what I'm talking about.

No, what's funny is that you accused "Trump supporters" of being unable to "plan the virus"??? That makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, really?

As your definition states, metacognition is "thinking about thinking". "Monitoring viruses" is not metacognition. "Assessing viruses" is not metacognition. "Planning viruses" is Biden supporter talk for "I have no friggin' clue what I'm talking about.

You evidently don't read or interpret things correctly. There is no planning for the virus, there is planning for how to deal with the virus. For example, do I wear a mask or not? Do I socially distance or not? Do I listen to Trump or Fauci or do I research all the information available. Do I think about it or be led by the nose?

Trump knew that his people would not do any of that. He realized that his people have no metacognition and therefore would not analyze, assess, or evaluate the information. They will just sit back and listen to what Trump says and do what he says. That is why I stated clearly that Trump supporters do not use any metacognition and that anything he says is what they will follow.

It is the cult mentality and exactly what metacognition talks about. It seems that it is you that does not know what it means.

You evidently don't read or interpret things correctly. There is no planning for the virus, there is planning for how to deal with the virus. For example, do I wear a mask or not? Do I socially distance or not? Do I listen to Trump or Fauci or do I research all the information available. Do I think about it or be led by the nose?
Which are examples of decisions, not metacognition.

Strike two.

Which are examples of decisions, not metacognition.

Strike two.

You really need to read up on the definition of metacognition, which by the way, you have not supplied

Metacognition is the ability to think that you may be wrong in your assessment and therefore have the desire to check things out that you believe in, in order to verify if you are right or wrong. It is an ability that some have but most do not. If you read all about it, you will realize that most people think they are right in their thinking and their belief (as most here on this board do, on both sides of the coin) and never doubt themselves and check to see if they are in effect right or maybe not.

That is metacognition. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Humbolt, since you took the time to make a criticizing comment, why don't you show your knowledge of the word and explain how I used it incorrectly. C'mon, teach me!

It's not a new idea at all. Read some philosophy and physics. Our cognition as reasoning beings has been explored and questioned for a very long time - millennia. You could start with Plato, because you have to start somewhere.

Or like expecting a man who can barely read, failed at everything but being a TV Star on someone's fictional show about him, to be a good POTUS; and being slow witted enough to wanna do it again after he's proved at a rate of nearly 3 scandals a day to be WHOLLY unfit AND all the while, grifting madly?

Naw the base's cognitive fail is EPICALLY more dire!:lamo

Seems like your metacognition is lacking.

Seems like your metacognition is lacking.

The reality is that Trump thinks his supporters do not use their minds to recognize what is truth and what is scam. Simply stated, he thinks his followers are dumb and that includes you.

The reality is that Trump thinks his supporters do not use their minds to recognize what is truth and what is scam. Simply stated, he thinks his followers are dumb and that includes you.

Trump is plain spoken and crude. That doesn't mean he or his supporters are dumb. Some of the more intelligent people I know aren't well spoken, and write poorly. They also happen to have developed advanced missile guidance systems, advance surgical techniques, and a few are highly successful artists and musicians.

In short, go pound sand.

Trump is plain spoken and crude. That doesn't mean he or his supporters are dumb. Some of the more intelligent people I know aren't well spoken, and write poorly. They also happen to have developed advanced missile guidance systems, advance surgical techniques, and a few are highly successful artists and musicians.

In short, go pound sand.

When you lie to your own people and expect them to believe you in spite of facts against what you said, it means you think they are dumb or that they are incapable of handling the truth. Either way, it is disparaging them. In responding to the last part of your comment, being able to build a missile system does not mean you are not dumb or able to be scammed. Most people have some talent, either though studying something all their lives or being taught specifically how to do something. That doesn't mean they have an ability to discern lies from truth or have any common sense.

Here is a perfect example of what I mean

and then, the exact opposite

I'm so jealous of those smart ass democrats.....:rofl:rock:2funny::moon:

your constant projections are what is a failure.
so sad really.

Back
Top Bottom