• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump supporters are planning to storm the Capitol again on 4 March, lawmaker warns

In their minds, they were fighting to maintain the sitting government, not overthrow it. Literally, not a single one of them supported some other government. They saw what they thought was election fraud and wanted to preserve the Constitution.

It happens that they were factually incorrect, but their motives weren't a coup. Quite the opposite, in fact, they thought they were fighting to prevent a coup.
They plotted to storm the capitol and hang the VP to stop the certification of a duly elected president....and kill a few congress members in the process.

Sure looks like an attempted coup to me.

They plotted to storm the capitol and hang the VP to stop the certification of a duly elected president....and kill a few congress members in the process.
That's the part they disagree with.

Surely someone on this forum has enough intelligence to see that if the election were actualy fraudulent then this was not a coup attempt but an attempt to prevent a coup. I'm hoping you're one such intelligent person.

It happens that their facts were wrong and they're going to face appropriate legal consequences, but performing a coup was never their goal.

Last edited:

I am sure that there were bad elements within the mostly peaceful protest that used the cover of the crowd to bad ends. We see that in riots all the time.

They werent trying to overthrow a sitting government. At most they were trying to keep in place the one that was already there. But has there ever been a coup led by an unarmed mob who, after taking control of the government building, walked away without firing a shot? This was a riot.
The terrorists had no constitutional right or legal authority to keep Trump in power. Violently taking over the nations capitol to overthrow a free and fair election the very definition of a coup.

It's extremely naïve if you think the mob was unarmed. They had metal poles, clubs, bats, stun guns, shields, canisters of pepper spray and other unknown substances...not to mention they stole the cops weapons. Two officers dead, 147 wounded...eyes gouged out, fingers severed,, backs broken, heads stomped on and bodies impaled and beaten with the American flag.... but golly gee, the mob was just having a little fun, they didn't really mean it. 🤪 :rolleyes:

The terrorists had no constitutional right or legal authority to keep Trump in power. Violently taking over the nations capitol to overthrow a free and fair election the very definition of a coup.

It's extremely naïve if you think the mob was unarmed. They had metal poles, clubs, bats, stun guns, shields, canisters of pepper spray and other unknown substances...not to mention they stole the cops weapons. Two officers dead, 147 wounded...eyes gouged out, fingers severed,, backs broken, heads stomped on and bodies impaled and beaten with the American flag.... but golly gee, the mob was just having a little fun, they didn't really mean it. 🤪 :rolleyes:
Which violent, insurrectionist mob are you talking about? The ones in Minneapolis? Kenosha? Portland? New York? Chicago? Philadelphia? Seattle?

That's the part they disagree with.

Surely someone on this forum has enough intelligence to see that if the election were actualy fraudulent then this was not a coup attempt but an attempt to prevent a coup. I'm hoping you're one such intelligent person.

It happens that their facts were wrong and they're going to face appropriate legal consequences, but performing a coup was never their goal.

The mobs goal was to keep in Trump in power in spite of all the recounts, lawsuits, Republican judges, Republican election officials, Republican State Governors and SoS, a Republican AG and and FBI investigation that found no evidence of election fraud. Even their precious FoxNews told them that Biden had won fair and square.

An intelligent person would not have fallen for Trump's lies....or participated in a coup attempt....or make excuses for the mob's motives. They weren't children and should not be treated as such.

The mobs goal was to keep in Trump in power in spite of all the recounts, lawsuits, Republican judges, Republican election officials, Republican State Governors and SoS, a Republican AG and and FBI investigation that found no evidence of election fraud. Even their precious FoxNews told them that Biden had won fair and square.

An intelligent person would not have fallen for Trump's lies....or participated in a coup attempt....or make excuses for the mob's motives. They weren't children and should not be treated as such.
Then you are truly lost.

They throw this in at the very end of your link:

"According to CNN, Mr Salesses said there was “no specific, credible threat to the homeland at this time”, but that the situation continued to be monitored."

Dont you ever get tired of being suckered by fake news? It seems not.

Depends on whether or not you see this as a credible threat to the country. Clearly you don't believe in your compatriots.

Which violent, insurrectionist mob are you talking about? The ones in Minneapolis? Kenosha? Portland? New York? Chicago? Philadelphia? Seattle?

Do you ever get tired making shitty excuses for anyone on the right? Clearly not.

There's only one insurrectionist mob that tried to take over the capitol and overthrow the election. Don't play dumb.

Only this time we have a president who is not a traitor a d will actually defend the capital and it's occupants rather than ordering it attacked.

Bring them on the Capitol police will be locked and loaded a d looking forward to face tbe terrorists without the Whitehouse interference...
And he will do nothing about BLM and antifa rioters, unless of course it hurts him in the polls. Then he'll take a stand, Otherwise, screw the people. he needed to get elected.

Don't you know, those were "mostly peaceful" protests? You can't even transmit the China Virus during one of those. It's impossible. It's like calling a war "mostly peaceful", because most of the people involved don't get killed or injured.

Trump had Covid -19 in October and has been mentally ill ever since. All his actions are those of a very crazy but smart guy, but all the lies, all his lies. Well Do you believe or are you a free thinker and makes your mind up moderately without hate for your Country ? Well if you hate I suggest you go to another country and live and enjoy having very few freedoms as compared with the USA.

Maybe Biden will git a little bit of what he wants, Bernie mostly O and Liberals will just keep on Bitchan and whining ! Maybe we will get some bridges fixed, some roads widened and travel make sort of better for some. Well don't you want to drive 80 for 800 miles and visit or Vacation for a week in one day instead of 3 each way. All the time Trump was on his watch, more wind turbines and solar were built than ever before. While he was supposedly relaxing restrictions more Court battles than ever before happened. I got a new NG main for my County, Yeah home are warm here ! Trump did not do it. Trump didn't give a shit ! Trump was busy watching Fox and Twitt N hate for some poor sob !

Last edited:
This is rich. The Congressman for Seattle who gave protection to the rioters all year long is all of a suddenly worried about protesters. Democrats couldn't find another spokesperson for this?

Or to anyone not attempting to justify treason from their cult leader or fellow cultists...

And he will do nothing about BLM and antifa rioters, unless of course it hurts him in the polls. Then he'll take a stand, Otherwise, screw the people. he needed to get elected.

Why are they going to attack tbe nations Capitol, attempt to assassinate the vice president in an attempt to overthrow tbe United States government?!?

You do realize they are not even close to tbe same ****ing thing right?!?

And you are aware even attempting to compare them makes you look foolish...

There's only one insurrectionist mob that tried to take over the capitol and overthrow the election. Don't play dumb.

Yeah I used to think he was playing as well...

Let's hope the police shoot them this time. Babying them the first time was a mistake. If they pull this shit again, body bags.

Understand, I want no dead people. I was in a mood and maybe your blanket statement is right, but you don't get to storm the capitol with no consequences because you are white.

So, please allow me to amend. If Trump's idiot supporters try it again, ten years in prison. That is not acceptable behavior.

Back
Top Bottom