• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Supporter Pays It Backward?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The missus and I took the GSD to the specialty vet today. It’s about an hour drive and we allowed an hour and a half to make sure there were no delays that would make us late. We arrived with plenty of time to spare and following the Covid protocols we phoned in and they came and collected the dog and returned him after the exam. The appointment was for 1300 and we were on our way home by 1330. I had a little hunger pang and decided on a convenient McDonalds. I have eaten too many messy foods in the car and end up with bits of lettuce and sauce in my lap. I went with a simple order, two cheeseburgers and a cup of water. As we got in line I noticed the car in front had a Trump sticker on it and couldn’t make out the top line of text due to glare. The missus reported that the top line was “Women For.” I am not a Trump supporter, but gave it no more thought. When we pulled up to the ‘pay here’ window, we were informed that the “Women For Trump” car had paid our bill, $3.04. I was dumbfounded. The incident left me with many questions, why, did they know the order was small, what if it had been a car full of hungry kids. There was also an awkward moment where I wondered if I was expected to continue the trend. I have heard of the “pay it forward” movement, but have never encountered anything like this. It was a pleasant ride home!

The missus and I took the GSD to the specialty vet today. It’s about an hour drive and we allowed an hour and a half to make sure there were no delays that would make us late. We arrived with plenty of time to spare and following the Covid protocols we phoned in and they came and collected the dog and returned him after the exam. The appointment was for 1300 and we were on our way home by 1330. I had a little hunger pang and decided on a convenient McDonalds. I have eaten too many messy foods in the car and end up with bits of lettuce and sauce in my lap. I went with a simple order, two cheeseburgers and a cup of water. As we got in line I noticed the car in front had a Trump sticker on it and couldn’t make out the top line of text due to glare. The missus reported that the top line was “Women For.” I am not a Trump supporter, but gave it no more thought. When we pulled up to the ‘pay here’ window, we were informed that the “Women For Trump” car had paid our bill, $3.04. I was dumbfounded. The incident left me with many questions, why, did they know the order was small, what if it had been a car full of hungry kids. There was also an awkward moment where I wondered if I was expected to continue the trend. I have heard of the “pay it forward” movement, but have never encountered anything like this. It was a pleasant ride home!

Weirdly, that also happened to me a couple of years ago at a McDonalds.

Just wondering - was there anything on your vehicle or clothes that would identify your politics or lean, or maybe something alluding to your person or idealogy?

And yes, I would definitely pay it forward, preferably to a Trump supporter or someone you are not familiar with or not too crazy about. Quite honestly, I'd be too afraid not to pay it back to someone - Karma & all that!

Being a curmudgeon, I would be annoyed at being paid for and expected to do the same.

C'mon. I'm all for paying more in taxes to fund programs that benefit the worse off. The whole paid-it-this-way thing bothers me. Don't conscript me.

Like I said, curmudgeon. The idea of everyone doing this voluntarily is heart-warming. But what is voluntarily, really, when it becomes expected? I'd much rather have a broader more targeted effect than paying for whomever happens to be behind or in front of me on a given day. Then again, I suppose I can be a curmudgeon on my own: I make all my coffee at home.

I've done it a couple times at the Wendy's I frequent. Once it was because I felt a little bad because there are a couple of entrances to their drive thru and me and this other person got to the line at basically the same time and I didn't think to leave room to let them in from the awkward angle they were coming in from. The second time it was just to do it. Both times the orders were far less than my own cost.

Just wondering - was there anything on your vehicle or clothes that would identify your politics or lean, or maybe something alluding to your person or idealogy?

And yes, I would definitely pay it forward, preferably to a Trump supporter or someone you are not familiar with or not too crazy about. Quite honestly, I'd be too afraid not to pay it back to someone - Karma & all that!

Nothing identifying any political lean. Just two old people and the dog. The dog probably had his head out the window, as a rainy day took a break while we were in line.

Contrary to popular belief not all Trump supporters are assholes. It's usually just the ones who spend their time screaming on internet forums...

Nothing identifying any political lean. Just two old people and the dog. The dog probably had his head out the window, as a rainy day took a break while we were in line.
Anyway, I'd definitely pay that debt off. When the God's look down upon you graciously, don't screw it up! :p

Anyway, I'd definitely pay that debt off. When the God's look down upon you graciously, don't screw it up! :p

It was two cheeseburgers............the Gods would have sent steak!

I want to clarify that there was nothing to indicate the political leanings of me or the person that paid.

Back
Top Bottom