• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Support Our Troops Uses Russian Migs And An AK47

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[FONT=&quot]© Screenshot An ad, made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, featuring silhouettes of three soldiers walking as Russian-made fighter jets fly over them.The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12.“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.[/FONT]

[FONT="][COLOR=#666666][COLOR=#000000]© Screenshot[/COLOR] An ad, made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, featuring silhouettes of three soldiers walking as Russian-made fighter jets fly over them.[/COLOR]The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. [URL="https://transparencyreport.google.com/political-ads/advertiser/AR488306308034854912/creative/CR14945867714789376"]The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12[/URL].“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.[/FONT]
Yeah, he supports our troops so much that he didn’t say a negative word about Putin, who paid the Taliban to kill our troops.

But wait, according to Trump, these troops are just ‘losers and suckers’ anyway, so it’s ok.

But wait, according to Trump, these troops are just ‘losers and suckers’ anyway, so it’s ok.

And Joe is taking performance enhancing drugs.

What, I don’t have any proof?

Gotcha.

[FONT="][COLOR=#666666][COLOR=#000000]© Screenshot[/COLOR] An ad, made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, featuring silhouettes of three soldiers walking as Russian-made fighter jets fly over them.[/COLOR]The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. [URL="https://transparencyreport.google.com/political-ads/advertiser/AR488306308034854912/creative/CR14945867714789376"]The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12[/URL].“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.[/FONT]

I guess that was Putin's idea to get the American people used to seeing Russian jet fighters in their neighborhoods. As far as we know Trump is following Putin's "advice" on everything. He does call him weekly and no one is monitoring the calls...

Trump's phone calls alarm US officials, from pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers - CNNPolitics

And Joe is taking performance enhancing drugs. What, I don’t have any proof? Gotcha.
Biden isn’t stunningly treasonous enough to pull off a Helsinki, since you brought him up.

Is this the next leftist hoax to be imploded with facts?

This seems to rank right up there with Obama's brown suit crap.

And Joe is taking performance enhancing drugs.

What, I don’t have any proof?

Gotcha.

It was reported and Gen. Kelly, who was there, refuses to deny that Trump said it, which is implicit proof that he DID say it.

Moreover, it's consistent with everything we know about Trump and the military. He said he knew more about ISIS than the generals. He also told the troops in Iraq he got them a big pay raise. He said, “I got you a big one - 10 percent. Because it’s been a long time. It’s been more than 10 years.” Doesn’t this surely show his support of the military? It was a complete fabrication, as the below fact checking proves.

Fact check: Trump brags to troops about 10 percent pay raise he didn't actually give them

PolitiFact - Did Donald Trump sign the first military pay raise in 10 years? No

From reports that I read, the use of Russian planes was due to incompetence by the advertising maker -- the Trump Campaign. Not only planes, but the weapons are AK47s, which are Russian weapons. So it's very likely these are Russian troops in the image. Why would a Trump ad have Russian troops, Russian rifles and Russian planes? Perhaps this ad was made in Russia. Make Russia Great Again!

From reports that I read, the use of Russian planes was due to incompetence by the advertising maker -- the Trump Campaign. Not only planes, but the weapons are AK47s, which are Russian weapons. So it's very likely these are Russian troops in the image. Why would a Trump ad have Russian troops, Russian rifles and Russian planes? Perhaps this ad was made in Russia. Make Russia Great Again!

Someone told me these are AK-74s in the ad.

Pretty dumb mistake, I'm guessing it was caused by someone who knew nothing about the military or firearms. There was another incident similar to this in 2016 involving a war ship, but I don't remember which candidate it was.

From the ad you cant tell whether the gun is an AK-74 or an AK-47. But regardless the AK is a very popular rifle and a very good one. A lot of our troops chose to use one do to the abunance of amunition they have access to in foreign countries not to mention the knock down power. With it also having a very big fan base in the US civilian market, I dont see why a solider carrying this type of gun would be of any concern.

From the ad you cant tell whether the gun is an AK-74 or an AK-47. But regardless the AK is a very popular rifle and a very good one. A lot of our troops chose to use one do to the abunance of amunition they have access to in foreign countries not to mention the knock down power. With it also having a very big fan base in the US civilian market, I dont see why a solider carrying this type of gun would be of any concern.

I don't see why our Air Force wouldn't use Russian Mig fighter jets.

I don't see why our Air Force wouldn't use Russian Mig fighter jets.

Well thats debateable but our troops dont use them so its not really relateable is it.

Well thats debateable but our troops dont use them so its not really relateable is it.

The soldier carrying the AK isn't even wearing a helmet. Do you believe that he's an American serviceman?

Is this the next leftist hoax to be imploded with facts?

This seems to rank right up there with Obama's brown suit crap.

I mean it’s an ad being sent out by Trump’s campaign team so it’s not like you don’t have ****ing proof.

It was reported and Gen. Kelly, who was there, refuses to deny that Trump said it, which is implicit proof that he DID say it.

Moreover, it's consistent with everything we know about Trump and the military. He said he knew more about ISIS than the generals. He also told the troops in Iraq he got them a big pay raise. He said, “I got you a big one - 10 percent. Because it’s been a long time. It’s been more than 10 years.”

What is wrong with you?

Kelly refused to CONFIRM that Trump said it as well. People are innocent until proven guilty.

It was reported that Joe is taking performance enhancing drugs.

This accusation is completely consistent with his inability to articulate thoughts and focus when he is not reading off a teleprompter.

Since context is proof, Joe must be taking performance enhancing drugs.

The soldier carrying the AK isn't even wearing a helmet. Do you believe that he's an American serviceman?

He might not be, it could be an Iraqi miltary man training with american soliders, it could be a foreign special service man who often team up wit our special forces groups. Also it could be an american, not all of them wear helmets.

Pretty dumb mistake, I'm guessing it was caused by someone who knew nothing about the military or firearms. There was another incident similar to this in 2016 involving a war ship, but I don't remember which candidate it was.

I knew this had happened before. It was during a DNC tribute to vets.

“On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships.”

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

For those who may not know. It's a Shutterstock image: Military Silhouettes Soldiers Airforce Against Backdrop Stock Photo (Edit Now) 400783420

Shutterstock is a marketplace where you go to purchase the rights to use an image for your business/professional purposes. This particular content creator seems to have some CGI/Photographs of military individuals/settings. Presumably somebody on the marketing team for the campaign purchased the image from there.

Last edited:
I knew this had happened before. It was during a DNC tribute to vets.

“On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships.”

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

:lamo

Like the Trump campaign Migs, this is the danger you risk when you have underpaid interns google image search "navy ship" or "fighter jet" and paste them into whatever garbage the marketing people demanded.

:lamo

Like the Trump campaign Migs, this is the danger you risk when you have underpaid interns google image search "navy ship" or "fighter jet" and paste them into whatever garbage the marketing people demanded.

Yep. When the 1991 Gulf War started I heard one of the CNN reporters refer to the fighter's afterburners as "booster blasters".

Yep. When the 1991 Gulf War started I heard one of the CNN reporters refer to the fighter's afterburners as "booster blasters".

That is by far a better term for the device.

The people responsible for that are the people running his campaign, not the government. His campaign is currently led by Bill Stepien.

I take it you're not aware of the fact that Trump has erased all those lines entirely.
DOJ defending a rape suspect, Trump faves deliberately pressuring CDC to falsify data, campaign events held on White House lawn using government resources and taxpayer funding*, the list is very long and deserves its own thread.

*PS: Taxpayer funding of campaigns is actually an excellent idea except when the only one allowed to use it is the incumbent to the exclusion of all others. If Trump is willing to entirely forego and return all outside funding and open the taps for Biden's campaign to use taxpayer funding, I'd be all for it.
Anything short of that and taxpayers are unwittingly funding Trump's campaign and his campaign only, even if they don't want to.
He's literally putting tax dollars IN his pocket.

Back
Top Bottom