• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Support Our Troops Uses Russian Migs And An AK47

I don't see why our Air Force wouldn't use Russian Mig fighter jets.

We would need to get replacement parts from Russia.

But the main reason is it has a very different philosophy towards safety. On one level it is more rugged, but on another level it is more likely to crash in regular use. The Russian air forces have huge peacetime losses.

Trump has apparently either burned through, wasted or squandered most of the billion dollars they raised since the beginning of the year and there's a possibility that their best and brightest campaign operatives might have even funneled away large chunks of that cash for themselves as well.

So if this is true, Trump apparently can't afford to hire competent campaign operatives who would know the difference between Russian and US military gear or aircraft, or any military experts who could review material in advance.
Of course, given that he's been acting rather despicable toward the military lately, many of the more educated may not be in much of a mood to help anyway.

So, broke, dispirited and incompetent, yes?
That's actually been the last four years for everyone else, it's just now being spread to his own campaign, because Trump doesn't get the concept of "not pooping where you eat".
If you don't treat anyone else well or protect anyone else, the one group you must protect and treat well are the people you count on to help you remain in office.

[FONT="][COLOR=#666666][COLOR=#000000]© Screenshot[/COLOR] An ad, made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, featuring silhouettes of three soldiers walking as Russian-made fighter jets fly over them.[/COLOR]The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. [URL="https://transparencyreport.google.com/political-ads/advertiser/AR488306308034854912/creative/CR14945867714789376"]The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12[/URL].“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.[/FONT]

Did Mr. Sprey bother to mention that there's no angle from which a Mig-29 looks like it is drawn in those pictures?

Biden isn’t stunningly treasonous enough to pull off a Helsinki, since you brought him up.

But his former boss was. "I'll have more flexibility…"

[FONT="][COLOR=#666666][COLOR=#000000]© Screenshot[/COLOR] An ad, made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, featuring silhouettes of three soldiers walking as Russian-made fighter jets fly over them.[/COLOR]The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. [URL="https://transparencyreport.google.com/political-ads/advertiser/AR488306308034854912/creative/CR14945867714789376"]The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12[/URL].“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.[/FONT]

I have zero idea what the rules are for campaign ads, so here's a theory:

Maybe he wasn't allowed to have American military planes in his ads. Maybe showing military equipment/military members are not allowed. Just kinda blue-skying it.

I have zero idea what the rules are for campaign ads, so here's a theory:

Maybe he wasn't allowed to have American military planes in his ads. Maybe showing military equipment/military members are not allowed. Just kinda blue-skying it.

Did you spend any time at all trying to determine whether this idea was true or did you just decide to go with it because that makes you feel better about a dumb ad from your team?

I mean it’s an ad being sent out by Trump’s campaign team so it’s not like you don’t have ****ing proof.

Calm your fauxrage, if you can manage to.

None of those things are in dispute.

As I posted, this seems to rank right up there with Obama's brown suit crap.

Back
Top Bottom