• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Super PAC Director on Clinton PAC Spending: 'We Will Be Matching Them

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump Super PAC Director on Clinton PAC Spending: 'We Will Be Matching Them' - ABC News

Ken McKay, Chris Christie’s former presidential campaign manager who is now leading the pro-Trump super PAC Rebuilding America Now, said on this week’s “Powerhouse Politics” podcast that his PAC will soon be rivaling pro-Clinton super PAC Priorities Action USA, which has nearly $47 million on hand to spend.

“When October rolls around,” McKay said to ABC News Political Director Rick Klein and Deputy Political Director Shushannah Walshe, “I think we will be spending at the rate at they’re spending.”

... When October... rolls around... these guys aren't playing a long game. They're playing a hope game. Let's be honest folks, Hillary is simply obliterating Trump at this point. The GOP had so many other legitimate options and they chose instead the most verbally inept and politically inexperienced candidate in the GOP's history.

The standard that was set for Obama? You know, all of the attacks about him only have 1-2 years in the Senate and being an empty suit? Trump doesn't even have a suit to speak of in political terms. He was simply the most outrageous candidate getting the votes of the least educated people. That the PACs in his camp think they're going to be beat Hillary's at this point is absolutely astounding.

Trump Super PAC Director on Clinton PAC Spending: 'We Will Be Matching Them' - ABC News

... When October... rolls around... these guys aren't playing a long game. They're playing a hope game. Let's be honest folks, Hillary is simply obliterating Trump at this point. The GOP had so many other legitimate options and they chose instead the most verbally inept and politically inexperienced candidate in the GOP's history.

The standard that was set for Obama? You know, all of the attacks about him only have 1-2 years in the Senate and being an empty suit? Trump doesn't even have a suit to speak of in political terms. He was simply the most outrageous candidate getting the votes of the least educated people. That the PACs in his camp think they're going to be beat Hillary's at this point is absolutely astounding.

It's what happens when you make your primary nominee the guy with zero political experience. Most people learn the gritty basics of running a campaign machine at the town councilman level. With not even in that in his tool belt Trump is reduced to one essential tactic: "Say crazy ****, get on tv." Now, granted, Trump knows marketing and branding, and having decided on his target demographic (terrified white bigots), that was good enough. That tactic will not translate into success for the rest of the country.

It's what happens when you make your primary nominee the guy with zero political experience. Most people learn the gritty basics of running a campaign machine at the town councilman level. With not even in that in his tool belt Trump is reduced to one essential tactic: "Say crazy ****, get on tv." Now, granted, Trump knows marketing and branding, and having decided on his target demographic (terrified white bigots), that was good enough. That tactic will not translate into success for the rest of the country.

For all the talk of his so-called "marketing genius", Trump is proving himself incapable of marketing himself to the american public at large - just to the small segment of the population that is as bat-crap crazy as he is.

For all the talk of his so-called "marketing genius", Trump is proving himself incapable of marketing himself to the american public at large - just to the small segment of the population that is as bat-crap crazy as he is.

Trump's marketing technique is a simple and effective one in the world of business:

1)find your target demographic
2)market to them exclusively
3)profit!

This is hilariously ineffective in politics where you need to broaden your target demographic as much as possible. This would have been lesson #1 for someone running for town councilman, but basing his entire experience on marketing and branding in the business world Trump has proven himself completely unequipped to adapting to this simple fact.

Last edited:

That's why Ted Cruz had the most robust network of conservative leaders in the 2016 Presidential Election and why I assume most of those same people aren't going to vote for Trump. Agree with him or not Ted Cruz knew WTF he was doing. I have not heard of one of the people who worked for a different campaign easily go over to the Trump camp, and if they did, they have been fired, already! But his loyal followers don't seem to understand that Trump doesn't know how to run a campaign and never has. They think marketing campaigns and election campaigns are the same thing!!!! If Trump continues to refuse to rely upon regular campaign methods and so far he has, he is not going to win and will probably lose by 20+ points! He's already scrambling and there is only five months left of the election!

That's why Ted Cruz had the most robust network of conservative leaders in the 2016 Presidential Election and why I assume most of those same people aren't going to vote for Trump. Agree with him or not Ted Cruz knew WTF he was doing. I have not heard of one of the people who worked for a different campaign easily go over to the Trump camp, and if they did, they have been fired, already! But his loyal followers don't seem to understand that Trump doesn't know how to run a campaign and never has. They think marketing campaigns and election campaigns are the same thing!!!! If Trump continues to refuse to rely upon regular campaign methods and so far he has, he is not going to win and will probably lose by 20+ points! He's already scrambling and there is only five months left of the election!

I don't see him effectively adapting to match the competency and efficiency of Clinton's campaign machine, but I suppose anything's possible.

So you think insulting anyone who supports Trump will accomplish what?

It seems to me voters in general are pissed at the status quo, and they are sick and tired of being labeled by the PC crowd chained to the dogma of the left. I would suggest that is why Trump has caught their attention.

Having learned by example or experience that they risk personal and professional destruction if they step out of line and exercise the 1st Amendment rights, they see Trump as someone willing to push back against the Progressive Machine that seeks total global control of their lives.

Considering that is the Progressive end goal, I would suggest it's rather intelligent to listen to someone who is willing to take that agenda head on.

It seems to me voters in general are pissed at the status quo, and they are sick and tired of being labeled by the PC crowd chained to the dogma of the left. I would suggest that is why Trump has caught their attention.

Having learned by example or experience that they risk personal and professional destruction if they step out of line and exercise the 1st Amendment rights, they see Trump as someone willing to push back against the Progressive Machine that seeks total global control of their lives.

Considering that is the Progressive end goal, I would suggest it's rather intelligent to listen to someone who is willing to take that agenda head on.

There are a finite number of pissed off people in this country and they are louder more than they are in numbers. And a smaller number of people who would be willing to vote for Trump. Keep on hoping for that silent majority, it hasn't happened yet.

But why would there be a silent majority of pissed off people?? That's just wishful thinking.

There are a finite number of pissed off people in this country and they are louder more than they are in numbers. And a smaller number of people who would be willing to vote for Trump. Keep on hoping for that silent majority, it hasn't happened yet.

But why would there be a silent majority of pissed off people?? That's just wishful thinking.

Of course there are a finite number of pissed off people in this country. There are a finite number of people in this country, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

I've mentioned nothing about a silent majority, so that also a point I don't understand.

The fact that Trump has come this far, and is swapping positions back and forth with Hilary in the polls, suggests whatever it is you're trying to say is likely wishful thinking on your part.

Of course there are a finite number of pissed off people in this country. There are a finite number of people in this country, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

I've mentioned nothing about a silent majority, so that also a point I don't understand.

The fact that Trump has come this far, and is swapping positions back and forth with Hilary in the polls, suggests whatever it is you're trying to say is likely wishful thinking on your part.

Funny that you left out the part where I said there are less people in the country who are willing to vote for trump. Even if they are pissed off. Since you selectively edited that out I can understand your confusion. The question remains why did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump's marketing technique is a simple and effective one in the world of business:

1)find your target demographic
2)market to them exclusively
3)profit!

This is hilariously ineffective in politics where you need to broaden your target demographic as much as possible. This would have been lesson #1 for someone running for town councilman, but basing his entire experience on marketing and branding in the business world Trump has proven himself completely unequipped to adapting to this simple fact.

The term "marketing technique" suggests that it's a strategy designed by Trump. IMO, there's nothing designed about it. It's just Trump being his insane self. It's just fortunate (for him) that there's a segment of the population just as loony as he is

Well, Trump is a marketing genius, if your defintion of a marketing genius is a absolute moron.

Trump supporters are embarrassing all of their own, making fun of them is no different than laughing at Ron Paul supporters. Don't like it? Go complain to somebody who cares.

Funny that you left out the part where I said there are less people in the country who are willing to vote for trump. Even if they are pissed off. Since you selectively edited that out I can understand your confusion. The question remains why did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no effort to selectively edit. What you wrote about less people is just your opinion, unsupported by polls, so why comment? The polls are up, down, close, apart, lead, behind. Obviously this fact flies in the face of your opinion.

Again, given this reality, IMO it would appear you are the one with wishful thinking.

Keep us entertained between now and the time Clinton is elected

Well, I guess it doesn't take much to entertain the "us" you are referring to.

Insulting people certainly underscores how laughable the claim is that the "us" are all about equality and tolerance.

I encourage more of the same, as public demonstrations of such attitudes are always a good thing. :thumbs:

Trump supporters are embarrassing all of their own, making fun of them is no different than laughing at Ron Paul supporters. Don't like it? Go complain to somebody who cares.

You misunderstand. I encourage public displays by the left of their intolerance. The more the better.

In this political climate, it's important for concerned and discerning voters to see how their opinions and viewpoints are viewed by those who pretend to be flag bearers of equality and respect.

I simply asked the question because I am indeed curious to understand the strategy.

You misunderstand. I encourage public displays by the left of their intolerance. The more the better.

Here we go with this nonsense. Nobody has to be tolerant of your political position on anything, much less let you impose it on the rest of us.

You want to impose your views? Win an election.

Oh wait... no chance of Trump doing that.

:)

Every time a Trump voter demands "tolerance" an angel gets its wings.

Here we go with this nonsense. Nobody has to be tolerant of your political position on anything, much less let you impose it on the rest of us.

You want to impose your views? Win an election.

Oh wait... no chance of Trump doing that.

:)

I thought you had a problem with nonsense. Apparently not. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom