• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Super PAC Director on Clinton PAC Spending: 'We Will Be Matching Them

There was no effort to selectively edit. What you wrote about less people is just your opinion, unsupported by polls, so why comment? The polls are up, down, close, apart, lead, behind. Obviously this fact flies in the face of your opinion.

Again, given this reality, IMO it would appear you are the one with wishful thinking.

If the polls are so over the place like you said, why trust the polls???

Regardless of your idiotic statement about the crazy poll results. Most polls do state that Trump will have a hard time expanding his hard-line base and that he will have a tough time winning everybody else over who aren't the finite number of pissed off individuals who plan to vote for Trump. All the polls say that Trump will not be able to win the latino vote or the black vote. This, despite Trump saying that he will. I guess you believe him over the actual polls huh?

Also, if there are pissed off voters (who generally are Republicans especially when a Democrat is in office) why are they not endorsing Trump? Why are most republican establishment leaders not endorsing Trump or not voting for him? They are obviously pissed off but they are either not pissed off enough to sacrifice everything they believe in to vote for Trump and his empty promises, or are actually pissed off at him as well for hijacking the party and making it a laughing stock! EX: Romney/Rubio...

If the polls are so over the place like you said, why trust the polls???

Regardless of your idiotic statement about the crazy poll results. Most polls do state that Trump will have a hard time expanding his hard-line base and that he will have a tough time winning everybody else over who aren't the finite number of pissed off individuals who plan to vote for Trump. All the polls say that Trump will not be able to win the latino vote or the black vote. This, despite Trump saying that he will. I guess you believe him over the actual polls huh?

Also, if there are pissed off voters (who generally are Republicans especially when a Democrat is in office) why are they not endorsing Trump? Why are most republican establishment leaders not endorsing Trump or not voting for him? They are obviously pissed off but they are either not pissed off enough to sacrifice everything they believe in to vote for Trump and his empty promises, or are actually pissed off at him as well for hijacking the party and making it a laughing stock! EX: Romney/Rubio...

LOL.

Again, thank you for your opinion. But that is all it is, and I don't agree with it.

Many things are in play, and that leads to much uncertainty. Reason enough for polling to be jumping all over the place. Consider the polling in the UK prior to the Brexit vote. Clearly the money was on voters choosing to stay. The polling sure screwed that one up.

So, I remain interested in the anger and frustration of voters. I remain interested in the disdain voters have for Congress and government in general, and wonder if a member of the intellectual government elite the people seem so disgusted with will actually get the votes people are attempting to suggest she will.

It seems to me quite telling that someone as controversial as Donald Trump is giving someone who was basically handed the nomination such a difficult time. That should suggest something to people not already in the tank for the candidate who thought she could phone in her election.

LOL.

Again, thank you for your opinion. But that is all it is, and I don't agree with it.

Many things are in play, and that leads to much uncertainty. Reason enough for polling to be jumping all over the place. Consider the polling in the UK prior to the Brexit vote. Clearly the money was on voters choosing to stay. The polling sure screwed that one up.

So, I remain interested in the anger and frustration of voters. I remain interested in the disdain voters have for Congress and government in general, and wonder if a member of the intellectual government elite the people seem so disgusted with will actually get the votes people are attempting to suggest she will.

It seems to me quite telling that someone as controversial as Donald Trump is giving someone who was basically handed the nomination such a difficult time. That should suggest something to people not already in the tank for the candidate who thought she could phone in her election.

Actually no this is not an opinion I have just made up. Every poll says this! No poll says what you are saying.

Donald Trump Has A 20 Percent Chance Of Becoming President | FiveThirtyEight

Hillary Clinton Crushes Donald Trump In New Polls: Zero Chance In Electoral College For Trump, Clinton Leads Battlegrounds

New Poll Shows Just How Much The Black Voters Love Trump | RedState

Donald Trump's Hispanic voter 'doomsday' - BBC News

How Donald Trump Is Affecting Latino Votes For The GOP : NPR

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...g-nowhere-with-latino-voters-heres-the-proof/

Even the Brexit "win" didn't win by much, and we have very different problems here in the US than in the UK.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/24/politics/us-election-brexit-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Clinton is currently beating Trump in the RCP polls by four points.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

The Brexit polls weren't beat by much? Is that like I only lost by a little bit?

Second place is first loser. And no, I would suggest the sentiment of the voters in the US is very much like the that in the UK.

What do people think of Congress? What do people think of Government in general?

Just this week one poll had Hilary up by 12 points. A day or two later, another had Trump ahead of Clinton.

Again, I think it's significant that a non-politician is giving an entrenched politically elite candidate a run for their money. Even in the face of a never ending full court press by the media. That fact can't be discounted.

1. Second place is first loser. And no, I would suggest the sentiment of the voters in the US is very much like the that in the UK.
What do people think of Congress? What do people think of Government in general?

2. Just this week one poll had Hilary up by 12 points. A day or two later, another had Trump ahead of Clinton.

3. Again, I think it's significant that a non-politician is giving an entrenched politically elite candidate a run for their money. Even in the face of a never ending full court press by the media. That fact can't be discounted.

1. People have disapproved of congress for a long time and yet they keep re-electing what you would call establishment guys. Why would that be? What could that show? That shows that there is not a huge majority of people willing to trust a non-politician to do a politician's job.

2. What poll was that? How could I possibly know what you are referring to without links??

3. Actually Clinton is outraising Trump and Trump is having trouble countering her in Television Advertising, something that he should be "winning" at! Furthermore, all evidence points to the contrary that Trump is broke and needs the donors at the RNC to jump in after the convention. Will they? I doubt most of them will. Either way, it will not be enough time for him to build a proper political network capable of slaying the draconian elements of the Clinton Political Network. Trump will be a big time loser and you are only clinging on to wishful thinking of what Trump will be able to do to pull this off with a victory.

People eventually get tired of his say anything to get on TV businessmodel while the Democrat Party and some Republicans attack him on all sides. You can only remain an "outsider" for so long in politics. Eventually you will have to use some type of traditional methods of campaigning so people can learn WTF your message actually is."Build the wall" is not enough.

1. People have disapproved of congress for a long time and yet they keep re-electing what you would call establishment guys. Why would that be? What could that show? That shows that there is not a huge majority of people willing to trust a non-politician to do a politician's job.

2. What poll was that? How could I possibly know what you are referring to without links??

3. Actually Clinton is outraising Trump and Trump is having trouble countering her in Television Advertising, something that he should be "winning" at! Furthermore, all evidence points to the contrary that Trump is broke and needs the donors at the RNC to jump in after the convention. Will they? I doubt most of them will. Either way, it will not be enough time for him to build a proper political network capable of slaying the draconian elements of the Clinton Political Network. Trump will be a big time loser and you are only clinging on to wishful thinking of what Trump will be able to do to pull this off with a victory.

People eventually get tired of his say anything to get on TV businessmodel while the Democrat Party and some Republicans attack him on all sides. You can only remain an "outsider" for so long in politics. Eventually you will have to use some type of traditional methods of campaigning so people can learn WTF your message actually is."Build the wall" is not enough.

Yet, Trump is the presumptive Republican candidate, having received more votes than in previous election cycles. How can that be overlooked?

Have people complained and then reelected the same establishment types? Well yes they have. However, how many people gave Trump more than a cursory glance at the beginning of this election cycle?

As to the poll:

Trump pulls ahead of Clinton in Rasmussen poll - Business Insider

But again, polls are up, polls are down. One thing is certain, nothing is certain.

Clinton has exploitable baggage, and a record that is more hype than substance. Trump is a loose cannon, apparently immune to what is probably the most concentrated hyperbolic misrepresentative media/pundit/party machine offensive in modern politics.

And yet, he's still kicking. Something is going on, and it's probably not wise to dismiss or ignore it.

Yet, Trump is the presumptive Republican candidate, having received more votes than in previous election cycles. How can that be overlooked?

And yet, he's still kicking. Something is going on, and it's probably not wise to dismiss or ignore it.

Again, the general election technically hasn't really started yet, and Trump is not winning he is losing! At this point you have to throw out the primaries and start all over. Forget about all those statistics. They will be crushed by the general electorate and unfortunately Republicans are NOT in the majority and losing more people everyday, especially with a candidate as vulgar as Trump.

You have one poll that states he "wins by a little." I have a bunch of data that states the opposite. I'm not ignoring that Trump has tapped into his frustrated pissed off base. I've always said that, but it's wishful thinking to hope that Trump can win over just about anyone else...As no data states that he is capable of doing this.

Again, the general election technically hasn't really started yet, and Trump is not winning he is losing! At this point you have to throw out the primaries and start all over. Forget about all those statistics. They will be crushed by the general electorate and unfortunately Republicans are NOT in the majority and losing more people everyday, especially with a candidate as vulgar as Trump.

You have one poll that states he "wins by a little." I have a bunch of data that states the opposite. I'm not ignoring that Trump has tapped into his frustrated pissed off base. I've always said that, but it's wishful thinking to hope that Trump can win over just about anyone else...As no data states that he is capable of doing this.

You make an argument that all the data up to now has to be thrown out, and then cite data that you believe makes your case? That's a fairly weak argument.

Conventional wisdom suggests Trump shouldn't even show up on radar. But he not only show up on radar, he shows up as a force to be reckoned with.

The actions of the Hilary supportive media, and in fact Hilary herself, proves this true. If Trump is a nothing, why is Hilary raising, what, a $1 billion for her final run? It shouldn't take that much to deal with the underfunded Trump campaign. So it the $1billion to pad her pockets, are her benefactors buying future favors, or are they concerned they don't have a clue how to put him away and need the money to try?

You make an argument that all the data up to now has to be thrown out, and then cite data that you believe makes your case? That's a fairly weak argument.

Conventional wisdom suggests Trump shouldn't even show up on radar. But he not only show up on radar, he shows up as a force to be reckoned with.

The actions of the Hilary supportive media, and in fact Hilary herself, proves this true. If Trump is a nothing, why is Hilary raising, what, a $1 billion for her final run? It shouldn't take that much to deal with the underfunded Trump campaign. So it the $1billion to pad her pockets, are her benefactors buying future favors, or are they concerned they don't have a clue how to put him away and need the money to try?

Not all data, just polls about the primaries and where Trump stands. I did not link to any primary polls. I linked to national election polls. It is clear you are still thinking like a primary voter rather than a national election voter. I believe that Hillary Clinton has never been scared of Trump. Trump is still thinking like this is primary season, and he hasn't been able to touch Clinton yet. That's why he is having a hard time winning people over. When you are a national candidate you need to appeal to everyone! Trump does not.

Not all data, just polls about the primaries and where Trump stands. I did not link to any primary polls. I linked to national election polls. It is clear you are still thinking like a primary voter rather than a national election voter. I believe that Hillary Clinton has never been scared of Trump. Trump is still thinking like this is primary season, and he hasn't been able to touch Clinton yet. That's why he is having a hard time winning people over. When you are a national candidate you need to appeal to everyone! Trump does not.

Well, you have your opinion. I suggest Clinton is very scared, given the baggage she has created for herself, and the mood of the voters.

So you think insulting anyone who supports Trump will accomplish what?

It seems to me voters in general are pissed at the status quo, and they are sick and tired of being labeled by the PC crowd chained to the dogma of the left. I would suggest that is why Trump has caught their attention.

Having learned by example or experience that they risk personal and professional destruction if they step out of line and exercise the 1st Amendment rights, they see Trump as someone willing to push back against the Progressive Machine that seeks total global control of their lives.

Considering that is the Progressive end goal, I would suggest it's rather intelligent to listen to someone who is willing to take that agenda head on.

The problem with all this talk about pushing back against the progressive machine is TRUMP IS PROGRESSIVE FFS. Check his life long record, he's a big government activist, his first instincts are "Government action".

The fact people wanting to push back against over reaching government have turned to a man that is 110% FOR Government action is the greatest indication our education system has failed.

The problem with all this talk about pushing back against the progressive machine is TRUMP IS PROGRESSIVE FFS. Check his life long record, he's a big government activist, his first instincts are "Government action".

The fact people wanting to push back against over reaching government have turned to a man that is 110% FOR Government action is the greatest indication our education system has failed.

It's not necessary to accuse people who favor Trump over Clinton as being uneducated. That destroys whatever argument you are trying to make. Insults rarely accomplish the desired goal.

I recognize the current selection is flawed. But that is how our system works. Sometimes the meal is not as palatable as one hoped it would be. But people still have to eat.

The menu under Clinton would be inedible, IMO. So what is left?

It's not necessary to accuse people who favor Trump over Clinton as being uneducated. That destroys whatever argument you are trying to make. Insults rarely accomplish the desired goal.

I recognize the current selection is flawed. But that is how our system works. Sometimes the meal is not as palatable as one hoped it would be. But people still have to eat.

There is no real difference between Trump and Clinton in terms of core political philosophy.

Why do people listen to a conman's words today and ignore his constant words of the past???

There is no real difference between Trump and Clinton in terms of core political philosophy.

Why do people listen to a conman's words today and ignore his constant words of the past???

I would guess, in the end, because the conwoman's words are even worse.

Well, you have your opinion. I suggest Clinton is very scared, given the baggage she has created for herself, and the mood of the voters.

She may be appalled that Trump is the person who would win if she gets in any more trouble. But nothing indicates she is scared of the man or his small extremities and staff. She is likely raising the money just because she can and is albeit very good at doing this. The billion dollar campaign for a national election is common place and has been for well over a decade.

Unlike trump who has shown no skills in raising money. Even Ron Paul was better at it than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess, in the end, because the conwoman's words are even worse.

I'd say it's because when most people weren't paying attention to details the enthusiasm of Trump's Hype machine inspired them to make a bad choice we're stuck with.

Trump supporters may not all be uneducated but polls say trumps base is the poor uneducated blue collar workers. That being said they act way too much like Obama supporters did back in 2007. Remember how he was the anti-establishment pick? How'd that work out??

All trump supporters have is hope that trump will change things and build a wall... Seems familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you kidding me? Name any POTUS (or legislative) candidate of either party that was not for "government action"?

Think before you drink, even Kool-aid. Why would anyone run for elective office if they did not intend on changing the current course of government action?

Wasn't allowing SSM everywhere, ending the war in Vietnam or repealing prohibition "government action"? Government action does not exclusively mean adding more government agencies, programs and expense - do we really need 72 means tested federal social programs, a separate communication system for each branch of our military service or 80K pages of law to "tax income from all sources"?

Any change in government policy requires government action to order to accomplish that change.

Are you kidding me? Name any POTUS (or legislative) candidate of either party that was not for "government action"?

Think before you drink, even Kool-aid. Why would anyone run for elective office if they did not intend on changing the current course of government action?

Wasn't allowing SSM everywhere, ending the war in Vietnam or repealing prohibition "government action"? Government action does not exclusively mean adding more government agencies, programs and expense - do we really need 72 means tested federal social programs, a separate communication system for each branch of our military service or 80K pages of law to "tax income from all sources"?

Any change in government policy requires government action to order to accomplish that change.

I'm sorry, you will need to quit with the pedantic literalism before I can respond to this incoherent post of yours.

Back
Top Bottom