• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump suggests government start its own worldwide television network

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...nt-start-its-own-worldwide-television-network

President Trump on Monday suggested that the federal government start its own television network, as he voiced frustrations with the way CNN has covered his administration.

"Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way. Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!" Trump wrote on Twitter.”

I guess FOX News isn’t getting it done?

View attachment 67244963

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...nt-start-its-own-worldwide-television-network

President Trump on Monday suggested that the federal government start its own television network, as he voiced frustrations with the way CNN has covered his administration.

"Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way. Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!" Trump wrote on Twitter.”

View attachment 67244963

What's he going to call it? Pravda? :lamo

Trump is such an authoritarian lol.

Oh good, we always needed our own official Government Propaganda station.

What an ignorant remark. He's already got at least two such networks: VOA and Fox.

Having them both, why is Trump so preoccupied with CNN? Particularly when MSNBC, not CNN, is the ideological opposite of Fox?

Oh good, we always needed our own official Government Propaganda station.

Well FOX does a pretty good job of that.

View attachment 67244963

Cool.
So, which government department will have responsibility for it? Or will there be a new department created, and maybe a new cabinet position? Secretary of Information?

State run media is a horrible idea. It is not the right way to counter rampant leftist bias present in the media.

View attachment 67244963

Conservatives are all for the free market and the free press, until they aren't...

State run media is a horrible idea. It is not the right way to counter rampant leftist bias present in the media.

I have to agree with you on that. We already are in terrible situation with our media under the control of a handful of billionaires. Government control is the only thing worse. This should have Stalin and Hitler laughing in hell.

No two state run media outlets are overkill.........Hannity is not bringing home the bacon.........

Cool.
So, which government department will have responsibility for it? Or will there be a new department created, and maybe a new cabinet position? Secretary of Information?

Finally a government job for Hannity. :roll: I assume the taxpayers will cover the cost of Trump's propaganda network. His supporters will give back their $100 tax cut to make it happen!

View attachment 67244963

The self described stable genius sounds like an insane idiot

He can do his own fireside chat every day on the internet, Facebook, twitter, etc. He can also tell the media the next press conference will be when I am out of office. You can watch me on YouTube. Those that rely on our media can wait for the bias version put out later unfortunately.

View attachment 67244963

I totally agree. Let's call it the POP* Network.

*Pravda On the Potomac

Trump is such an authoritarian lol.

I was born in the USSR. People like Trump don't understand that pumping a population full of lies and state propaganda will not make you popular or beloved, nor will it secure the leader's power. People will quietly rebel, some loudly, but the state will call them enemies, and then neighbors will start reporting everything.

I had professor from Iran and he lived through the revolution. He said nobody liked the leadership, but they knew not to say so publicly. Day to day, his family said nothing in public, kept their head down, and tried to survive. His best friend disappeared.

North Korea is the same.

Korean TV says the leader is a god. NK is the greatest country on earth, but the people suffer and know the government does not care if they live or die by the law.

You're brain goes into survival mode despite the propaganda.

If Trump thinks his own form of propaganda is going to change his image and cause people to say he is a strong leader, the best ever, etc, and he has made America the greatest, etc. It's not going to happen like that... He isn't smart enough to know that, and I don't think his base understands it either. They need to stop encouraging attacks on the media every time a right winger is in office.

I have to agree with you on that. We already are in terrible situation with our media under the control of a handful of billionaires. Government control is the only thing worse. This should have Stalin and Hitler laughing in hell.

There are other options besides network news

What an ignorant remark. He's already got at least two such networks: VOA and Fox.

Having them both, why is Trump so preoccupied with CNN? Particularly when MSNBC, not CNN, is the ideological opposite of Fox?

There was always speculation that Trump wanted to start his own news media, and that's another reason why he ran for president. This isn't the first time he has talked about it

No two state run media outlets are overkill.........Hannity is not bringing home the bacon.........

I hear Trump talks to Hannity on the phone constantly. He is probably trying to constantly tell Hannity what to say, and what stories to promote. The problem is, Trump doesn't fully control Hannity or Fox. He Trump had state TV, he would get on it, constantly ranting about the witch hunt and evetything. His state media appearances would basically be his tweeter rants, but worse, and more in your face

There are other options besides network news

Not many. These billionaires realized a long time ago that owning our government and the media is the only way to control a superpower like the USA. These same people also control the banks that make up the Federal Reserve. These guys fund both parties and could care less who we vote for. They own our government from the federal level to the local level. They have more than half the country blindly supporting one of the 2 parties they own.

If one party was truly any better than the other by now the bad party would have lost support. The reason this doesn't happen is the rich and powerful keep us equally divided. Sure the balance goes back and forth but they never let one party get too much power. They must keep us divided to have the other side to blame for not solving a lot of the problems that would take a big bite out of their wealth.

They own TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, and most likely the internet. As soon as something takes off like You Tube the next thing you know they own it and/or put government regulations on it. They own the government so the make the regulations. If someone doesn't fall in line they are attacked like they are attacking Trump.

Modeled after the BBC is fine, modeled after Pravda....not so fine. The man is a disgrace.

What rampant leftist bias in the media? Stop drinking trump's koolaid and open your eyes and ears. The only biased media is the far right Faux News.

Oh wait - trump is now upset with Faux News because that meany Chris Wallace didn't kiss his boots during that train wreck interview. And how naughty were Faux News for supporting CNN's fight to give Jim Acosta back his press credentials.

View attachment 67244963

Does he mean like North Korea's government run media or the Russian government run media?

He might as well just abolish the 1st amendment. This is what he has wanted to do for years now. And his suck up republicans will happily give it to him.

Back
Top Bottom