• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump sues to keep White House records secret, claiming executive privilege

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN)Former President Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit in DC District Court against the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection and the National Archives in an effort to keep records from his presidency secret by claiming executive privilege.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! So which attorneys will he stiff on this suit?

(CNN)Former President Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit in DC District Court against the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection and the National Archives in an effort to keep records from his presidency secret by claiming executive privilege.

Ah, yet another loss in court ahead for Team Trump. I think Team Trump belongs on this list...

He is not President and has no executive privileges. He does get first dibs on the prime ribs at his club though.

Haha. He should snag Rudy for help before Rudy gets disbarred.

It's his way of stalling to block the public from finding out his dirty secrets. Some people have skeletons in a closet. Trump has skeletons spread out throughout every closet in every hotel room he owns. He doesn't have a skeletal leg to stand on but that doesn't matter. He hopes that he can stall until the election in a year where he thinks (and it's possible) that the House will go back to the GOP who will end the inquiry.

Makes me wonder what does he want to keep hidden? I suspect most of us know any sensitive information would be redacted.

This is like anything else he does nonsensical but stop laughing. Its a stalling tactic and the point is he will find people to represent him and drag it out for years thinking he can get re-elected and they again will have to adjourn it while he is in office a second time. Abusing the legal process with phony law suits is a game those who can have access to lawyers can play unfortunately.

This is like anything else he does nonsensical but stop laughing. Its a stalling tactic and the point is he will find people to represent him and drag it out for years thinking he can get re-elected and they again will have to adjourn it while he is in office a second time. Abusing the legal process with phony law suits is a game those who can have access to lawyers can play unfortunately.
There is a lawyer fool born every minute with him.

Why should today be any different? Rudy's lips are puckered when he's around The Donald, always ready to go.
Rudy is done. He was never paid, ran up huge debts and any business he thought his in the news activities would bring into his law firm instead turned him into a laughing stock. His passing gas in court, his idiotic witnesses with no evidence out of control, his showing up at the wrong address for a press conference, his hair dye running, all destroyed any image he might have had left. Covid 19 denials and electron fraud accusations finished him. When you are in your sixties you hope you take on a high profile case to serve as an advertisement to bring in cases to your firm for younger ones to handle. This has made him a personna non grata. So did his putting his hand in his pants and claiming he was adjusting them. What idiot brings a young girl in his hotel room alone. That in itself destroyed his reputation.

There is a lawyer fool born every minute with him.
Some of these fools by taking on such crap get publicity and you know how that goes TC. Any publicity is good publicity. The lawyer won't be the fool, the clients who love Trump wanting the same lawyer to represent them will be. Its why these lawyers jump at the opportunity. Its all about the money. Its not so much foolish as it is opportunistic whorish behaviour. I am a lawyer but I only teach now. Was I a whore. No but there is a fine line between the two oldest professions.

Every time I read one of these types of things about trump my mind immediately jumps to W saying about the patriot act, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Can we use the patriot act on trump?

He's just trying to delay, in hope that he can stall until 2022, in further hope that the GOP will take back the House and cancel any investigation into his role in the insurrection.

The Sue happed meglomaniac ... continues with his madness... I hope these suits and attorney fees eat deeply into his pocket and during discovery, they find even more of the malice that he keeps trying to hide.

Makes me wonder what does he want to keep hidden? I suspect most of us know any sensitive information would be redacted.

Trump in 2017 regarding voting officials turning over information said:
If any state does not want to share this information, one has to wonder what they’re worried about.
Source

So what's to hide Donnie boy?
🤔

Back
Top Bottom