• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Stepped Too Far Out of Bounds.

Except that I don't believe that our justice system is corrupt, at least no where near the degree you're claiming it to be. I believe there should be a fair trial even if that day did end in congresspeople being murdered. And there's no way you can compare our legal system to Nazi Germany's, so I'm not going to go there.
It very well is corrupt the powerful never face criminal charges for what they do anymore and people have to risk being beaten by cops just to get justice.

Isn't shooting tyrants one of the main reasons you guys support the Second Amendment?
The fact people only wanna play pseudo revolutionary to keep one man in power shows their calls for liberty are fake.

Dude. I despise Trump as much as the next guy. But to hear a foreigner, (even if it is just a Canadian,) advocating death and violence against an America politician just rubs me the wrong way.

Further, I am curious as to why the moderators here haven't called you out on your violent rhetoric but I digress.

Huh. A foreign poster advocating for violence on American streets. And they are from Canada. Right.

My how the times have changed.

Instead of rightwingtards shouting, "Lock her up! Lock her up!," now we got leftwingtards shouting "Lock him up! Lock him up!"

I think the two sides should realize how much they seem to have in common and build on that. LOL!

Sending and receiving emails is about the same as inciting insurrection I guess.
-smh-

Invalid comparison *FAIL*.

It very well is corrupt the powerful never face criminal charges for what they do anymore and people have to risk being beaten by cops just to get justice.

I just don't see how changing our justice system so that some people can be punished without a trial and conviction would make it less corrupt. Sounds like such exceptions would be ripe for abuse and would lead to even more corruption.

Trump still walks the streets!
He is a clear and present threat to America's democratic system in that he at least intends more criminal behaviour!

Allowing Trump to walk free is an outrageoous affront to America and all people who cherish it's freedom!

This topic is here for the purpose of exploring reality that has apparently been lost due to extremist politics.
So your answer is to go assassinate him? Im glad that I do not live in Canada or the rest of the world.

I just don't see how changing our justice system so that some people can be punished without a trial and conviction would make it less corrupt. Sounds like such exceptions would be ripe for abuse and would lead to even more corruption.
There is no accountability so the people must enforce accountability on the powerful. Thats what happens when you let the powerful have immunity.

Seems like you've already decided on Trump's guilt, but since he was acquitted of the charge of inciting insurrection I fail to see how our system of justice is to "get him off the streets" according to the law at this point - at least for crimes he might have committed while President anyway. Now, proving he broke the law while a private citizen might be a different story. (Re: SDNY)

He was acquitted in a POLITICAL trial, not criminal. YUGE difference.

The DOJ policy, not law, defers any criminal charges till after a president stands down. Hopefully tRump will stand criminal trial without partisan politicians as jurors.... ✌

Government regulation! Trump incited a riot and an attempt to bring down America's democracy. But that's hotly contested and so that becomes the point of this topic.

No democratic system can tolerate that sort of criminal behaviour to stand, yet America is allowing it to stand! America has failed to react accordingly to the threat. It was an instance of the most obvious need to arrest and imprison a would-be dictator until he can be brought to justice.

Trump walks free and that indicates the failure of America's democratic system. That's the point that needs to be understood by Americans, and that's the point of this topic.

This is not meant to troll the remaining Trump supporters left on this board, and not meant to enrage them. It's purely meant to bring the point home that America's system has become so fatally corrupted that it's lost sight of the need to protect the country against such attempts against the country.

This is not a time to debate Trump's guilt or innocence, it's a time to take positive action against him by the law to take Trump off the streets.

Men pushing 80 years old in the U.S. don't generally go to prison for a non violent crime.

Government regulation! Trump incited a riot and an attempt to bring down America's democracy. But that's hotly contested and so that becomes the point of this topic.

No democratic system can tolerate that sort of criminal behaviour to stand, yet America is allowing it to stand! America has failed to react accordingly to the threat. It was an instance of the most obvious need to arrest and imprison a would-be dictator until he can be brought to justice.

Trump walks free and that indicates the failure of America's democratic system. That's the point that needs to be understood by Americans, and that's the point of this topic.

This is not meant to troll the remaining Trump supporters left on this board, and not meant to enrage them. It's purely meant to bring the point home that America's system has become so fatally corrupted that it's lost sight of the need to protect the country against such attempts against the country.

This is not a time to debate Trump's guilt or innocence, it's a time to take positive action against him by the law to take Trump off the streets.

Nothing in the law would allow for taking him off the street.

He was acquitted in a POLITICAL trial, not criminal. YUGE difference.

The DOJ policy, not law, defers any criminal charges till after a president stands down. Hopefully tRump will stand criminal trial without partisan politicians as jurors.... ✌

Notice the absence of any charges filed. Theres a reason for that.

There is no accountability so the people must enforce accountability on the powerful. Thats what happens when you let the powerful have immunity.

But how would it be enforced if there is no trial and conviction? What would be the legal process of punishing someone in power who has escaped justice?

Is the microwave too slow for you???? :giggle:

Yes the reason is Biden is trying to get as much of his agenda through before the GOP goes out of it's far right rabid minds when charges are filed. Try the peon tRump fluffers and then build a case against the orange guy. I'd like to see the tax evasion trails go first.

It takes time to build a case against a former president. Stand back and stand by... it's coming... ✌

But how would it be enforced if there is no trial and conviction? What would be the legal process of punishing someone in power who has escaped justice?
Depends on the egregiousness and protections that person has and how long justice has been lacking. The system doesnt even enforce a restorative sense of justice so when someone like Trump is found guilty, he can just pay people off. A police officer has an almost impenetrable shield that prevents accountability on top of the laws on the books that people point to as reasonable protections. It will take reform but at this point the system does not seem capable of being reformed so the people need to take it into their own hands. CHAZ happened because of a multi year effort to hold the Seattle police accountable had been thwarted despite a consent decree being filed. They have been known for abusing minorities for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJG
Nothing in the law would allow for taking him off the street.
That's as true for Trump as it was true for Hitler.
So even in the last days, of war in Germany, nothing in the law could, or did take Hitler off the streets.

So even though the Capitol riot was nothing more than a bunch of very unhappy Americans with pointy sticks, they at least took themselves to be serious revolutionaries. And when they're punished the law will take some of them seriously and put a couple in jail for a long time.

America has already suffered a successful government coup with the assassination of Kennedy and then government action to ensure that Bobbie Kennedy couldn't become president.

I think the reason it didn't go according to plan for Trump is because he's a mad psychopath and he attracted people of his own ilk as his proposed revolutionaries. Sitting in chairs with feet up on desks, in the heat of a revolution, indeed! There's every reason to believe that Trump may try again because he knows he has some of his supporters already infiltrated into the military.

America's coup or coups need to be of a special kind because the American people believe that they can rely on the 'law' to stop a would be dictator.

So even though the US south isn't as rabid and frothing at the mouth racist today compared to what it was overtly in the 60's, they're still covertly the same people and they're being severely burned by Biden. Biden must be kept safe by a 'Secret Service' that has been infiltrated by his enemies.

There are several reasons but those reasons can all fit under the one explanation that America's Constitution is fatally flawed and isn't capable of dealing with a president that has become a criminal and a threat to America's democracy.

That which has already worked and is much more possible in America is a coup to take down the sitting president.

Does Trump have a great deal of support within the military and within the police?

Just judging by the amount of hate and vitriol being displayed by Trump's supporters, I would say that America could already be a ticking time bomb.

If Allan Dulles was the leader of the Kennedy coup and walked, who will be the leaders of the next political assassination, and will they walk?

Men pushing 80 years old in the U.S. don't generally go to prison for a non violent crime.
I consider oneliners that make no point worth making as spam.
Making a valid point and spamming too is fine with me.

So your answer is to go assassinate him? Im glad that I do not live in Canada or the rest of the world.
No of course not and that's a deliberate attempt to demonize and mock my opinions.

There may not be legal remedies but thats not the only way to remedy the situation if you catch my drift.

Depends on the egregiousness and protections that person has and how long justice has been lacking. The system doesnt even enforce a restorative sense of justice so when someone like Trump is found guilty, he can just pay people off. A police officer has an almost impenetrable shield that prevents accountability on top of the laws on the books that people point to as reasonable protections. It will take reform but at this point the system does not seem capable of being reformed so the people need to take it into their own hands. CHAZ happened because of a multi year effort to hold the Seattle police accountable had been thwarted despite a consent decree being filed. They have been known for abusing minorities for a long time.

I see what you're saying and I agree that there are big problems that need to be addressed, but I personally think our broken system can be fixed through reform.

There may not be legal remedies but thats not the only way to remedy the situation if you catch my drift.

I do, I just don't support those remedies.

I see what you're saying and I agree that there are big problems that need to be addressed, but I personally think our broken system can be fixed through reform.

I do, I just don't support those remedies.
We might not have much of a choice. How to address them when the most obvious instance of sedition is lead by a president? He got let off by a technicality that Mitch essentially created out of whole cloth. When someone gets off scott free like that anything less than total confiscation of their wealth or ability to do so again will only enable them. We are in a situation where Charles Manson would have gotten away with his crimes if he was president. If a president shoots someone on 5th avenue, his immunity along with a servile party would allow him to get away with it.

That's as true for Trump as it was true for Hitler.

And just as it would be true for the ordinary man on the street, sooooooo not sure of the relevance of Hitler.

Back
Top Bottom